Back to back losses to FSU: Who wouldn't want to fire Mac now?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama isn't unbeatable. The fact that this is one of their most unremarkable teams in a while and they are still undefeated and favorites for the NC goes to show what a powerhouse program Saban has built.

We'd have to play a near-perfect game and probably be aided with turnovers, but it's possible.
I remember being laughed at saying this several weeks ago-a good coach can beat Bama. They have weaknesses that can be exploited, primarily in attitude.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My answer? I want to keep Mac. I think he is selecting the players with the right attitude, and given the situation when he arrived, he's not taking chances. Keep it up Mac

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I don' t understand this place. Or I don't fit in. This is suppose to be a message board for Gator fans, right?

It seems a lot more like a place of a bunch for miserable f@cks to piss and moan.
THIS!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I swear, I've never heard or seen so much b*tching in all my life as I have on this board about Mac, the coaches, and the football team. More than one poster has said something to the effect that they don't care about winning the East. I've got news: we can't get to Atlanta without that particular W. Sure, Mac hasn't won a NC prior to completion of his 2nd year on the job. We can either seek to have him fired, (the low-down dirty slack bastard that he is), and completely disparage the fact that he has taken us to the SECCG each of his first 2 years as Gator HC, OR , , , we can accept that the ups and downs are part of the ride, and enjoy what we have. There's plenty of room for criticism, prognostication, and personal opinion, but, hey - we're back in the SECCG 2 years in a row! How terrible is that? And, yes - I did call it. That's not pumping. That's just stating the facts. Go Gators!

You have to admit winning the East isnt that big of a deal the last couple of years with how weak it is. I would gladly take a better offense moving forward and better recruiting rankings with a win over FSU to going to the SECCG this year as far as the future of the program goes. I know winning the conference is a huge priority but we are in a period in the program where if some things aren't turned around we could be in big trouble and winning a weak SEC East doesn't really matter much. It is nice to see the West besides Bama having some issues now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I swear, I've never heard or seen so much b*tching in all my life as I have on this board about Mac, the coaches, and the football team. More than one poster has said something to the effect that they don't care about winning the East. I've got news: we can't get to Atlanta without that particular W.
Some of you guys are quite dense. I said I didn't care about winning the division and never have. That's true. OF COURSE you have to win the division to go play for the title. Obviously, I was talking about getting to the SECCG and losing. When that happens, a division title means nothing, at least to me. They don't hand out rings for that unless you're FSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Tinerc would hand out rings for that.

I think they handed out rings for beating Vatech.

TN got them for winning the Toyota Gator Bowl in Bytch's second year if memory serves me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of report can you give us from Tinerc? Lots of suicide up there I hope?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Man I love it when we win a big game and the trolls here get all squeamish. Almost better than winning the game itself.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of report can you give us from Tinerc? Lots of suicide up there I hope?

LIVE from Knoxville this am.

A lot of dejection among the folks up here. While attending a banquet last night here the talk was about UF/LSU and "oh how we beat you". I just simply replied yes, but that's not getting you to ATL. I told them to try to perhaps win your F'n games and you won't have to worry about what other teams do.

Hearing the Sugar Bowl BS, but who knows what happens there. After yesterday, I am not discounting that UF can do anything or winning any game. They've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt.

The Bytch talk is starting again, mostly grumbles. But Sgt. Carter is here for next year, book it. But if Vandy give them a dose like they did against Ole Piss, look out. That's enough to get you fired.

But in all a pretty humble group, hard to talk shyt when you have no hardware to back it up. And BTW I told them the Battle at Bristol Trophy doesn't count.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man I love it when we win a big game and the trolls here get all squeamish.
That's the way all the people in the PF feel right now. All the big mouths have either shut the fock up or left completely (hopefully including suicide in Lboy's case).

Let me ask you, if we didn't look like we'd never even seen a football at Arky much less practiced it ever and lost to Bytch Jones, would this even have been a BIG GAME?

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's the way all the people in the PF feel right now. All the big mouths have either shut the fock up or left completely (hopefully including suicide in Lboy's case).

Let me ask you, if we didn't look like we'd never even seen a football at Arky much less practiced it ever and lost to Bytch Jones, would this even have been a BIG GAME?
LSU is always a big game, especially on the road. Considering we hadn't won there since '09 and it was all the way back to '03 before that, yesterday was an enormous win.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is always a big game, especially on the road. Considering we hadn't won there since '09 and it was all the way back to '03 before that, yesterday was an enormous win.
I'll agree with that. It was a big win. And Ogeron or whatever his name is, is just as good as Miles. In fact, i thought their play calling was better. It was certainly better that our OC's for the most part. Just one example, you know how we kept running Swain across in front of the hand off to Scarlett? Perish the thought they might have actually handed him the ball. They were killing us with their end around.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

This. The last time lswho wasn't a big game was when SOS was wiping the floor with almost every SEC opponent. Even then, it was considered a quality win.

Ever since saban built lswho back into a top tier SEC team, that game has been pretty big for us, even when they're having a "down" year. They're STILL loaded with NFL talent and the ogre made them better after the hat was fired, so the "interim coach " disclaimer is lame.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
would this even have been a BIG GAME?

Yes! Because of all the "they scared to play us" talk coming out of LSU when a hurricane was putting families out of their homes. Yes! Because their AD was a childish punk about rescheduling the game, forcing us to give up TWO home games, so they could keep ALL of their home games. Yes! It still would have been a BIG GAME!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are quite dense. I said I didn't care about winning the division and never have. That's true. OF COURSE you have to win the division to go play for the title. Obviously, I was talking about getting to the SECCG and losing. When that happens, a division title means nothing, at least to me. They don't hand out rings for that unless you're FSU.
Ironic, considering the fact that winning the SEC East division has significant implications on recruiting no matter the outcome of the championship game. You might not care, but it's much easier for a coach to sit in the living room of a five star recruit and say "We are one player away from winning the SECCG and you will play as a freshman," vs. UGA's or Tenn's sales pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator