Basketball team needs to be renamed the "Florida Heartbreakers"

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Comes a point where you just throw your hands up. Ive watched that 6 times. Chiozza played that fine. Guy just made a prayer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n176506 said:
Why the Chiozza hate? He defended that last possession about as well as you can. The guy made a lucky Hail Mary. I'm sure Frazier would've been in the game if he was available, but you gotta play with whatcha got.
I don't hate the kid, he's just not good enough to play at this level. If you're that small you better have one hell of a jump shot and a quick release. You also need a have a floater in your game. He has none of the above so teams just sag off of him making the rest of our team easier to defend. And on the defensive side he's a liability defending the 3 point line. It's not his fault we're losing he's just another hole in our roster.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think Chiozza is going to be real good, and as is he is already better than Hill.

Look, this is a growing year we should have been prepared for. Losing 4 seniors of that caliber is a huge deal. This year we are going through the rough patches and refinement, and we will see the benefits next year.

Also, I think Walker goes overseas for what it's worth but Egbunu will more than replace him.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be deep, experienced and angry next year.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
GatorJay26;n176527 said:
I think Chiozza is going to be real good, and as is he is already better than Hill.

Look, this is a growing year we should have been prepared for. Losing 4 seniors of that caliber is a huge deal. This year we are going through the rough patches and refinement, and we will see the benefits next year.

Also, I think Walker goes overseas for what it's worth but Egbunu will more than replace him.

Doesn't excuse a 12-12 record. I don't think we even make the NIT. heck I just want a winning record now.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n176541 said:
Doesn't excuse a 12-12 record. I don't think we even make the NIT. heck I just want a winning record now.

Am I happy about it? No. Sooner you realize this is a rebuilding year, the better.

Heck who know, we get hot and we could win the SEC tourney (if Cats get knocked out by somebody else lol)

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
GatorJay26;n176546 said:
Am I happy about it? No. Sooner you realize this is a rebuilding year, the better.

Heck who know, we get hot and we could win the SEC tourney (if Cats get knocked out by somebody else lol)

2008 was a rebuilding year after losing all our starters from the 04s. it was nowhere close to this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n176519 said:
When is Chiozza gonna learn that a small guard like he is just cannot drive the lane into the "land of the giants" and then discover he's got nowhere to go, can't put up a shot, can't pass it out to the perimeter, can't do anything. And as you pointed out, he can't defend the three.

It's just so ironic that during the end of football season we were all anticipating winning during hoops season, and now we can't wait til football Spring training.

lol that was worse case scenario him one on one with a guy literally a foot taller in the paint.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n176520 said:
Comes a point where you just throw your hands up. Ive watched that 6 times. Chiozza played that fine. Guy just made a prayer.
Nobody's saying he he didn't close out good enough. I'm saying he has no business being on the court.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I expect a couple transfers. Look at the classes from 06 to 08, there's a crazy amount of em. I'm hoping this roster gets gutted. Hopefully Francis and egbunu are gamers because we don't have any. The most disappointing part was the last two possessions nobody wanted the ball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We were due for a down year. No one expected us to be this bad, but even the best of em have down years from time to time. Probably be 2017 before we make a deep run in the tourney again, so we should probably temper our expectations.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n176564 said:
We were due for a down year. No one expected us to be this bad, but even the best of em have down years from time to time. Probably be 2017 before we make a deep run in the tourney again, so we should probably temper our expectations.
Atleast the odome will be renovated by then

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n176535 said:
So we've adopted "wait 'till next year" in Basketball too now? That's just fuking great.:gah:

Not really. A year like this just makes me appreciate the rest.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Relax people. We will be back to form by next year.

We have a lot of talent, but it's all really young. Throw in some solid freshmen coming in, Egunu and Francis, and a healthy Devon Walker and we are a totally different team. I expect a lot of growth between Robinson (super talented) and Chiozza also.

In Billy I trust.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
MJMGator;n176564 said:

Take a look at the current state of the defending National Champions. Same basic scenario.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n176579 said:
Relax people. We will be back to form by next year.

We have a lot of talent, but it's all really young. Throw in some solid freshmen coming in, Egunu and Francis, and a healthy Devon Walker and we are a totally different team. I expect a lot of growth between Robinson (super talented) and Chiozza also.

In Billy I trust.

I don't think we're that talented. Next year we'll have middling talent and experience. The freshmen and transfers better absolute studs cuz this team is NOT very talented. Zero NBA talent. None.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n176570 said:
Atleast the odome will be renovated by then

The beginning of next year will be interesting with the O'Dome renovation. They won't have a home game until January 2016.

This team has no one with a killer instinct like Wilbekin. I'm hoping Robinson, who I think will be a stud, develops into that guy or throw it down to Egbunu. Also, we have 2 players signed and 2 more in the waiting who are commits, but haven't signed LOIs. We'd have too many on scholarship if all 4 signed. Billy must be assuming some guys transfer (Walker?) or leave early (DFS?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator