Bill Walton: Is he nuts?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Well, is he? Don't think I had ever heard him do a basketball game before. He is rambling about how wonderful the PAC 12 is, how wonderful California is, how the NCAA tournament should include lots of PAC 12 teams because of the size of the West coast economy and the West coast devotion to the environment, plus some more or less incoherent mumblings about literature. Every player,indeed every person, is wonderful. Only superlatives are used, even In describing walk-ons. Is he always like this or is he high?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. I agree. But is the behavior I described his usual behavior?
Spot on and it's his schtick. That, and his sleazy sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. He's the biggest PAC12, California, UCLA Homer there is. He's always the same, it's incessant.

God, now I can hear him in my head. Thanks a lot Ancient.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. I agree. But is the behavior I described his usual behavior?

Walton has been a tree hugging kook from his first days with John Wooden.

"The two remain close today. When Walton is inducted later this year into the Basketball Hall of Fame, Wooden, the only individual enshrined as both player and coach, will be Walton's presenter. Yet at UCLA, Walton, teammates say, was Wooden's greatest test. What would the capricious, free-spirited Walton do next?

Coach, can I use your office for meditation? Yes, Bill.

Coach, Bill is lying in the middle of Wilshire Boulevard to protest the war. Goodness gracious sakes alive."

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
He's a little weird. I disagree if y'all are saying he's bad at calling games. I think he gives good analysis. He sounds like he's rambling some times. Yeah he's really laid back and maybe he smokes pot. But who is he hurting? He's just calling basketball games.
There's a lot of bad announcers out there. Walton is a lot better than a long list of annoying, dumb announcers.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bill Walton was the best all round college center I ever saw play. HIs game against Memphis St in the final was as close to a perfect game as you could play. He protected the rim like (in college) Bill Russell. He could pass as well as anybody. He had great leadership skills and not being allowed to dunk in college had to be creative with his shots. And bad knees and feet he could really get off the floor at 6 11. Oh yeah, and he hustled all up and down the floor like a Cowens. He had a HIGH Basketball IQ and a real passion for the game. If he doesnt have bad feet he has at least 5-6 NBA rings. He knows basketball but he is getting old. A few years ago he almost lost the ability to walk and it took some great medical help to get him back. It changed him some.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Walton was one of the announcers during the "Malice at the Palace", the greatest sports fight of all time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Founding member of the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Walton was one of the announcers during the "Malice at the Palace", the greatest sports fight of all time.

That's hillarious. The refs are standing to the side passively watching like a hockey fight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Founding member of the Symbionese Liberation Army.
Yeah but he says that most greatly exaggerated.

Who HASNT joined a terrorist group at one time or another?

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Can't stand Bill Walton. I'd rather listen to Beth Mowins.
She always sounds like she's trying to be the next Harry Doyle...falling woefully short.

1989MLdoyle.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Bill Walton was the best all round college center I ever saw play. HIs game against Memphis St in the final was as close to a perfect game as you could play. He protected the rim like (in college) Bill Russell. He could pass as well as anybody. He had great leadership skills and not being allowed to dunk in college had to be creative with his shots. And bad knees and feet he could really get off the floor at 6 11. Oh yeah, and he hustled all up and down the floor like a Cowens. He had a HIGH Basketball IQ and a real passion for the game. If he doesnt have bad feet he has at least 5-6 NBA rings. He knows basketball but he is getting old. A few years ago he almost lost the ability to walk and it took some great medical help to get him back. It changed him some.

He was also an integral piece of the 1986 Celtics team that was able to stop the Lakers’ “Showtime” at its peak. He’s always been a little wiggy but there’s no doubt that when healthy he was a relentless, extraordinarily talented player.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
He knows basketball but he is getting old. A few years ago he almost lost the ability to walk and it took some great medical help to get him back. It changed him some.

Bill Walton is the moron who developed osteoporosis because of a nutritional insufficiency of manganese. He made himself very sick because of a stupid macrobiotic diet. Apparent, his judgment hasn't improved. The great medical help was putting him on a diet that supplied all his needed vitamins and minerals.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously an LSD flashback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online