Bill Walton: Is he nuts?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Walton is an airhead and a flaming idiot.

These attributes can be managed as long as the person understands their limitations. Walton, on the other hand, fancies himself as an intellectual and this is what makes him so terrible

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Yes. Walton has spent too many years in LA LA land. Another reason to build a wall around California to keep the inmates in. However he was in my opinion one of the greatest college players of all time. As Gators we owe him big time for the 72 NCAA final when his UCLA boys stopped the Semi's from winning a title. Walton came up big in that game.

Ox thanks for sharing the Malise at the Palace. I forgot just how out of control that situation got. I didn't realize that Walton was doing that game. His buddy Reggie Miller was also deep in the s**t there too.

Crazy night !

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Walton was one of the announcers during the "Malice at the Palace", the greatest sports fight of all time.

Damn, that was awesome. What a turn of events back in 2004. Can you believe that was 14 years ago? Doesn't seem that long but look how much things have changed since then. No HD TV. No smartphone to capture video from every fan there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The guy who thinks Gonzaga is a powerhouse thinks Bill Walton is a national treasure. Figures.
if sasquash were older he would have been in SLA also, instead of antifa.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Bill Walton was incredibly talented. One of the most complete centers to ever play the game. He dominated in college and his championship season in 77 with Portland he was equally dominating. Injuries robbed him from being considered one of the greats of all time. Always heard he is several inches taller than 6’11. He was over 7 ft but would never allow it to be listed as such.

He is a horrible analyst....mostly because he talks too much and goes off on crazy tangents.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The guy who thinks Gonzaga is a powerhouse thinks Bill Walton is a national treasure. Figures.
The guy who pimps f*cking Nevada has a problem with a guy who thinks Gonzaga is a powerhouse. Figures.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Walton is a legend and the OP is overreacting to his usual trolling schtick. Move along.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Walton was a pleasure to watch - in college and early pro career. Quickest big man ever. What was it in that natty game = he hit 20-22 turnaround bank-shots from 12+ feet ? Today, Walton bedazzles Walton with his own spiel. It is tedious. All sport descriptions should be short on-point sentences.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is definitely good at doing his research before games. I've heard him call a couple byu games on espn and I was surprised by the anecdotes he knew about all the players. I enjoyed listening to him.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has, as he used to pontificate, given up all of his money yet because of his strong belief in wealth redistribution and his visceral hate of capitalism?

Huh, net worth of $20 million. Guess not.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I find Walton hilarious as he tends to leave the guy doing play by play absolutely stumped at what to say next. If anything it is entertaining, but Walton is a bit nuts.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Walton is a legend and the OP is overreacting to his usual trolling schtick. Move along.

I don’t recall many games with Walton as a commentator, but I recall some odd rambling and homerism. I didn’t see the game referenced. However, IF the factors listed in the OP are accurate (vice a conference’s performance on the court), then Ancient makes a fair point. Not sure how that’s trolling.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Has, as he used to pontificate, given up all of his money yet because of his strong belief in wealth redistribution and his visceral hate of capitalism?

Huh, net worth of $20 million. Guess not.
Ah the myth that if someone is rich, they must not give back at all. :rolleyes3:

Check out some of his charitable work, mainly his Challenged Athlete Foundation and his efforts to help youths with stuttering problems if you’re not too triggered to discover the truth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's Bill Walton, notorious Califruitcake. I don't even think of him as a basketball player anymore. He's Dick Vitale with a full head of hair.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He was also an integral piece of the 1986 Celtics team that was able to stop the Lakers’ “Showtime” at its peak. He’s always been a little wiggy but there’s no doubt that when healthy he was a relentless, extraordinarily talented player.
My dad was a Celtic fan back when Russell was stockpiling NBA titles. So I was a Celtic fan. He loved watching Walton play with Bird and McHale and the rest. Their passing was like a work of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator