AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But of course the bigger issue is Richardson is having accuracy problems.
:shocked:
The guy could have been a great and memorable CFB quarterback staying here another year, but I'm afraid he's going to be one of those names like Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell that everyone remembers for just how much of an NFL bust they were. I'd probably take the money though if I were in his same shoes though.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him the best and hope he is successful. But he's gotta a helluva battle going up against Uncle Rico. Err'body knows that Uncle Rico can throw that pigskin clear over that mountain.

1688083511272.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even Patrick Mahomes sat almost his entire rookie year - it benefitted him greatly. If the Colts had any brains, he'd play sparingly, if at all, his first year.

Unfortunately for him, the Colts do not have brains.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No way AR starts over Minshew. AR is just to inaccurate, NFL DBs will have a field day against AR.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even Patrick Mahomes sat almost his entire rookie year - it benefitted him greatly. If the Colts had any brains, he'd play sparingly, if at all, his first year.

Unfortunately for him, the Colts do not have brains.

Yeah – but I think the problem is that he’s had almost no playing time in his high school and collegiate career. If they don’t get him in there and get him reps, he’ll be even further behind.

It was a risky draft pick. They’re just gonna have to roll with him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everytime an AR conversation comes up, all i can think about is Vince Young and the hype around him........ but then, Vince did win some games and awards.... AR has won nothing...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Don't really think his success or failure will mean much to the program at the end of the day--he had one full season as the starter and it was a mixed one at that. We can't really take much credit if he develops into a good/great NFL QB--since for damn sure Mullen didn't do chit to develop him in 2 years...and while both AR and Napier tried last season, ultimately, there were more inconsistent performances than truly great ones (and while I could point fingers for that, safe to say, there's plenty to go around, so can't single any one party).

Don't wish AR any ill-will and he has my best wishes; but can't say I'll be too invested in following his journey either. I don't blame him for making the jump to the NFL when first-round money was on the table and especially given his injury history; but do think it would have benefited everyone for him to have stayed another year.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For every good pass AR made, there was two bad ones as well. And he struggled the most with short / intermediate routes. I just don’t see how that will translate to success in the NFL. Not to mention his questionable leadership when faced with any adversity.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AR will be a first ballot Hall-of-Fame inductee and will be considered one of the best to play the game.

All because dipshyt Mullen sat him behind Emory Jones. That’s his legacy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah – but I think the problem is that he’s had almost no playing time in his high school and collegiate career. If they don’t get him in there and get him reps, he’ll be even further behind.

It was a risky draft pick. They’re just gonna have to roll with him.
So they can completely destroy his confidence for the remainder of his career? He may never recover if they throw him to the wolves right away. He looked like a deer in the headlights against Vandy, what are NFL defenders going to do to him?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So they can completely destroy his confidence for the remainder of his career? He may never recover if they throw him to the wolves right away. He looked like a deer in the headlights against Vandy, what are NFL defenders going to do to him?

Yeah. That’s why he shouldn’t have been the 4th pick.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I'm pulling for AR because it makes Florida and CBN look good and recruiting top tier QBs easier.
I wish the kid well, but not sure of the rationale here. How does it make us look good? We had a 6-7 season with a first round top QB pick. If he shines in the NFL won't that make that season look even worse?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wish the kid well, but not sure of the rationale here. How does it make us look good? We had a 6-7 season with a first round top QB pick. If he shines in the NFL won't that make that season look even worse?

There’s certainly an argument there. If he ends up being a star years down the road, I think it’s irrelevant. But if he were to look great day one(which was always doubtful to put it lightly), it would be used against us. For that matter, I’ve heard people throw it out already, even on here. I’m quite confident that while he could be great down the road, we’re safe from having a scenario that makes us look bad these next few years.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

That's just unbelievable.
He's done absolutely nothing, high school or college.
They're paying this kind of money for..... "Potential".

In addition, Now he has over 21,000,000 dollars , in his pocket.
We all witnessed his gamesmanship, willingness to learn, willingness to compete and fragile body for just one full season.
Where is the incentive?

That's your leader???

Wow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

We all witnessed his gamesmanship, willingness to learn, willingness to compete and fragile body for just one full season.
Where is the incentive?

That's your leader???

Wow.
Should he have asked to take less because of his inexperience? Not sure what your argument is here. Can't blame anyone for getting every penny they can.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Where is the incentive?

That's your leader???

Wow.
I'm not blaming AR because the owner is a complete idiot. If he has no problem lighting his cash on fire then why should I care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.