Bama makes the playoff

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bet nobody would be surprised with Bama running roughshod over their opponents and winning the Natty.
That thought in the back of the minds of the committee selectors might have prevented them from leaving Bama at home.??

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't give two sh**ts about USC. I just think its ridiculous that Bama got in when they collapsed in their biggest game of the year. And yes, I stand by my comment that Bama's loss to Arburn was worse than Osu's loss to Iowa. That Iowa game was a classic conference road trap game the week after a great comeback win against PSU and the week before Michigan State. Meanwhile Bama had the Iron Bowl circled all year long knowing it was the game they had to win to get to Atlanta and they crapped the bed.
I agree with this logic. I just hate The Ohio State Suckeyes and am very glad they were excluded. I prefer playoff preference for conference champs, but since there are five conferences and only four spots, the whole thing is bullcrap and very obviously a stepping stone to an 8 team playoff.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Bet nobody would be surprised with Bama running roughshod over their opponents and winning the Natty.
?
Totally possible. Personally, I'd like to see an all SEC final with Georgia tilting the title towards the SEC East finally.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give two sh**ts about USC. I just think its ridiculous that Bama got in when they collapsed in their biggest game of the year. And yes, I stand by my comment that Bama's loss to Arburn was worse than Osu's loss to Iowa. That Iowa game was a classic conference road trap game the week after a great comeback win against PSU and the week before Michigan State. Meanwhile Bama had the Iron Bowl circled all year long knowing it was the game they had to win to get to Atlanta and they crapped the bed.
What about OSU getting trucked at home by Oklahoma? Was that not a big game?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That Iowa game was a classic conference road trap game the week after a great comeback win against PSU and the week before Michigan State. Meanwhile Bama had the Iron Bowl circled all year long knowing it was the game they had to win to get to Atlanta and they crapped the bed.

Trap game, by definition, is one you SHOULD win but don't because you lost your edge, your preparedness, whatever. But you SHOULD have won.

A Rivalry Game, by definition is one you can't go by records or common opponents because you never can tell what will happen, or how inspired either team may be.

I'd also argue that while the Iron Bowl would have been circled by both teams, it was for rivalry reasons at the start of the season. I'm sure Bama expected AU to choke away a few games they shouldn't and thereby leave Bama in the driver seat of the west regardless of that game's outcome. Saban wants to win them all, regardless of rivalry or not. Nobody can argue that Bama didn't lose that one, but it's one they COULD lose, as opposed to tOSU losing one they SHOULD NOT have lost.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, well, well. As I've repeatedly said, as a Gator fan, I'm against any playoffs. I like the system whereby the winner of the SEC most likely plays in the NC game. Its the shortest path to a Natty for us.
However, people aren't going to be happy until we get an eight team playoff. And the easiest way to do this is take the five P5 conference winners and three G5 Con Champ game winners and have the playoff the following week at the highest ranked home stadium. This upsets the apple cart the least and more importantly generates the most $$$ without impacting the take for Con. Champ games. Join a conference ND - you can no longer hold the system hostage.
You have to win your conference to advance - sorry snowflakes crying for "fairness". None of this most "deserving" crap. Do I give a damn that the winner of the AAC conference game would go instead of a one-loss SEC team? I do not. That's life and it ain't perfect. The G5's will get destroyed, of course, but it will be great entertainment.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
What about OSU getting trucked at home by Oklahoma? Was that not a big game?
Sure it was. I'm no OSU apologist, in fact I can't stand them. I am a huge believer that the regular season should mean something. It's the greatest regular season in sports and the committee is devaluing it in my eyes. I say win your conference or stay home. Every team can control that.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Well, well, well. As I've repeatedly said, as a Gator fan, I'm against any playoffs. I like the system whereby the winner of the SEC most likely plays in the NC game. Its the shortest path to a Natty for us.
However, people aren't going to be happy until we get an eight team playoff. And the easiest way to do this is take the five P5 conference winners and three G5 Con Champ game winners and have the playoff the following week at the highest ranked home stadium. This upsets the apple cart the least and more importantly generates the most $$$ without impacting the take for Con. Champ games. Join a conference ND - you can no longer hold the system hostage.
You have to win your conference to advance - sorry snowflakes crying for "fairness". None of this most "deserving" crap. Do I give a damn that the winner of the AAC conference game would go instead of a one-loss SEC team? I do not. That's life and it ain't perfect. The G5's will get destroyed, of course, but it will be great entertainment.
If you think that giving group of 5 champs 3 spots in the playoff over 1 loss sec teams makes it easier for us to win a natty you are sorely mistaken

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you think that giving group of 5 champs 3 spots in the playoff over 1 loss sec teams makes it easier for us to win a natty you are sorely mistaken
If you think winning three games in a row against top 8 competition is easier than winning one game then I can't help you.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone know how healthy Bama expects their LB's to be by the playoffs?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Clumps will truck the Gumps.

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
Alabama is going to win another National Championship without even making the SEC Championship Game. Lol!
Alabama is going to win another National Championship without even making the SEC Championship Game. Lol!
Would not be the first time for bama they won a NC a few years ago without winning their division or the SEC, beat LSU in a re match.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you think winning three games in a row against top 8 competition is easier than winning one game then I can't help you.

If you think that G5 teams are top 8 then nobody can help you.

I don't want some 4 loss Pac-whatever champ in a playoff.

Conference champs only is stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator