Article That Already Has Pumpers Screaming

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/...dit-card-fraud-responsible-for-struggles.html

I know, we've all heard that all of our problems this year are injury and suspension related and that if, and only if, LDR and the suspended players were playing we'd be a top-25 offense and playoff contender. People don't like hearing this, but Callaway had 63 or less yards in 8 of his 11 games last year. Toney and Cleveland when healthy did replace that production. Yes, I would like to have them all on the field, but it is like Nuss is going to scheme a way for them to get the ball even if they were.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Yup, then throw in the old Nuss article and put a bow on it.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Only a fool would think that McElwain has the ability or commitment to make the Gators relevant again whether he stays here another year or another 10 years. His reluctance to make personnel changes in areas that are clearly deficient (i.e., offense and special teams) is prime example of his incompetence or stupidity. He seems more interested in taking care of his friends than in correcting the problems.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Only a fool would think that McElwain has the ability or commitment to make the Gators relevant again whether he stays here another year or another 10 years. His reluctance to make personnel changes in areas that are clearly deficient (i.e., offense and special teams) is prime example of his incompetence or stupidity. He seems more interested in taking care of his friends than in correcting the problems.

Absolutely Chomper and made worse by the fact that Offense is Mac's bailiwick.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with everything that Harris was serviceable in 2014, only if serviceable means a below 50% passer who showed us the same things he showed in 2015.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
All you need in college ball is one big play at the correct time (for most games). LSU got one in each of the last two games which could have been called either way. Last game against Auburn could have been called back with blatant push in the back and the in our game could have been called an interception instead of a completion. Aggies needed one long Kirk run to setup the game winning FG. Alabama is the only team that uses stud RBs to rape opposing teams into submission. Rest of the teams need one big play or lucky break.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The injuries and suspensions hurt for sure BUT we still have a garbage product on the field even though we could have won the past 2 games. Its the same old nonsense on the field with crap coaching.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All you need in college ball is one big play at the correct time (for most games). LSU got one in each of the last two games which could have been called either way. Last game against Auburn could have been called back with blatant push in the back and the in our game could have been called an interception instead of a completion. Aggies needed one long Kirk run to setup the game winning FG. Alabama is the only team that uses stud RBs to rape opposing teams into submission. Rest of the teams need one big play or lucky break.

Good teams don't let inferior opponents only be one play away. Equal to better opponents yes, but inferior opponents no.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yup, then throw in the old Nuss article and put a bow on it.

Add in Nord and incompetent ST's play and it's the final nail in the coffin.

Again, McElwain should have let both Nord and Nussmeir go last off-season. Instead, he gave both a contract extension and pay raise.

Seriously, WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Good teams don't let inferior opponents only be one play away. Equal to better opponents yes, but inferior opponents no.
It's one thing to be in a close game with a fired up inferior opponent sometimes.....it's another to be locked into single a score contest every week even at home with what should be inferior opponents....And yet, Butters seems to put us there often.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's one thing to be in a close game with a fired up inferior opponent sometimes.....it's another to be locked into single a score contest every week even at home with what should be inferior opponents....And yet, Butters seems to put us there often.....

You are referring to the exception and not the rule, and usually when the emotions run out on a fired up inferior opponent talent takes over. If you weather the storm in the first quarter, usually you should take over.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The credit card fraud story will be Striclklin's explanation to allow MacElwain another year after this one. Stricklin coming in from Starkville is not going to have the guts to fire a Jeremy Foley hire and then take a chance on making another bad pick himself.

All Stricklin needs is an excuse to maintain the status quo. So the explanation will be the back to back SEC East titles and the credit card fraud suspensions. In the meantime UF will roll along collecting volleyball trophies. Stricklin will be praised for his social media savvy on Twitter and his upgrade of some facilities.

Georgia will be the new beast of the East. Kirby and Nick will be the new Pancho and Cisco Kid. Butch Jones will be gone at Tennessee. Muschamp will get South Carolina rolling. But hey, there's always fun in the basement with Kentucky, the Dores, and Zou.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
The credit card fraud story will be Striclklin's explanation to allow MacElwain another year after this one. Stricklin coming in from Starkville is not going to have the guts to fire a Jeremy Foley hire and then take a chance on making another bad pick himself.

All Stricklin needs is an excuse to maintain the status quo. So the explanation will be the back to back SEC East titles and the credit card fraud suspensions. In the meantime UF will roll along collecting volleyball trophies. Stricklin will be praised for his social media savvy on Twitter and his upgrade of some facilities.

Georgia will be the new beast of the East. Kirby and Nick will be the new Pancho and Cisco Kid. Butch Jones will be gone at Tennessee. Muschamp will get South Carolina rolling. But hey, there's always fun in the basement with Kentucky, the Dores, and Zou.

Or we can hope the AD uses the credit card story to dump him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/...dit-card-fraud-responsible-for-struggles.html

I know, we've all heard that all of our problems this year are injury and suspension related and that if, and only if, LDR and the suspended players were playing we'd be a top-25 offense and playoff contender. People don't like hearing this, but Callaway had 63 or less yards in 8 of his 11 games last year. Toney and Cleveland when healthy did replace that production. Yes, I would like to have them all on the field, but it is like Nuss is going to scheme a way for them to get the ball even if they were.

The responses to this on swamp gas are as expected....however, there are a few that have the balls to call it like it is.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Cards on the table I think IF Mac dumps Nuss and Nord at the end of the year (more on that in a sec), I'd give him a Year 4:
  1. Do it at the end of the season (even bowl game) to secure the Early Enrollees.
  2. This class is something good, worth a Year for contingent on NO NUSS.
  3. Any coordinator with a pulse could probably do serious damage with at least 3/5 of the O-Line returning, Davis/Perine returning, Toney, Massey, Cleveland, Robinson (if healthy), Copeland, and others.
  4. Not convinced we'd get a great coach firing Mac after 2 East title crowns. I've said many times, with how bad the SEC East has been, Champ would have won the East those years (He faced better UGA, Mizzou and USCe teams).
  5. I think Brohm will still be available. (I like Frost, but until he doesn't end up in Lincoln at the end of the year I'm assuming that's where he ends up).
  6. Mac has done a lot of great off the field things for the program, granted the on the field has been lacking.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
No matter what you think of NordNuss, the blame goes to the man at the top. You don't blame your subordinates, you fix the problem. If you don't, you are the problem.
Of interest I was talking to a retired GPD guy after the game, he said they rarely had problems with the payers during his time, and if they saw a rash of it, it was always due to a lax coach. YMMV.

Go Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.