According to PFF Scarlett earned 75.4% of his yards after contact (Highest % in the Country)

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_20170706-195839.jpg Imagine what he could do with competent QB/OL play! Screenshot_20170706-195944.png Screenshot_20170706-200005.jpg this is very impressive also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-195839.jpg
    Screenshot_20170706-195839.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20170706-195944.png
    Screenshot_20170706-195944.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20170706-200005.jpg
    Screenshot_20170706-200005.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 74

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was posted in one of the other mess of threads, but it is deserving of its own.
Kid could be a beast, hope he gets the chance to shine this season.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The fact that he gets yardage after contact and breaks tackles is not true because he missed a block?

I agree he needs to improve his blocking. I also agree he will not be the total package if he doesn't improve his blocking.

None of that debunks the quoted stats.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The fact that he gets yardage after contact and breaks tackles is not true because he missed a block?

I agree he needs to improve his blocking. I also agree he will not be the total package if he doesn't improve his blocking.

None of that debunks the quoted stats.

Sure, he breaks blocks. We can find meaningless stats about dozens of players. Someone posted about Goolsby having among the top 3 least amount of drops last year. And that's supposed to make our 116th ranked offense better? Scarlet having this stat is great, but when he gets blown up on passing plays it more or less negates any positive....much like a DE who has 10 sacks on the season, but gets 7 off-sides/neutral zone penalties, along w/ 3 roughing the passer calls. Good.....and bad. But hey! Scarlet breaks tackles....when he's not getting CRUSHED on a passing play, allowing the play to get blown up. Awesome!!! All-SEC BABBBBY!!!

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Sure, he breaks blocks. We can find meaningless stats about dozens of players. Someone posted about Goolsby having among the top 3 least amount of drops last year. And that's supposed to make our 116th ranked offense better? Scarlet having this stat is great, but when he gets blown up on passing plays it more or less negates any positive....much like a DE who has 10 sacks on the season, but gets 7 off-sides/neutral zone penalties, along w/ 3 roughing the passer calls. Good.....and bad. But hey! Scarlet breaks tackles....when he's not getting CRUSHED on a passing play, allowing the play to get blown up. Awesome!!! All-SEC BABBBBY!!!

No one was implying All SEC or excusing his less than stellar blocking. Not everything has to be bad. Even on Gatorchatter.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, and people gave me hell for saying appleby was a schit QB :grin:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No one was implying All SEC or excusing his less than stellar blocking. Not everything has to be bad. Even on Gatorchatter.

Sure....but this is one of those stats that you sit on, until he actually does something. Same w/ the Goolsby stat. This offense is sh*t. Period. And saying he "leads the nation" is comical....when the offense is literally near LAST in the nation. It's also another example of how low we've sunk....this is nothing more than a "moral victory". Just leave it alone. It's embarrassing. This thread was started as a "pat on the back" kind of way. It's embarrassing.... But I get it, moral victories are what we've become used to. Maybe this year we'll score a TD vs. FSU when Scarlet breaks a tackle!!!!

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Sure....but this is one of those stats that you sit on, until he actually does something. Same w/ the Goolsby stat. This offense is sh*t. Period. And saying he "leads the nation" is comical....when the offense is literally near LAST in the nation. It's also another example of how low we've sunk....this is nothing more than a "moral victory". Just leave it alone. It's embarrassing. This thread was started as a "pat on the back" kind of way. It's embarrassing.... But I get it, moral victories are what we've become used to. Maybe this year we'll score a TD vs. FSU when Scarlet breaks a tackle!!!!

Or........it could have been started as a simple topic of discussion not designed to bring out vein popping rage. I could be wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Very much so....

Amazing how a RB can break a tackle but can't block a blitzing Safety or LB....
That's not debunked. That just means he can bust tackles but not block.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Scarlett learns his pass blocking, he's going to be a great back that should have a really good year for us and at the next level. This year, with the Oline hopefully playing better with more experience, will give him an opportunity to really have good numbers because he won't be dodging people in the backfield

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When Scarlett learns his pass blocking, he's going to be a great back that should have a really good year for us and at the next level. This year, with the Oline hopefully playing better with more experience, will give him an opportunity to really have good numbers because he won't be dodging people in the backfield

He needs to get better at finding the holes that open up real fast also. That is what is keeping him from being an elite RB with the ball in his hands right now besides the OL needing improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator