A&M preparing to make a run at James Franklin

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Texas A&M must be loading up the Brinks truck to make him an offer he can't refuse because I'm pretty sure he's a Pennsylvania guy and this would seem a lateral move. Penn State has a pretty storied history so I'm not really sure what they can give him that he doesn't already have.

The real question is would you take Kevin Sumlin? He's an upgrade, that's obvious, but would he be someone you would legitimately consider? Offense has really never been his issue and he's done some good things with some young QBs. You'd have to at least put him in consideration, no?

There is no such thing as "an offer he can't refuse". To think so is living in a fantasy alternative reality. No disrespect intended, just reality.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
And getting paid at least as much as TAM can pay him, maybe more considering PA might tax him more than Texas. And if he stops winning nobody will want him.
That's why Muschamp never started. And it worked. :banghead:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't get why texas anm is so unhappy. When in their history have they had an 8 win coach? Outide of the manzel /von miller year they've never been good in my lifetime. Do they really believe theyre gonna poach a coach from Penn state.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I just don't get why texas anm is so unhappy. When in their history have they had an 8 win coach? Outide of the manzel /von miller year they've never been good in my lifetime. Do they really believe theyre gonna poach a coach from Penn state.

Bear Bryant was before your life time. Franklin is not going to leave Penn State.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's because they have craaaaaaazy money.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

They were pretty good under Slocum in the early and mid nineties. A lot of wins but they would usually lose the Cotton Bowl those years.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OC? Sure.

HC? :lmao2::lmao2:

Yeah, I wish we could pick him up as an OC. I've thought that several times, actually. But we'll probably just keep Nuss... meanwhile Saban will add him to bama's "Support staff" while we sit idle and slide further into the offensive abyss.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is what a ballsy AD does. Remember, we could've had Franklin the day after the Ga Southern game in 2013. But our idiot AD screwed all that up.
No, chump DESERVED a 4th year...because of injuries and bad luck. You can't fire a bad coach in year 3 if they have injuries and bad luck...you just make them fire the OC and give them that 4th year to turn things around...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
A&M wants to shytcan their coach and he's 10X better than ours.

:sadnanner:

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've got a good friend out here who's an aTm grad and very connected. Everything he's told me is they are preparing their run for Grass Eater.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I've got a good friend out here who's an aTm grad and very connected. Everything he's told me is they are preparing their run for Grass Eater.

I guess by Grass Eater you mean Les Miles. Way way more likely they can get Miles than Franklin.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I guess I am foolish, your job should be about money, and of course they can't pay more than say Penn State either.

Not that Franklin is leaving, but if you're arguing who has more money you're losing this argument. Texas A&M is one of the top 10 richest programs in the country (along w/ the Ivy League schools). Their endowment is ridiculous. They have this thing in Texas called "oil money"....and A&M has a lot of it. They can pay as much...or more than any program in the country.

Also, go look up Joe Pa's salary. He was one of the lowest paid coaches in the country when coaching salaries starting running up (he never asked for much money, so PSU didn't offer to up it to keep up w/ the Jones'). Now their paying the going rate at a school like Penn State. But A&M will and can pay the type of money Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan are paying. Money is not an object.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.