Are we still entertaining the fantasy that Treon Harris will start this week?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n78279 said:
Jeff Driskel gives us the best chance to get a new head coach.

As they say you dance with the one who brought you, Muschamp and Driskel can dance their way right out of town together. I don't want anyone cutting in and giving that fool another year at the helm of the Titanic. Even if Harris comes in and saves the day, Muschamp will F him up by the time next season starts and we'll be dealing with the same crap again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78286 said:
I really like you, man. I wish I still thought the way you did. However, you'll get there, and we'll all be here for support.

It's more about mental health. If I allow myself to think Driskel is going to start... I'll be pissed off all week. If I choose to believe that Muschamp will start Treon... I have hope.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78259 said:
You seem to have changed your tune from earlier in the season.

I certainly don't agree with all the vitriol aimed at Driskel. In my opinion, he's just a college kid that should have been benched a long time ago. He doesn't have the "it" factor to be a leader and QB at a school like UF, but the coaches need to recognize that and not let him hurt the team anymore.

I think the people who use "Fooley" and "Dawgcramp" are intellectually on the level of a bag of rocks. It wasn't clever or funny the first time, just makes people look dumb.

But yes, it's time to move on from both of these guys. We find ways to lose and even when we win, it's not fun to watch. You won't find me throwing insults, but we need a change now

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78338 said:
It's more about mental health. If I allow myself to think Driskel is going to start... I'll be pissed off all week. If I choose to believe that Muschamp will start Treon... I have hope.
That's cool. The GCMB is all about therapy. It's one big group therapy session here. What some people don't understand is that if there were no fan message boards, the violent crime rate in this country would go through the roof. Hell, if you really think about it I'm practically a doctor!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is the Muschamp era where guys block each other, do stupid things, play under their talent level, and set records by losing to Georgia Southern. Assuming Muschamp is going to make the obvious choice and start Treon isn't reality. In the Muschamp era, anything negative that can happen will happen.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78350 said:
That's cool. The GCMB is all about therapy. It's one big group therapy session here. What some people don't understand is that if there were no fan message boards, the violent crime rate in this country would go through the roof. Hell, if you really think about it I'm practically a doctor!

Your new av

Lucy-van-pelt-1-.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;78242 said:
It's probably for the better. Treon would give us a much better chance of winning, and we could potentially end up with Dawgcrap for longer. Lose the battle, win the war. I'm numb to losing now anyway. Dawgcrap might as well keep Driskelin to the unemployment line.
+1

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n78350 said:

I certainly enjoy getting to vent on this board.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes...right now the only entertaining thing about Florida football is the fantasy that Treon might start. :rimshot:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he'll start, but I do he'll get snaps that may eventually turn into him being in full time depending on how things go.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78278 said:
I'm going to take the risk here and say I think he is going to start Treon. They had Treon watching the game from the press box as a learning experience and I'm wondering if part of that was to gain a different perspective for him to start next week. I actually think Treon was going to start in the LSU game because I think that as much as Will likes Driskel... I think he is frustrated with the quality of play and most importantly the poor decisions.

I think the biggest thing here will be Driskel's poor decision on the last pass and a bad throw for the other INT. He also missed Robinson open earlier in the game before hitting him.

They can put be in the crazy camp too. I don't think that Harris will necessarily start because Driskel most likely played just well enough to keep that spot. But Harris will see significant playing time because Driskel will turn the ball over. I was previously in the camp with Ox and guys before the Tennessee game that said we would never see Harris but we were wrong. Roper brought Harris in for the Tenn game and the precedent is set.

The sad thing is I agree that Driskel would give us the best chance at a change in leadership.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n78414 said:
They can put be in the crazy camp too. I don't think that Harris will necessarily start because Driskel most likely played just well enough to keep that spot. But Harris will see significant playing time because Driskel will turn the ball over. I was previously in the camp with Ox and guys before the Tennessee game that said we would never see Harris but we were wrong. Roper brought Harris in for the Tenn game and the precedent is set.

The sad thing is I agree that Driskel would give us the best chance at a change in leadership.

The difference here is that I would prefer Muschamp put in Harris and win the East and set us up to really be good going forward. I don't believe it will happen, but I would prefer to see Muschamp succeed instead of have to go through a coaching change. I have no idea who we would get (there has been a ton of discussion in other threads).

I didn't think Muschamp would pull Driskel in the UT game, but since he did do that, I do think he will start Treon. Driskel did not play great in the game against LSU. He missed open receivers, fumbled the ball and threw 2 INTs. Overall the offense was 2 for 12 on third down conversions... a change needs to be made and I think even Muschamp recognizes that. I think that is part of the reason they had Treon watch the game with Roper vs. watch from the sideline.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This article showing the errors on Driskel's second INT show why I think he doesn't start. There is no reason a 4th year JR should be making these mistakes... even in a new offense. If you watch the video it looks like this was Driskel's first read which makes no sense at all given the situation. As the article states... DRob had 1 on 1 coverage and soft coverage at that.. he was wide open.. Driskel through this ball so fast and there was no reason. The blitz was picked up by Powell and he had time.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/flo...pon-review-uf/

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78426 said:
The difference here is that I would prefer Muschamp put in Harris and win the East and set us up to really be good going forward. I don't believe it will happen, but I would prefer to see Muschamp succeed instead of have to go through a coaching change. I have no idea who we would get (there has been a ton of discussion in other threads).

I didn't think Muschamp would pull Driskel in the UT game, but since he did do that, I do think he will start Treon. Driskel did not play great in the game against LSU. He missed open receivers, fumbled the ball and threw 2 INTs. Overall the offense was 2 for 12 on third down conversions... a change needs to be made and I think even Muschamp recognizes that. I think that is part of the reason they had Treon watch the game with Roper vs. watch from the sideline.

I would like Harris to start getting the experience and confidence as well. However, if Mushcamp wins the east this year which as bad as we are is still a possibility, he will be around for a while. I think at best case scenario Muschamp is a Mark Richt. Every few years he might back into a championship when the other teams implode. He will never win the big one. He loses to his rivals on a consistent enough basis to question if he is getting paid by them. But he does just enough to keep his job. That is best case scenario. Right now Richt is Muschamp's daddy.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n78290 said:
I really feel for these kids. They were duped into coming into Gainesville with dreams of making it to the NFL. In KT's mind he was going to go down the throat's of our opponents scoring TD's that would end up on ESPN. But he ends up on the bench after only a few carries wasting away. Our receiver's have the same dream, of the game-clinching amazing one handed touch down that end up on ESPN. Instead they are shocked when an accurate throw comes their way and end up dropping them. Even JD. Coming out of HS the #1 prospect had dreams of him running all over people and developing his throwing so he becomes a dual threat that ends up going to the NFL in the 1st round. Instead no development, 3 OCs (4-if you count Dawgcrap who has been calling the offense anyway). His dreams crushed. His confidence shattered. Gainesville is where good talent goes to die.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. It appears that at just about every position there is a total lack of measurable progress dating back to Meyer's last year. Despite this though, I have always been optimistic at the beginning of every season because I (wrongly) believed that THIS is the year they finally figure it out and find the right formula. With this new OC I thought that Driskell would finally be in a system that would fit him and that we would by opening it up and using plays and a hurry up that would keep the defense on it's heels. Instead we have gotten the same old predictable and unimaginative crap that dates back to "DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!". We've had three top 5 HS QB's come to Gainesville only to fail miserably. No one has been developed at all. Our linebackers are non-existent, we have no pass rush, Driskel is still making terrible decisions, our receivers still drop balls, DB's still give up huge plays, and even when we win fans are left leaving the stadium shaking their heads knowing that this crap is never going to get us to the promised land.

Our next coach has GOT to be a home run or else we will have to resign ourselves to 4 or 5 more years of being irrelevant.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n78564 said:
Sadly, I have to agree with you. It appears that at just about every position there is a total lack of measurable progress dating back to Meyer's last year. Despite this though, I have always been optimistic at the beginning of every season because I (wrongly) believed that THIS is the year they finally figure it out and find the right formula. With this new OC I thought that Driskell would finally be in a system that would fit him and that we would by opening it up and using plays and a hurry up that would keep the defense on it's heels. Instead we have gotten the same old predictable and unimaginative crap that dates back to "DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!". We've had three top 5 HS QB's come to Gainesville only to fail miserably. No one has been developed at all. Our linebackers are non-existent, we have no pass rush, Driskel is still making terrible decisions, our receivers still drop balls, DB's still give up huge plays, and even when we win fans are left leaving the stadium shaking their heads knowing that this crap is never going to get us to the promised land.

Our next coach has GOT to be a home run or else we will have to resign ourselves to 4 or 5 more years of being irrelevant.
This is the first time in GCMB history that Law and Swamp Queen "liked" the same post. :lol:

I nearly fainted dead away. :faint:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n78564 said:

This is where the problem is, finding that home run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.