All-Time Gator team

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Thought this would be interesting to do. What's your all time gator team/best overall squad. You can choose any players from any gator squad. Feel free to add honorable mentions as well. Here's Mine.

Defense:
Free safety: reggie nelson
Strong safety: Matt Elam
Corner: Janoris Jenkins
Corner: Keiwan Ratliff
Weakside Linebacker: Jarred Davis
Middle Linebacker: Channing Crowder
Strong wider lber: Jevon Kearse
WDE: Jack Youngblood
SDE: Carlos Dunlap
3-tech: Sharrif Floyd
NT: Gerard Warren

Offense
OT: Lomas Brown
OG: Jason Odom
C: Pouncey
OG: David Williams
OT: Jeff Zimmermen

Qb: Tebow
RB: Fred Taylor
TE: Ben Troupe
Wr: percy
Wr: calloway
Wr: Riley (needed a taller wr)
kicker: Eddy P

Some guys are a little out of position and obviously there will be disagreements but thats what makes it fun.
Also, in the future we could do an all time gator draft and cap the teams at like 10 or whatever's agreed upon and have them then do a head to head matchup with different teams facing each other and open each matchup to a gatorchatter public vote. Winner moves on until a champion is crowned. Just an idea.
Also, it should be acknowledged that Swamp Donkey schooled me in regards to Nattiel. Probably in contention for all time fastest gator or at least top10. Dude clocked a 4.29... Ill take the L on that one
and again not taking anything away from the players left out at all. There are PLENTY of other GATOR GREATS not on this list and thats all it is a list. IT can be debated, but they are all gators regardless. ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR! ID take ANY all time gator team over other programs teams and we'd win ALL DAY! Watch out Saban, theres more gator greats coming on the way too. See you in Atlanta.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Wilbur Marshall. Emmit Smith Eric Rhett. Wes Chandler (maybe best athlete ever at UF) The oline looks good. LB has to have Scott Brantley .
The secondary guys for Pell were pretty awesome. cannot remember names now (getting old)
Louis Oliver. bad azzz (walk on even)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No i took into account ability in today's game, and as i said i needed size with Cooper who's like 6'3. Nattiel, Alvarez, and Chandler are all gator greats. But i'm looking for a team i today's environment and i think calloway and Percy have more speed. Also, I said Team not individual. If we are just saying the best player per position i would have went more off stats.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Back to school, boy.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
On my all time team, Reggie Nelson starts at Free Safety. We've had great Strong Safeties but I'd move Louis Oliver from free to strong. With his size and speed, he'd be a stud against the run and able to cover TE and backs out of the backfield.

The Corners are Joe Haden, Lito Sheppard, and Janoris Jenkins. Yes, you get three because we need a nickel.

LBs are Wilber Marshall, Scot Brantley, Spikes, and Kearse (and I hate to put Kearse in there)

DL is tough. Youngblood, Gerrard Warren, Ed Chester (y'all don't know, trust me on this one), Kevin Carter

I'll do the offense separately.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
QB is Grossman. I'm putting together a team to beat your team. I like Wuerffel and Tebow (and Spurrier) more, but I'm going to beat your team with Rexy.

RB is Emmitt Smith. C'mon man. Are you freakin' kidding me? I loved Freddy T. I was at UF his entire career. But Emmitt. Sheesh.

WR Wes Chandler, Jabbar Gaffney, Cris Collinsworth

TE Aaron Hernandez. What? OK, then Troupe.

OL
Jason Odom, both Pounceys, Jeff Mitchell, and Lomas Brown.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Alex got itr right with Ed Chester and Janoris. Didnt ed ruin his knee before the NFL? Lito was excellent

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
On my all time team, Reggie Nelson starts at Free Safety. We've had great Strong Safeties but I'd move Louis Oliver from free to strong. With his size and speed, he'd be a stud against the run and able to cover TE and backs out of the backfield.

The Corners are Joe Haden, Lito Sheppard, and Janoris Jenkins. Yes, you get three because we need a nickel.

LBs are Wilber Marshall, Scot Brantley, Spikes, and Kearse (and I hate to put Kearse in there)

DL is tough. Youngblood, Gerrard Warren, Ed Chester (y'all don't know, trust me on this one), Kevin Carter

Alex.
Ed Chester was a BEAST. Running plays would just die right at the LOS when Chester was doing his thing. Loved Channing Crowder. Great player under an awful coach in Zook.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
QB is Grossman. I'm putting together a team to beat your team. I like Wuerffel and Tebow (and Spurrier) more, but I'm going to beat your team with Rexy.
Rex brought it to the table in the SOS offense but Timmy could beat you in more than one way...........

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thought this would be interesting to do. What's your all time gator team/best overall squad. You can choose any players from any gator squad. Feel free to add honorable mentions as well. Here's Mine.

Defense:
Free safety: reggie nelson
Strong safety: Matt Elam - Louis Oliver would be good here.. don't remember if he was strong or free, but he could probably adjust.
Corner: Janoris Jenkins - I go with Haden here. I think Haden was better and I can't put an all time great who only played one season.
Corner: Keiwan Ratliff
Weakside Linebacker: Jarred Davis - Wilbur Marshall
Middle Linebacker: Channing Crowder - Brandon Spikes
Strong wider lber: Jevon Kearse
WDE: Jack Youngblood
SDE: Curtis Dunlap
3-tech: Sharrif Floyd
NT: Gerard Warren

Offense
OT: Lomas Brown
OG: Jason Odom
C: Pouncey
OG: David Williams
OT: Jeff Zimmermen

Qb: Tebow - I probably go with Danny, but Sexy Rexy is a close second for me.. he had a better arm!
RB: Fred Taylor - Emmitt - Fred was amazing, but there is no better than #22.
TE: Ben Troupe
Athlete: percy
Wr: calloway - you have to be kidding me. The kid has been very good for two seasons, but all time great! - Ike Hilliard
Wr: Riley (needed a taller wr) - Not even the best on his team! Carlos Alvarez
kicker: Eddy P
Some guys are a little out of position and obviously there will be disagreements but i took into account stats and ability for some.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rex brought it to the table in the SOS offense but Timmy could beat you in more than one way...........

I already said I like Timmy more, but I'm going to beat you with Rexy throwing from the pocket and handing off to Emmitt.

If I had chosen Timmy as my QB, I would have picked WR who were better blockers. Chandler and Collinsworth are going to be behind the defense catching bombs deep downfield.

Trust me Coach. I know what I'm talking about.

Alex.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How they hell do you put crowder over spikes , Peterson , or even siler and Rutledge . Channing was good for us, but those four guys had better careers , and played on title teams.

dl. Warren, ed Chester, Alex brown , Kevin carter

Lb_ Spikes , Mike peterson, Kearse

CB LITO , Fred weary
Nickel - Haden

Safety - Wright , Reggie

Pr- Keiwan, Lito

I like your OL. But I'd probably sub
K walker in over Thompson and find a spot for
Zedalis possibly at Rg . Sub
Coop and callaway for quezie and Ike . I like the rest of your team. For the record whenever we see these lists a name that never comes up is Brandon siler. But that guy was a great player for us and instrumental in a national title season. A strong argument can be made for him over kearse at backer

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.

Nice team alex . Too bad you can't run a 4 -4-4 haha. By the Mike Peterson says hi. Four backers over him? You lost your mind buddy! PS- you can't have ed Chester. That is my guy!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I already said I like Timmy more, but I'm going to beat you with Rexy throwing from the pocket and handing off to Emmitt.

If I had chosen Timmy as my QB, I would have picked WR who were better blockers. Chandler and Collinsworth are going to be behind the defense catching bombs deep downfield.
I didnt know you had Rex handing off to Emmitt and in the SOS offense. You got me there. Imagine Timmy and Emmitt at the same time.
I always said Emmitt averages about 10 yds a carry in the SOS offense Shane Danny Rexy you name it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You are obviously very, very young.

Which of those receivers are on UFs career rececptions or TD lists?

Exactly. It would also hard for me to leave Ellis Johnson off my list. Also Walter Mayberry set records that lasted decades and reputedly the best athlete to play for UF before Wes Chandler.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Elam was a really good (not great) player for us. I think people remember the rip on Beckham against LSU, and take his career for more than it was. He was a really good player , but outside of that one play wasn't exactly spectacular. I'm not even sure he would
Make my third team defense . Reggie, Wright , Tony George , teako , Todd Johnson , major and Ahmad black are all guys that had better careers here.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nice team alex . Too bad you can't run a 4 -4-4 haha. By the Mike Peterson says hi. Four backers over him? You lost your mind buddy! PS- you can't have ed Chester. That is my guy!

I wanted to be able to go 4-3, 3-4, or nickel.

I didn't pick Peterson because I think he's more of a cover 2 guy but on second thought, you win. I didn't want Kearse anyway. Drop Kearse, add Peterson.

Alex.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How 'bout that? Calloway made the all-time team. I wasn't even sure he'd make the first line of the depth chart this fall. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.