Back to back losses to FSU: Who wouldn't want to fire Mac now?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Last year we signed 10 4/5 star guys and another 15 diamonds in the rough. This year we have 8 and 7.

While it's highly unlikely we sign a top 5 class (which I think we should do just about every year), we ought to be able to sign 3 more blue chips and some filler to put us ahead of last year's class.

You're assuming that teams in front of us stay static. Who knows...maybe...and you never know. We'll be hard pressed to get to 12 or higher.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Signing class rankings are much like pre-season rankings or even pre-season AA teams.........something to make jock sniffers feel like they are important.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're assuming that teams in front of us stay static. Who knows...maybe...and you never know. We'll be hard pressed to get to 12 or higher.
I am not assuming that. Going by rivals, the points we had last year would be good for 4th right now. Obviously that won't be the case come signing day. I am assuming that the points needed for 14th last year will be about the same as the points needed this year for the same spot.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Signing class rankings are much like pre-season rankings or even pre-season AA teams.........something to make jock sniffers feel like they are important.

False. Why even lie like this? There is a ton of data that says you are wrong. Are you willing to admit it?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will admit this...........What 16 and17 year olds are thinking about regarding their college careers is so far under my radar that you would need a backhoe to uncover it. Some say our former savior (SOS) hated recruiting.........I hate the concept of selling a product, too. Makes me feel dirty some how. How would I know what is best for some kid in bmfck Glades County...........I want Mac to bring in good players that WANT to play at UF..........not some preening mercenary ready to transfer when he is not starting or here just to show NFL scouts his skills..........When a kid shows up and plays for UF then he is my guy and will get my support........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This back/forth neverending grumbling on Mac's tenure springs from refusal to accept this truth :
"Only the days still to come can present the reasons for patience."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I will admit this...........What 16 and17 year olds are thinking about regarding their college careers is so far under my radar that you would need a backhoe to uncover it. Some say our former savior (SOS) hated recruiting.........I hate the concept of selling a product, too. Makes me feel dirty some how. How would I know what is best for some kid in bmfck Glades County...........I want Mac to bring in good players that WANT to play at UF..........not some preening mercenary ready to transfer when he is not starting or here just to show NFL scouts his skills..........When a kid shows up and plays for UF then he is my guy and will get my support........

I said nothing close to the above. There is a direct correlation to recruiting and success with very few outliers.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-matters-why-the-sites-get-the-rankings-right

There are countless others that have been posted multiple times. BTW, I agree pre-season ranking are BS but in recruiting the data does not support your statement. Are you bucking the data because our guy lacks in that area? That is admirable but don't sell it like fact. You're a good dude and poster. LSU was a good win but before we treat as some watershed moment...let's beat FSU. Bama is a tall task but beating FSU will take a lot of pressure off this staff.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I said nothing close to the above. There is a direct correlation to recruiting and success with very few outliers.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-matters-why-the-sites-get-the-rankings-right

There are countless others that have been posted multiple times. BTW, I agree pre-season ranking are BS but in recruiting the data does not support your statement. Are you bucking the data because our guy lacks in that area? That is admirable but don't sell it like fact. You're a good dude and poster. LSU was a good win but before we treat as some watershed moment...let's beat FSU. Bama is a tall task but beating FSU will take a lot of pressure off this staff.
Teachers are now bombarded with creating data about students and discussing it..............takes too much teaching time away and gives too much power to wonks............so that is my data dismissal.........I know if we sign the big fast cant miss kids we will have a step up. But beating fsu this year is bigger in some ways than beating jimbo..........I am on board with you there..........

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You guys are unreal. This guy showed-up with 6 scholarship offensive linemen and a guy playing QB who's best shot at playing football should be at wide receiver for half of his first year with no other options behind him and just won the SEC east in his first two years. You should be ECSTATIC. His young recruits played extremely well yesterday and with a class or two more if his players the future is bright. Read one comment where he may have saved his job for a while and I think the poster was actually serious. He's won those two championships with scotch tape and bailing wire and you're upset?
Right on, brother. Preach it!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has got to turn the recruiting around some. He will be here in year 4 if we beat FSU. If he loses our next 2 games 2017 will determine his fate.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I picked LSU 44-0, so that proves I know nothing. The only thing proved by what I saw on the field, though, was that McElwain is a better coach than Ed Orgeron. Actually UF did LSU a big favor since the incompetent Orgeron is no longer even being considered for head coach.
I still think UF is a mediocre team. Missouri won the East back to back as well, which should give anyone pause when celebrating an East division title. How LSU lost to UF is still a mystery to me, but it validates why Orgeron is not a Head Coach.
If UF beats FSU, I'll drink the Kool-Aid. Until then, I think the win over LSU just prolongs the agony of having McElwain, and his joke of an offense, coaching UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I picked LSU 44-0, so that proves I know nothing. The only thing proved by what I saw on the field, though, was that McElwain is a better coach than Ed Orgeron. Actually UF did LSU a big favor since the incompetent Orgeron is no longer even being considered for head coach.
Jimbo Bowden is packing his shyt and getting out of Clown Town as quickly as possible.

Candi Fisher is also getting her shyt packed.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Troll, your just getting scared about next weekend. You could lose the game and lose your hero head coach too.

Love your enthusiasm, but if you look at the big picture of the lswho game I don't think f$u is anything close to a gimme. I hope our boys come out with their hair on fire, though.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I still think UF is a mediocre team. Missouri won the East back to back as well, which should give anyone pause when celebrating an East division title. How LSU lost to UF is still a mystery to me, but it validates why Orgeron is not a Head Coach.
If UF beats FSU, I'll drink the Kool-Aid. Until then, I think the win over LSU just prolongs the agony of having McElwain, and his joke of an offense, coaching UF.
You're just trying to push good Gators down, dirtbag. Futile; you can't hang with us. Go service a Clemson dude - if he'll let you.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm glad I read this thread, I learned that since I don't pump the eternal Mac sunshine, I'm not a real Gator fan, I hate it when the Gators win, I've been suicidal since Saturday, and so on. Believe it or not, I always cheer for the Gators to win, and I'm always happy when we do. And guess what, I'll be cheering for us as hard as I can to beat the FSU on Saturday too. But I won't declare Mac the next Bear Bryant or Steve Spurrier because he beat a 6-4 LSU team with an interim head coach on the last play of the game by 6 inches. We beat FSU, look competent against Alabama, and pull in a decent recruiting class, then I will begin to believe he's the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.