According to PFF Scarlett earned 75.4% of his yards after contact (Highest % in the Country)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great stat for him, terrible stat for our line. I'm hoping his percentage of tackles broken next year remains high but overall numbers are greatly reduced. Otherwise our line is still sucking azz.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great stat for him, terrible stat for our line. I'm hoping his percentage of tackles broken next year remains high but overall numbers are greatly reduced. Otherwise our line is still sucking azz.
:exactly:
Scarlett doesn't get all those missed tackles if half of them aren't in the backfield and he's juking for his life. He could break 3 tackles on a one yard gain. :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Its just absolutely unfathomable to have no offensive line play for almost a whole decade at the flagship university in a state that produces more football talent than any other in the nation. You have to try to suck that hard.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know that Scarlett had his issues with blocking, but he should have gotten more than 14 carries a game last season. He easily would have had over 1,000 yards if he averaged about 5 more touches per game. I hope Mac doesn't go back to the running back by committee. I think Scarlett should get about 20 carries per game. That only happened 3 times last year and we won all 3 games (UGA, LSU, and USCe). The outcome may not have been different but I find it interesting that he only got 10 carries against UT and 5 against Ark. It may or may not be a coincidence that our two most embarrassing losses involved our best RB not getting many carries.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know that Scarlett had his issues with blocking, but he should have gotten more than 14 carries a game last season. He easily would have had over 1,000 yards if he averaged about 5 more touches per game. I hope Mac doesn't go back to the running back by committee. I think Scarlett should get about 20 carries per game. That only happened 3 times last year and we won all 3 games (UGA, LSU, and USCe). The outcome may not have been different but I find it interesting that he only got 10 carries against UT and 5 against Ark. It may or may not be a coincidence that our two most embarrassing losses involved our best RB not getting many carries.

Agreed, especially after the first couple of games.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just imagine if he was breaking tackles 5 yards downfield instead of in his own backfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.