Founding Member
article-1324521-0BCE222F000005DC-93_468x506.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wilt Chamberlain died at just over 63 years old. If we assume he was sexually active for 50 of those years, there are 18,250 days in 50 years (plus some leap days). That means he would have had to average a little more than one different woman per day for 50 straight years. Now granted, he could have had some orgies thrown in there, but 20K is impossible. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
3 ... 2 ... 1 until someone posts "but I'd have died trying." :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hang on, though. I just realized he made the 20K claim in a 1991 book. So that gives him a window of about 40-42 years to hit 20K. 42 years = ~15,330 days, 40 years = ~14,600 days. We'll round it to 15K days. So he had 1 1/3 new women every day for 15K days. :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm aware of his reputation. But what's too many?

Too much fun, what's that mean?
It's like too much money, there's no such thing
It's like a girl too pretty with too much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done
... I ain't never had too much fun

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Triple Double" is a made up statistic that Pat Riley came up with when Magic was playing. Westbrook is good, even great, but there isn't a coach in the history of the league who would take it over Wilt's 50.4 points and 22.9 rebounds per game in 61-62, Bill Russell's 11 championships, Jabbar's sky-hook, Jordan's refusal to lose, or James' pure physical dominance.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, please. Why didn't Jordan do it more or LeBron? I mean, they're the greatest of all time.
Only one of those guys is the greatest.

And as pointed out earlier, there are plenty of things he was not able to do despite being the greatest.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"Triple Double" is a made up statistic that Pat Riley came up with when Magic was playing. Westbrook is good, even great, but there isn't a coach in the history of the league who would take it over Wilt's 50.4 points and 22.9 rebounds per game in 61-62, Bill Russell's 11 championships, Jabbar's sky-hook, Jordan's refusal to lose, or James' pure physical dominance.

What does a coach have anything to do with a record? Wow, this was a thread which I thought was very simple and easy to discuss. WHat a coach prefers has nothing to do with said topic. Unbreakable records.

How did this get so lost on folks? I mean it's not like I put the Rubik's Cube record on the list.

SMH

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To average a triple double in the NBA with the high level of skill is pretty unreal. But 25 years ago you had centers in basketball that would not allow a player his size get that many. The game was different. So to me Oscar's was more impressive BUT that said it is still iconic like those you mentioned earlier. Wooden's string of winning 10 NCAA titles in 12 years is unreal. Then again Kareem and Walton were unreal college players. But then won with Wickes and Rowe. The man could coach. And UK fans despise him.
It's definitely a different game now. Since Oscar did it they've increased the size of the lane, added defensive 3 seconds, added the 3 point line, allowed zone defense, and made a bunch of other changes to make the game more wide open. It's a big part of the reason the mvp used to always be a center, but hasn't been a center for more than a decade.

It's really tough to compare Oscar's season to Westbrook's. What impresses me most about Westbrook is that he gives maximum effort every minute he's on the court. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a player in any sport give such great effort so consistently.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
. What impresses me most about Westbrook is that he gives maximum effort every minute he's on the court. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a player in any sport give such great effort so consistently.
All I can say is Dave Cowens and John Havliceck. But you dont see many go 100 mph like that often.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If you were a starting pitcher and won 20 games per season for 25 straight seasons you would fall short if Cy Young's record.

It will never be broken. Pitchers today can barely crank out 6 innings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator