1u7j9n.jpg

1u7j9n

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Question: If we lose 35-16, is Mac's career here over, or does it not really matter on the overall season?
Mac is safe this year. He assured himself that by retaining Nuss to use as a scapegoat. Besides, according to 2222 he's got a 99.99% approval rating.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Question: If we lose 35-16, would you consider it a wasted trip?

No. I don't get many opportunities to see the Gators play here in Texas and I will have a blast tailgating before the game. I will certainly be frustrated if we lose, but that is always a risk. If I didn't want to risk that I would only go to see the Gators play 1AA teams

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Question: If we lose 35-16, is Mac's career here over, or does it not really matter on the overall season?

In theory, no, we could still run the table and have a successful year. But we all know that's not likely to happen, especially if we fail to beat Michigan out of the gate. So I rarely say on game is a must win. But if it's not even truly competitive, as that score would indicate, and given the points that Instigator brings up about returning players, then I think it's a definitive sign that the end is a matter of when not if. Coming up a little short against a solid foe on a neutral field is one thing. Anything like 2-3 TD's difference tells me everything I need to know, and couldn't possibly bode well for the rest of the season.

I do agree with the others that 2018 is almost a certainty, barring a disaster.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is safe this year. He assured himself that by retaining Nuss to use as a scapegoat. Besides, according to 2222 he's got a 99.99% approval rating.
Are you calling our bull gators and ad idiots?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac is smart he will recognize that he will get less catastrophic blame by starting Franks and sticking with the QB that carries future hope-investment. As for coach Rog, I put my hopes for Feleipe having a good showing. Now that has more plusses than any other QB choice.

The safest thing for Mac as far as the fans go would be starting LDR and use him as the scapegoat for the loss and say his is giving hope for the rest of the season by then starting Franks or Zaire. It would be a little like him firing Nuss.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
The simple fact that neither Franks nor Zaire have won the job is very troublesome. Unless this is all just smoke n mirrors by Mac to one-up harbough

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The simple fact that neither Franks nor Zaire have won the job is very troublesome. Unless this is all just smoke n mirrors by Mac to one-up harbough
Do you think a guy that humps dead sharks is that crafty?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How is it any different than losing 41-7 in every game that matters so far?

But no, it won't matter. Pumpers will see progress and say wait til next year, as usual.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
How is it any different than losing 41-7 in every game that matters so far?

But no, it won't matter. Pumpers will see progress and say wait til next year, as usual.

Well, a TD is better than settling for a bunch of FGs, right? That's progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator