AJC: Florida's Muschamp knows what he's doing, OK?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is an article from a Bulldog point of view, obviously.

I have no idea what Muschamp meant when he said, “If it was about suspension, you’d never have an issue.” Then again, I’ve often had no idea what Muschamp is doing — and I’m not sure he does, either. He’s on his third offensive coordinator in four seasons at Florida. Last year’s Gators went 4-8, the worst Florida had done since 1979. Muschamp is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater. (Ron Zook, by way of contrast, was 2-1 against the Bulldogs.)

At the end of the day, to invoke a Muschamp line, he has been a terrible hire and was lucky not to be fired last year. He has definitely — another Boom-ism — altered and changed the way people look at Florida football.

We used to see the Gators as one of the nation’s mightiest problems, the hated opponent Georgia couldn’t beat. Under Muschamp, Florida is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater, and 0-1 against Georgia Southern. At the end of the day, he’s overmatched.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Best quote of the article...
"We used to see the Gators as one of the nation’s mightiest problems, the hated opponent Georgia couldn’t beat. Under Muschamp, Florida is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater, and 0-1 against Georgia Southern. At the end of the day, he’s overmatched."

Sad, but UGA fans love Muschamp... Hopefully, he makes them eat crow this year and rights the ship!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the comments...:suicide:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n41542 said:

I would have never thought the FL football program would have reverted to dang near being considered a joke.
Getting pity from Bulldog fans....is there anything lower?

Muschamp gets replaced by Petrino at the end of the year, are there helmet laws in Fla?
There's definitely a lot of smoke on this one. I heard from a source that Foley and Petrino have had over 200 phone conversations in the last ten weeks.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GMDGATOR;n41542 said:

I would have never thought the FL football program would have reverted to dang near being considered a joke.

Muschamp gets replaced by Petrino at the end of the year, are there helmet laws in Fla?
There's definitely a lot of smoke on this one. I heard from a source that Foley and Petrino have had over 200 phone conversations in the last ten weeks.
no...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GMDGATOR;n41542 said:

If Foley hires that piece of sh!t Petrino, then he should be canned the day Petrino jumps to a different job!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GMDGATOR;n41542 said:

Petrino is a POS and there would be a lot of message board arguments and a media firestorm but as soon as his offense exploded in The Swamp everyone would love him. That being said no way do i think Foley would hire him

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For the life of me I can't figure out why this has turned out to be such a BIG FRIGGEN DEAL....I guess if their punishment was to only play in 11 games instead of 12, there would be no problem. Really what about all the other crap with suspended players from around the country. At most you see a one paragraph article and that's it. I get that Muschamp is under the microscope this year but WTF......I sure as he!! hope we kick the livin s--- out of some people this year on the field.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n41594 said:
For the life of me I can't figure out why this has turned out to be such a BIG FRIGGEN DEAL....I guess if their punishment was to only play in 11 games instead of 12, there would be no problem. Really what about all the other crap with suspended players from around the country. At most you see a one paragraph article and that's it. I get that Muschamp is under the microscope this year but WTF......I sure as he!! hope we kick the livin s--- out of some people this year on the field.

:chomp:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n41560 said:
I have a good hire. Charlie Strong. But he wont come back after the way that we treated him. Plus Austin is a much bigger city.

:rolleyes:

Besides hiring him three different times, paying him quite well and providing him a platform to become a college head coach how exactly did Florida mistreat Charlie Strong? He stated he was not ready to leave L'vlle when the Gator job came open because they had given him his first chance at a head coaching job and he had only been there a year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
divits said:
Gatoravatara;n41560 said:
I have a good hire. Charlie Strong. But he wont come back after the way that we treated him. Plus Austin is a much bigger city.

:rolleyes:

Besides hiring him three different times, paying him quite well and providing him a platform to become a college head coach how exactly did Florida mistreat Charlie Strong? He stated he was not ready to leave L'vlle when the Gator job came open because they had given him his first chance at a head coaching job and he had only been there a year.
Just let them keep believing.....some on here probably think if we talk badly about Meyer, Shelly, who supposedly reads these boards, will see and not want Urban to come back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n41531 said:

"I have no idea what Muschamp meant when he said, “If it was about suspension, you’d never have an issue.” Then again, I’ve often had no idea what Muschamp is doing — and I’m not sure he does, either. He’s on his third offensive coordinator in four seasons at Florida. Last year’s Gators went 4-8, the worst Florida had done since 1979. Muschamp is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater. (Ron Zook, by way of contrast, was 2-1 against the Bulldogs.)

At the end of the day, to invoke a Muschamp line, he has been a terrible hire and was lucky not to be fired last year. He has definitely — another Boom-ism — altered and changed the way people look at Florida football.

We used to see the Gators as one of the nation’s mightiest problems, the hated opponent Georgia couldn’t beat. Under Muschamp, Florida is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater, and 0-1 against Georgia Southern. At the end of the day, he’s overmatched."

lol - Did Law write that

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever said:
oxrageous;n41531 said:

"I have no idea what Muschamp meant when he said, “If it was about suspension, you’d never have an issue.” Then again, I’ve often had no idea what Muschamp is doing — and I’m not sure he does, either. He’s on his third offensive coordinator in four seasons at Florida. Last year’s Gators went 4-8, the worst Florida had done since 1979. Muschamp is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater. (Ron Zook, by way of contrast, was 2-1 against the Bulldogs.)

We used to see the Gators as one of the nation’s mightiest problems, the hated opponent Georgia couldn’t beat. Under Muschamp, Florida is 0-3 against Georgia, his alma mater, and 0-1 against Georgia Southern. At the end of the day, he’s overmatched."

lol - Did Law write that
I was wondering the same thing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41603 said:
lol - Did Law write that
As hard as it may be to accept, not only do ALL our rivals feel this way, so does a very large slice of the Gator Nation. We've got to win big to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.