Between the Hedges with Them Dawgs - UT vs UGA Thread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alvin York;n59683 said:
Yeah, but it's hell to hide the moonshine from the Mullahs. Did you know Tennessee Muslims don't pray toward Mecca, we pray toward Knoxville.

Well played. Well, being in Memphis, both places are East.

You know, East. As in the division you guys have won(backed into) 5 times in 22 tries.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
soflagator;n59674 said:
Must be nice attending a tennessee mosque. I mean, everywhere else, they have to take their shoes off before entering. One less step for you guys, huh.

Yeah, but it's hell to hide the moonshine from the Mullahs. Did you know Tennessee Muslims don't pray toward Mecca, we pray toward Knoxville.
:facepalm:

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
soflagator;n59704 said:
Well played. Well, being in Memphis, both places are East.

You know, East. As in the division you guys have won(backed into) 5 times in 22 tries.

:shocked:

Hey Sofla, hope you and the family are doing well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
SecVolfan13;n60208 said:
:shocked:

Hey Sofla, hope you and the family are doing well.

Thanks, everybody's good. Hope you are as well. Glad you made it over here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UT took a leap of faith at HC (that many laughed at) and he' got them making definite & exciting
upward progress. Soon Roper will be hired by someone as HC … Make him our interim HC now, asap.
Do so and watch a freed-up Roper put winning excitement back into our boys and us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n60237 said:
Soon Roper will be hired by someone as HC … Make him our interim HC now, asap.

Would be the smart move and if Foley doesn't later in the season he better start shopping his services around knowing Muschamp will be gone. He probably had a 2 year guarantee at least on his pay knowing the situation he was coming into.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
rogdochar;n60237 said:
Soon Roper will be hired by someone as HC … Make him our interim HC now, asap.

Would be the smart move and if Foley doesn't later in the season he better start shopping his services around knowing Muschamp will be gone. He probably had a 2 year guarantee at least on his pay knowing the situation he was coming into.
It was a 2 or 3 year deal when they announced it in December. I want to say 3 year.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Somehow Tennessee fans don't fear the canines like the Florida folks do every year at the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.One notable salute we have to give to those Peckerwoods. They were the diabolically clever fans that hung the jort stigma on Florida., a cultural icon that will forever.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I was in Tennessee last week with a friend and she insisted we visit "the real" Sgt. Alvin C. York State Park. It was very nice, and I'm thankful to have gone there and learned more about this great man. I even met his son. Dork, it's a disgrace you carry that man's name.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n60878 said:
I was in Tennessee last week with a friend and she insisted we visit "the real" Sgt. Alvin C. York State Park. It was very nice, and I'm thankful to have gone there and learned more about this great man. I even met his son. Dork, it's a disgrace you carry that man's name.

How do you know Alvin isn't a Jr, or III, or w/e? Could be a direct descendant?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
aka;n60878 said:

How do you know Alvin isn't a Jr, or III, or w/e? Could be a direct descendant?
Say it ain't so.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n60878 said:

It's nice you visited the Alvin York State Park and met one of his sons. I'm a descendant of Alvin Cullum York in fighting spirit only. I reckon Alvin was a nemesis of German soldiers like I am a nemesis to you.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. SEC;n61216 said:
http://allfortennessee.com/2014/09/24/know-enemy-georgia-bulldogs-2/

"It’s been since 2007 that the Vols have won an SEC road game against a team not named Vanderbilt or Kentucky, and that was a 33-21 victory over Mississippi State in Starkville."

Wow, other than Vandy and Kentucky, the Vols haven't won a single SEC road game since 2007. Amazing stat.

Wow. In 2014 you lost 7 in a row and had the worst record in over a half a century. Amazing stat

We look to change those numbers like you look to change yours.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n59575 said:
and don't look ahead to our long awaited war with Florida in Neyland.

War? War!? More like a pillow fight.

Sadly, the UF-UT game is really no different than UF-Kentucky these days.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n61240 said:
Wow. In 2014 you lost 7 in a row and had the worst record in over a half a century. Amazing stat

Mr. SEC is a Bulldog fan. Granted, the Bulldogs haven't won a damn thing in years, either.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n61263 said:
Originally posted by Alvin York View Post

Mr. SEC is a Bulldog fan. Granted, the Bulldogs haven't won a damn thing in years, either.

:owned:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n61263 said:

It hasn't been thaaat long. I believe this show debuted that same year.

MV5BMjA2NDQwODE5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcxMzUzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

​

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n61263 said:

My mistake but you can't see the dog drool when flying in cyberspace. My God when was the last time Georgia won the National Championship, during the Carter Administration?....or maybe it was the Eisenhower years "These are the Happy Days...."

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK, its DAWG Saturday, the day we find out if we are the Dog Pound or not, the day we either get bit in the ass or lead the pup away on a pole into the truck. They're going to try the run that ball down our throats. The D will have to get Alamo tough. We'll see what shakes loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator