Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I want to congratulate you on your efforts to bring “splendid” back into the common vernacular.

Honestly, that’s the easy part. It’ll be properly instructing the motherless children, and flying by means of an umbrella—like the last person who used the word splendid—that could present his biggest challenge.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, that’s the easy part. It’ll be properly instructing the motherless children, and flying by means of an umbrella—like the last person who used the word splendid—that could present his biggest challenge.
I recently flew with a guy who said the word "delightful" about once every 4 minutes. By the end of day 3 I wanted to cut his tongue out with a hedge trimmer.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MLB needs to change something to penalize weak division winners. Twins would have MISSED THE PLAYOFFS if they weren't in the AL central. They don't deserve a playoff berth

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
MLB needs to change something to penalize weak division winners. Twins would have MISSED THE PLAYOFFS if they weren't in the AL central. They don't deserve a playoff berth

Good luck with that…Manfred sucks…..I do think you owe us Braves fans an apology though for crapping on our division…we got 3 teams in sucka

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Good luck with that…Manfred sucks…..I do think you owe us Braves fans an apology though for crapping on our division…we got 3 teams in sucka
Not really anything to be proud of. Only two of them make the playoffs in the AL. Marlins would be 4th in AL east and would miss the playoffs. The NL East has one great team, one good team, one mediocre team who overachieved and two awful teams

Now it's not near as bad as rhe AL central. The twins suck and they would suck more if they weren't graunteed 13 games with 4 losing teams.

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Not really anything to be proud of. Only two of them make the playoffs in the AL. Marlins would be 4th in AL east and would miss the playoffs. The NL East has one great team, one good team, one mediocre team who overachieved and two awful teams

Now it's not near as bad as rhe AL central. The twins suck and they would suck more if they weren't graunteed 13 games with 4 losing teams.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s fair to penalize the Twins for something they can’t control…it’s not their fault that the other teams suck…college football maybe I can see your gripe more because you get the advantage of preseason rankings and a soft schedule plus only 12/13 games….but in baseball with such a large sample size, 85 wins or whatever they got is pretty solid….if you want to gripe, gripe against the expanded playoffs because that’s when you start dealing with teams who shouldn’t be there but if they get hot can knockout an ATL or LA or TB

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s fair to penalize the Twins for something they can’t control…it’s not their fault that the other teams suck…college football maybe I can see your gripe more because you get the advantage of preseason rankings and a soft schedule plus only 12/13 games….but in baseball with such a large sample size, 85 wins or whatever they got is pretty solid….if you want to gripe, gripe against the expanded playoffs because that’s when you start dealing with teams who shouldn’t be there but if they get hot can knockout an ATL or LA or TB
Yes they can't control it. They can control how go they are though. To have 87 wins in a division like that means you aren't very good

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yes they can't control it. They can control how go they are though. To have 87 wins in a division like that means you aren't very good

Yeah I agree but I keep thinking back to last year when the Phillies got in as the last team and almost won the whole thing

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
What a costly loss for the Rangers/big win for the Astros in game 162. Rangers go from a first round bye and home field advantage in the division series to double elimination on the road to get to the division series.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
What a costly loss for the Rangers/big win for the Astros in game 162. Rangers go from a first round bye and home field advantage in the division series to double elimination on the road to get to the division series.
As a lifelong Rangers fan - I expected nothing less. Just like our one trip to the world series...one out away in game 6 and lost the whole thing.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Bye bye rays. Stupid pieces of ****. Same thing every year. Built for regular season success. Congrats rangers

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Bye bye rays. Stupid pieces of ****. Same thing every year. Built for regular season success. Congrats rangers
It is a best of three - and the Rays can't field that poorly next game - and the Rangers' bullpen is garbage - so there is no reason to count this series over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.