AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Should he have asked to take less because of his inexperience? Not sure what your argument is here. Can't blame anyone for getting every penny they can.
Hell, I'm not blaming him.
If the Colts and the NFL in general are that damned stupid, then go for it.
The entire NFL and all their talent scouts and evaluators saw exactly what we did last year.
Jus because a guy can run fast and jump high, doesn't mean he's worth 33 mil guaranteed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I'm not blaming him.
If the Colts and the NFL in general are that damned stupid, then go for it.
The entire NFL and all their talent scouts and evaluators saw exactly what we did last year.
Jus because a guy can run fast and jump high, doesn't mean he's worth 33 mil guaranteed.
Almost no one in pro sports is worth their contracts.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
So was his Dad.
I'm thinking maybe I'm a little misinformed on just how much these NFL franchises are worth these days.
I could care less, and wouldn't waste my time to find out, but, If these franchises are now worth 5 to 7 BILLION dollars then a contract like AR just got is, a virtual drop in the bucket.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Almost no one in pro sports is worth their contracts.

Pro sports? Plenty of dudes in college sports aren't worth their contracts either.

iu

iu

iu

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pro sports? Plenty of dudes in college sports aren't worth their contracts either.

iu

iu

iu

Alex.
God damn I have never seen 3 pictures do more to sum up the careers of these losers. They just kept getting progressively worse as coaches too :headslap:

:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
God damn I have never seen 3 pictures do more to sum up the careers of these losers. They just kept getting progressively worse as coaches too :headslap:

:lol:
and yet at least 2 of them were the numero uno pick from our illustrious AD and AD emeritus, and at least 2 were the only guys the AD ever spoke to.

:facepalm:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

iu

iu

iu

Alex.
Ok, No more pics of these damned losers. My God, Thats just awful.
Especially, as we soak in the optimism of a new year on the horizon.
Damn, What an awful post.
:ban:
:rolleyes2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Should he have asked to take less because of his inexperience? Not sure what your argument is here. Can't blame anyone for getting every penny they can.

I would have. I think a 45k base with incentives to get up to 70k and an annual increase of 10% (20% if he reaches and wins the Super Bowl) is more than fair.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
and yet at least 2 of them were the numero uno pick from our illustrious AD and AD emeritus, and at least 2 were the only guys the AD ever spoke to.

:facepalm:
But it takes 3 strikes to strikeout so perhaps Fooley has one more pitch..........................................oh wait lest we forget.

1690237694182.png

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad AR got his money. I suspect he does NOT bust but instead just waivers out of the NFL with a woulda/coulda/shoulda career. The guy is Mr Glass. Bet he's on injury reserve halfway through the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.