At what point this season will we know if Muschamp will be back for 2015?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I think if we win our first 3 in a boring low scoring fashion then lose to bama and lsu badly he'll be gone. What I think is bull **** is how some people feel he should keep his job if we're competitive. I think he should be held to the same standard as Meyer and spurrier. Piss on hoping it doesn't get ugly against bama. This is how far we've fallen since he got hired.
Meyer elavated our program. Muschamp is the one who failed to sign enough offensive lineman his first two years. Meyer left plenty of nfl talent for him to work with. This ball control offense has ran our program into the dirt and Meyer had nothing to do with it. I'll give Meyer a pass for losing to saban like that Atleast we won the east. There are no excuses for going 4~8and losing tonight Georgia southern.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n9880 said:
Teams not being prepared for the Jumbo package. In 2013 when we tried it they seemed to be ready for it unlike 2012.

There really wasn't much to prepare for. Just treat it like a goalline situation with a running QB. At first they seemed to think we were baiting them into a 9 in the box scenario and expected us to throw the ball. Once they realized we were never going to throw, they stopped it easily. It was really just the LSU and aTm game in 12 that it worked. By November everyone was comfortable that we had zero passing ability.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n9846 said:
Correct. And luck is what led us to an 11 win 2012 instead of a 7/8 win.

This is true. Chimp is a 6 or 7 win coach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n9941 said:
There really wasn't much to prepare for. Just treat it like a goalline situation with a running QB. At first they seemed to think we were baiting them into a 9 in the box scenario and expected us to throw the ball. Once they realized we were never going to throw, they stopped it easily. It was really just the LSU and aTm game in 12 that it worked. By November everyone was comfortable that we had zero passing ability.

We blew open the FSU game with it also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really? My recollection is that we came out throwing against Clowntech. Imo that first quarter vs Clowntown was Driskel's best. (If we could have that Driskel more than 1 or 2 quarters a season, we'd have a great offense.)

Maybe you mean in the 4th quarter after they came back. I'm having trouble remembering the end of that game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n9966 said:
Really? My recollection is that we came out throwing against Clowntech. Imo that first quarter vs Clowntown was Driskel's best. (If we could have that Driskel more than 1 or 2 quarters a season, we'd have a great offense.)

Maybe you mean in the 4th quarter after they came back. I'm having trouble remembering the end of that game.

I will have to watch the replay but I think we were actually trailing FSU if I remember correctly when the Jumbo package stuff busted the game open. We did open up passing more than normal.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n9972 said:
I will have to watch the replay but I think we were actually trailing FSU if I remember correctly when the Jumbo package stuff busted the game open. We did open up passing more than normal.

Law is right. We opened up that game with the best balanced play calling I've seen in years around here. Later after the big hit by Morrison, we went big and pounded them to death to finish.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n9979 said:
Law is right. We opened up that game with the best balanced play calling I've seen in years around here. Later after the big hit by Morrison, we went big and pounded them to death to finish.

Yep Morrison changed the attitude of the teams with that hit.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
I'll go ahead and make the prediction. Champ will stay. He will have a good season.. maybe 9-3 and the team will show much improvement over last year (especially the offense).
If we get a 10 point lead it is an improvement over the last two years. I'd really like us to win the first game by 21 points and put some fear back in opponents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator