Are we still entertaining the fantasy that Treon Harris will start this week?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now. Even without his legal troubles, Harris wasn't going to start against LSU. He may have come in for a few plays, but that was it. In Muschamp's eyes, Driskel played a fantastic game Saturday night, solidifying his hold on the starting job. Will he throw Harris a bone with a play or two going forward? Maybe. But we need to squash this hope that someone other than Jeff Driskel is going to be the starting QB any time soon.

Discuss.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's the apocalypse.

I honestly think we could put Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in at QB and it wouldn't matter.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well it might be a fantasy, and he might not start, but if things are not going well we will see him sooner rather than later. Even Champ can't be that stupid.

Now I wonder what dope called that throw over the middle that sealed our fate. I also wonder why our LB on the left side continued to go inside instead of waiting and having a chance to stop LSU running the same play continually.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78219 said:
But we need to squash this hope that someone other than Jeff Driskel is going to be the starting QB any time soon.
It's probably for the better. Treon would give us a much better chance of winning, and we could potentially end up with Dawgcrap for longer. Lose the battle, win the war.

I'm numb to losing now anyway. Dawgcrap might as well keep Driskelin to the unemployment line.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be an incredibly stupid move to start Driskel over Harris, but I agree that it is likely that Driskel will start.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n78232 said:
Well it might be a fantasy, and he might not start, but if things are not going well we will see him sooner rather than later. Even Champ can't be that stupid.

Now I wonder what dope called that throw over the middle that sealed our fate. I also wonder why our LB on the left side continued to go inside instead of waiting and having a chance to stop LSU running the same play continually.

Our defense is horrible, if Tennesse wasn't so bad we would be on a 3 game losing streak.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n78231 said:
It's the apocalypse.

I honestly think we could put Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in at QB and it wouldn't matter.
You seem to have changed your tune from earlier in the season.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78219 said:
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now. Even without his legal troubles, Harris wasn't going to start against LSU. He may have come in for a few plays, but that was it. In Muschamp's eyes, Driskel played a fantastic game Saturday night, solidifying his hold on the starting job. Will he throw Harris a bone with a play or two going forward? Maybe. But we need to squash this hope that someone other than Jeff Driskel is going to be the starting QB any time soon.

Discuss.

Based on what? Why do you think Treon wouldn't have started?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to take the risk here and say I think he is going to start Treon. They had Treon watching the game from the press box as a learning experience and I'm wondering if part of that was to gain a different perspective for him to start next week. I actually think Treon was going to start in the LSU game because I think that as much as Will likes Driskel... I think he is frustrated with the quality of play and most importantly the poor decisions.

I think the biggest thing here will be Driskel's poor decision on the last pass and a bad throw for the other INT. He also missed Robinson open earlier in the game before hitting him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78278 said:
I'm going to take the risk here and say I think he is going to start Treon. They had Treon watching the game from the press box as a learning experience and I'm wondering if part of that was to gain a different perspective for him to start next week. I actually think Treon was going to start in the LSU game because I think that as much as Will likes Driskel... I think he is frustrated with the quality of play and most importantly the poor decisions.

I think the biggest thing here will be Driskel's poor decision on the last pass and a bad throw for the other INT. He also missed Robinson open earlier in the game before hitting him.
I really like you, man. I wish I still thought the way you did. However, you'll get there, and we'll all be here for support.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Detachment abounds in the Gator Nation...

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Thanks ATX and Ox. Now I have an interest in a coaching decision WM makes on Saturday. Friendly wager, guys? Give us a reason to tune in to the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator