According to PFF Scarlett earned 75.4% of his yards after contact (Highest % in the Country)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Seider can teach him to sit back, slide, and wait on the blitzing LB or pass rusher this will complete him as a RB. He needs to really break out this year. If the OL improves, like they should, it could be a very special year for JS.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there should be any debate regarding his ability to break tackles and pick up the YAC and tough yards overall during his carries. He happens to be a hard-nose back that doesn't shy away from contact. He has enough speed to hurt the opposition when he gets into the second and third levels of the D. I agree with the opinions that feel he has to get more carries per game. It's him and the other backs, who aren't bad, but he's the guy. Run him.

As for his poor blocking, It would be counter-intuitive to say it is a result of him shying from contact. Rather, it appears that he doesn't know the schemes and who likely is freed up defensively that he would be responsible for or that he is having trouble processing and/or reacting to engage the block. Thing is, he's going to be a third year player. If he hasn't learned it by now, he's either learning impaired or this facet has not been sufficiently repped or reinforced properly. That he has no problem hitting the proper hole/crease leads me to count on Seider to bolster the pass pro piece ;)

When this is rectified, a good back will become elite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.