Founding Member
Peaky Blinders is a good one

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marco polo was really good, I thought. Season 2 comes out July1st.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New Girl
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League

If you haven't seen The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad you're really living under a rock b

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
There is a 8 part hbo mini series that I just started on Amazon.... I would assume it is one Netflix.... About John Adams. I really like it so far. Very historically accurate from what I think I know.

Just wrapped up the Adams mini-series. Incredibly good stuff.
For all their faults, we are very fortunate to have had men like those.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So, I'm finally getting time to watch some things, and while I do intend to someday find out what all the hubbub has been about regarding walking dead, soa, and the rest; I will admit a bit of unwillingness to jump into something with so many seasons. It's somewhat daunting.

Instead, I've found a few netflix original series that only have one season out so far:

Stranger Things

In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and seemingly malevolent supernatural forces converge on the town, while a few locals begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye.

The Duffer Brothers who made this wanted to do the upcoming remake of Stephen King's "IT" but didn't get it. They then turned their attention to this project and it's great. Set in the 80's with Winona Rider as one of the leads (Mom of the disappeared boy), the eiposdes are littered with posters and references to John Carpenter, Stephen King, and all of what many of us loved from the 80's. The plot is a bit of Twighlight Zone with people (and a monster) transitioning between dimensions, and how the bridge was built. Nothing hokey, but all very well done. The kicker for me was the overwhelmingly awesome soundtrack of Tangerine Dream, New Order, and other artists from that era that so perfectly fit the scenes. Highly recommend this. I'm excited for series 2 to arrive next year.

[URL='http://Glitch']Glitch[/url]

When Senior Constable James Hayes, a police officer in the small town of Yoorana, is called out to the local cemetery in the middle of the night, he makes a discovery that turns his world upside down. Six people have inexplicably risen from the dead in perfect health.

I've seen mention that this is a remake of an American remake of a French remake of a .... you get the idea. The premise is not so original, in that a handful of people come back to life in a small town. The angle, however, is interesting in that they are from different eras (one man has been dead one or two hundred years). Each have their own history, and storyline to unwind. But the central theme is ... why? They don't know, and the cop who found them in the graveyard walking around naked is trying to find out with the help of a local doctor. There are character twists along the way, a significant one for the cop in the first two episodes. The acting is good (not great), the series is shot in Australia, so there is a little bit of 'off-balance' about it (accents, drivers on the wrong side, treatment of races based on when the character was originally alive as opposed to the now). But it is enjoyable. Maybe not 'highly' (I'm only on episode 3) but still recommended. I'll give another opinion once I finish the season. This, also, has been renewed for a second season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator