Billy Napier is a stupid *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget Napier needing to keep his current impact players from entering the portal either because they are unhappy with their playing time or they just want to win. Florida has what looks to be the hardest schedule in college football next year. So it wouldn't surprise if me a good player bolts unexpectedly for a better team. The Kentucky running back that just scorched us for nearly 300 yards on the ground was a Vanderbilt transfer. Now, I don't want to compare us to Vandy. But, they did beat us last year and we are riding a 3 game losing streak to Kentucky.
You do know it was the same kid that stomped us both times don’t you? Kid went for 30 carries and a 100 plus last year.

As for Napier and his predictive play calling, he has a QB that’s been “coached” since spring that can’t scramble or throw to the left

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Don't forget Napier needing to keep his current impact players from entering the portal either because they are unhappy with their playing time or they just want to win. Florida has what looks to be the hardest schedule in college football next year. So it wouldn't surprise if me a good player bolts unexpectedly for a better team. The Kentucky running back that just scorched us for nearly 300 yards on the ground was a Vanderbilt transfer. Now, I don't want to compare us to Vandy. But, they did beat us last year and we are riding a 3 game losing streak to Kentucky.
Well, to be fair, I dont really think Davis scorched us so much as their OL scorched our DL allowing Davis to get to the 2nd level just about every run. ETN or Johnson would have had more yards against us than Davis.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'd rather have Johnson too, but as OC for the Eagles, Johnson's next step will be a HC position in the NFL, not an OC at the college level. Brady is currently a QB coach for the Bills; an OC job at Florida would be a step up and probably a much bigger payday.
I though we were both dreaming. However, if Coach Napier can keep the recruiting going for a few years we might be in the sweet spot for Johnson :)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You do know it was the same kid that stomped us both times don’t you? Kid went for 30 carries and a 100 plus last year.

As for Napier and his predictive play calling, he has a QB that’s been “coached” since spring that can’t scramble or throw to the left

ouch, thats a sick burn

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
You would see more passion from a group of old ladies sitting around watching Golden Girls. If a woman was coaching a football team it would look something like Billy Ball. No intensity, no desire to whip anybody, no one fired up .
Not entirely fair. High school mean girls laid down the blueprint for Urban Meyer's Circle of Trust.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017

Posted this in another link but let's hope these rumors are true.

Multiple sources told SDS this week that Napier will make a change in the offseason and bring in his own coordinator. Time will tell if that is impactful, but first and foremost, Napier the CEO has to get the hire for who replaces Napier the coordinator right.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Multiple sources told SDS this week that Napier will make a change in the offseason and bring in his own coordinator. Time will tell if that is impactful, but first and foremost, Napier the CEO has to get the hire for who replaces Napier the coordinator right.
Great article, thanks. Loved this quote:

“Napier calling his own plays is lunacy, OK? If you are a genius, maybe you do that. But his offensive scheme is just OK. They were good on offense last year with a great offensive line and a stud at quarterback. But that scheme isn’t brutally hard to prepare for and every second Napier spends game planning, he can’t do something else. That tradeoff isn’t worth it for that scheme.”

Dabo had to replace Billy as OC to improve his program. Billy needs to do the same for his program. Bring in someone who can mesh well with Lagway and these stud WRs & Etienne.

Then he can pay more attention to ST.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its amazing to me that Vandy has basically turned into a must-win game for slingblade. If he loses this game somehow, I just don't see how he survives here. Doesn't matter if he announces that he's bringing in an OC that is gonna spread the ball all over the field, folks will have had enough of this experiment. Lets face it, we've played 10 halves of football this season and 8 of them have been bad if not downright awful. We haven't had a good second half all year. This isn't year one, its year two and even though we don't have world class talent everywhere we should, without question, be a damn sight better than what we have been so far. We are underachieving on an unmistakable scale and everyone can see it.

I'll admit that Napier's success (potential success anyway) on the recruiting trail seems at first glance like a reason to keep him around. And at this point frankly its the only reason that I can see. Really makes you wonder what gets said and sold on the recruiting trail because at face value this program sure doesn't look like something I'd want any part of if I was an NFL prospect.

And that's the sunshine pumping koolaid version.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

It's not a rumor. Joe Brady, QB coach for the Bills to become the new OC after the season. Pass it on.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
If Napier is ready to bring in an OC, give him another year. If the new OC is running the same **** as this year, fire Napier after the first game next year and give one of the assistants the reigns and 11 games to audition for the job.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I actually just happened to read this article and logged on here to see if anyone had posted it!

I always find articles like these interesting as we all know that the big money guys carry a lot more weight than any of us. (Unless one of our chatterers is a big money donor!) The ones quoted certainly seem patient; I wonder how long that lasts.

The comment @Theologator quoted struck me as well. The great question of course is will it be a dynamic guy like a Joe Brady or will it be a Billy 2.0?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I got just the guy who will fit in with Napier’s offense. From useless motions to play action on 3rd and a mile, this guy would be a great fit. I even tried my hand at photoshop for this one…..ladies and gentlemen, your new OC!

IMG_7882.jpeg

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I got just the guy who will fit in with Napier’s offense. From useless motions to play action on 3rd and a mile, this guy would be a great fit. I even tried my hand at photoshop for this one…..ladies and gentlemen, your new OC!

View attachment 62640
I was looking up our former historically bad OC's to make a joke and to my surprise, this buffoon has somehow failed his way up and is currently employed in the Pro's.

I thought he would be pumping gas at some Texaco in the middle of the desert sitting on a wooden chair while waiting for the dust of an approaching car to head his way.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I actually just happened to read this article and logged on here to see if anyone had posted it!

I always find articles like these interesting as we all know that the big money guys carry a lot more weight than any of us. (Unless one of our chatterers is a big money donor!) The ones quoted certainly seem patient; I wonder how long that lasts.

The comment @Theologator quoted struck me as well. The great question of course is will it be a dynamic guy like a Joe Brady or will it be a Billy 2.0?
Brady isn’t such a genius without Burrow. That’s why I think, “Fit Lagway.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.