Best/Worst UF PGs

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
You missed it. I mentioned Moten as the most underappreciated point guard in UF history.
He was a hell of a player back when very few people really followed Gator Basketball
I did miss it and glad you brought his name into the conversation. Moten was consistently excellent for 4 years and I would put him on my All-Time Gator team along with Neal Walk, Ronnie Williams (all time leading UF scorer and a true stud in the paint), Al Horford and Kenny Boynton. The 1st Gator BB I attended was in February 1969 when Neal Walk led the Gators to an 82-81 upset of Dan Issell & Kentucky. Been a fan ever since. Lots of great players have come through this program and Andrew Moten was one of the very best.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did miss it and glad you brought his name into the conversation. Moten was consistently excellent for 4 years and I would put him on my All-Time Gator team along with Neal Walk, Ronnie Williams (all time leading UF scorer and a true stud in the paint), Al Horford and Kenny Boynton. The 1st Gator BB I attended was in February 1969 when Neal Walk led the Gators to an 82-81 upset of Dan Issell & Kentucky. Been a fan ever since. Lots of great players have come through this program and Andrew Moten was one of the very best.

Moten was the catalyst for the Sloan team that made the tournament for the first time.
Everyone talked about Maxwell, because he was so talented, but he was also a very inconsistent player while Moten brought it every night.
I believe that he is a high school basketball coach now but that may not be correct.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Moten was the catalyst for the Sloan team that made the tournament for the first time.
Everyone talked about Maxwell, because he was so talented, but he was also a very inconsistent player while Moten brought it every night.
I believe that he is a high school basketball coach now but that may not be correct.
He's the head coach at West Gadsden High School in Greensboro, FL (Panhandle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.