Assistant Coaches - Who should we keep?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does and body here believe that Frost and his staff wouldn’t wipe the floor with us this year??? This is embarrassing as hell and can’t believe I’m saying it, but maybe we should just trade staffs with........ UCF. Who would’ve ever believed that would be a trade “up”?!?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seider and possibly Skip. The rest have little to no value, and i'm leaning toward no regarding Skipper. He is apparently a good recruiter, but we only have 1 LB commit at an obvious position of need. I'm all for flushing every member minus JS. Mike Peterson is coaching the backers at South Carolina. It would be wise for our next HBC to bring him home as LB coach.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seider. He's a dog on the trail. His mentality and tenacity in going after recruits are the entire reason the 18 and 19 classes look so good right now. After that maybe Skipper, but send him back to the running backs. The lbs took a major step back when Shannon stepped up to the DC role.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
bomba-1-e1430220779528.jpg

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap, I can’t believe how many of you are taking the “let the new guy decide” layup. You guys have opinions about everything! Oh, let me guess... this is the one topic that you think you DON’T have any control over??? You guys suck.

As for the nuss and nord jokes, I saw those coming a mile away (but at least you made a contribution to the topic).

:lol:

Right. Trust the coach. How long does that last normally?

:lol:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Having said that, I would, obviously, leave it up to the new guy. There are some that I'd be okay with him keeping and some that would immediately erode confidence.

Nussmeier (OC) - Gotta go
Nord (TE / ST) - Gotta go, I wouldn't care if he was gone yesterday

I don't care about any of these. If Scott Fro... er, I mean the new guy finds them valuable, fine. I like what I've seen from some of these guys, either their personalities, values or demonstrated recruiting ability. Still if the new guy doesn't want them, then thank you for your service, enjoy your money and see ya around.
Davis (OL)
Dixon (WR)
Seider (RB)
Shannon (DC)
Rumph (new DC)
Bell (DB)
Akey (new DL)
Skipper (LB's)
Kent (strength)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Unless he screws up bad or finds a HC gig he prefers, I expect there to be a lot of pressure on the new coach (Frost) to keep Shannon as at least co-DC.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We definitely don’t need to retain Kent, got to be the worst strength coach we’ve ever had. I hope the new coach can bring back a toughness to this whole team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator