Assistant Coaches - Who should we keep?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Scorched earth policy applies. But most importantly, when they are all gone, FUMIGATE.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well for the rest of the season you have to keep Nuss. I mean you literally HAVE TO KEEP Nuss. You fired the HC instead of the architect of the problem. SMH

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Not many position groups were worth their weight in salt.

With that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a total housecleaning.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Seider, Skipper, Davis, and Bell Would be the only ones to keep.

Isn’t that almost half of them? Fcvk that, dump most of them. Seider’s got a good rep and people say Skipper was our best recruiter prior to this past year but let’s be honest, that was a pretty low bar.

Ultimately let the new coach decide but if he keeps half of the current staff, I’d find it puzzling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A new broom sweeps clean. Given the current state of the program, I don't see how any of them warrant retention.
You think the new staff should walk into an empty building? Think that makes for a quick and efficient transition?

Only a dunce fires everyone. I've never even heard of a coach not keeping 1-2 from the last staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seider, obvious, but he IS an elite coach and will get snapped up regardless.

Maybe Davis, maybe. If the next coach didn't already have an elite OL.

Rumph- just can't see it. He is supposed to be elite, but the DTs are soft as pudding, the whole damn DL is 30 pounds too light. I just can't see it.

The rest, LULZ. I guess a case could be made for Skipper if there was a whole in the incoming staff he fit. I don't see anything impressive out of LB play and LB recruiting is straight crap.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well for the rest of the season you have to keep Nuss. I mean you literally HAVE TO KEEP Nuss. You fired the HC instead of the architect of the problem. SMH

Well the HC chose not to hire a new offensive architect during the past 2 offseasons so he had to go, plain & simple.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on who gets hired as HC i.e. if Frost, his crew have Florida contacts; however, UF may have the payroll numbers for getting better assisstants than the new HC has at his now school.??

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Have you seen our receiver route trees? They suck! Hell, even Gary Danielson brought it up during the game yesterday. Send Dixon packing ASAP!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why anyone thinks Dixon is competent.

Our receivers are azz.

He is a RB coach from FIU.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Depends on who gets hired as HC i.e. if Frost, his crew have Florida contacts; however, UF may have the payroll numbers for getting better assisstants than the new HC has at his now school.??

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: Good one Rog! Did you forget El Cheapo Foley’s still in da houz?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is a good point. If Fooley were still here, we would fire the assistants but wouldn't be able to hire the replacements until the previous contracts ran out, after spring practice at the earliest.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nord should be gone immediately. He is worse than terrible.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Part of me says keep a few, but we didn’t completely fumigate last time so I think we need to this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.