Anyone else worried about the prospect of playing UCF in a New Year's 6 bowl?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're no longer lovable now that they've grown cocky.

Jun 2, 2015
Milton is a really good College QB. Their offense can score some points, especially when they go to their super hurry up. Their defense sucks, particularly their secondary. (which we have a problem exploiting). It would come down to how much we could keep their offense off the field. Not a give me, IMO.

Agree. Even Herbstreit stated their offense could hang with any team in the top 4. Interestingly, their defense surprisingly showed up yesterday from some obscure place that they have been all year.

Jun 2, 2015
Perhaps, but you also have dementia.

The are a commuter school. An overgrown community college and a directional school. I can tell you from experience 90% of the kids there wear Gators, Nulls, or scUM stuff. Not Central Golden Knight stuff.

Swamp D, Regardless of the fact that they are a commuter school, they are going to be a school to contend with in football in the future. In addition, they will eventually have far more alums. Definitely disagree with you as to the 90%. I was on campus 2 weeks ago and out of the numerous students I saw, they all had on Knights gear. I did not see any Gator, Cane or Nollie gear. UCF has a far better record (regardless of conference or SOS) than any of the "big3" football schools in FL. Thus, how long ago was your "experience"? They may have been true a few years ago.

BTW, as an F.Y.I, I had a complete annual check up in mid November of this year (which includes both physical and mental) as recommended by Medicare and nope, surprise.....no dementia!!!! Just difference of opinion.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter. Central is still a bullshyt directional school with zero star talent in an irrelevant conference playing other bullshyt directional schools. They aren't even playing good directional schools. I think they've played two winning teams.

Being large means nothing. Dade CC is large. Valencia is large. Arizona State is large. "U" Phoenix is large. FIU is large.

Last edited:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
UCF will never be able to get into a real conference, the big 12 said No, twice, their time in the spotlight will be similar to Boise St, a lot of hoopla but then people will realize they play nobody and are always going to be in a 2nd tier conference, people will stop caring and their 11-1 regular seasons will be noticed by nobody.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Food for thought on this debate.

Unlike last year, the Peach Bowl gets first selection regarding matchups.

I don’t believe they will take UCF again, so good chance if we win out that they would take UF vs Penn State or Texas. I believe that UCF will be like last year and the last chosen and head out to the Fiesta

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I worry about us not caring about the bowl and losing to a UCF team like Auburn last year
I'm not so worried about that scenario. Auburn was one game away from a playoff last year before losing to UGA. That's a completely different situation than we're in. We've know we have no possibility of that for a while and our best hope is a NY6. Also, UCF has ran their mouth the last couple years about being the best in Florida. I don't see how we wouldn't be hyped up to knock them off their ladder. After all, there have been games that I didn't think we had a chance of winning this year and Mullen always surprises me with a great game plan to win the game. I'd love a shot a the defending "National Champions"!

SaltyGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
They will do everything possible to get Mullen set up against Urbie.
Now that I would love! What better story line than UF stomping a mudhole in Urban's a$$ and sending him into his second medical retirement!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I would love! What better story line than UF stomping a mudhole in Urban's a$$ and sending him into his second medical retirement!

We wont be playing OSU as they will be locked into the Rose Bowl if they don't work their way into the playoff. I think the only thing that could alter that is if Northwestern actually won the Big 10 Championship then they would get the Rose Bowl berth.

SaltyGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
We wont be playing OSU as they will be locked into the Rose Bowl if they don't work their way into the playoff. I think the only thing that could alter that is if Northwestern actually won the Big 10 Championship then they would get the Rose Bowl berth.
I am now a Northwestern fan, lets go wildcats!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hahaha, did you see Urban constantly grabbing his crotch during the 4th quarter and overtime. For some reason every time they put the camera on him he had to "readjust".
One of his interns was nearby in most shots.

Maybe she helped him w stress at halftime.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
A matchup nightmare for our secondary. I wanna get Iowa or Wisconsin or some scrubs from the big10 in the citrus bowl.

Not at all because it would mean we beat FSU. I am sure any of the Florida hosted New Years bowls would kill to make that game happen and I admittedly would much prefer if we didn't have to play them especially from a recruiting standpoint because they are a bad match-up for us. That said, however, if playing UCF is the consequence for beating FSU, then I am fine with that so bring 'em on because at this point all I want is to totally kick FSU's butt!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

I really like Dan. For the first time in a long time (maybe since Spurrier) I like a coach*. Really hope he gets it together.He's obviously not feeling well this week.

Meyer was not a personable dude. I met him at a function and I felt the aura of evil.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really like Dan. For the first time in a long time (maybe since Spurrier) I like a coach*. Really hope he gets it together.He's obviously not feeling well this week.

Meyer was not a personable dude. I met him at a function and I felt the aura of evil.
Describe the aura of evil.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I did not want to play a FL team in a Bowl but a UCF VS UF might just pack the stadium.

I would like to spank them and shut this NC talk once and for all

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.