Billy Napier is a stupid *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am shocked that someone even brought up the concept of play calling or sequencing. Who had the nerve to finally stop slurping the slop they were being fed?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

10 years later and here we are. Fans and media are all morons who don’t know ball. Feels all too familiar.

Discuss.

It's 2023, not 1973. There are resources available at the library and online that can take even the most ignorant fan out there and turn him or her into a student of the game. The so-called mystery surrounding the complicated game of football isn't a trade secret in 2023. The only thing us common fans lack is the "All 22" view of the games. Luckily for us, we have HS coaches who are able to get ahold of this film from the university, and then are able to breakdown what we're putting on film with a high degree of accuracy and expose it to everyone via YouTube and podcasts.

I'm not disagreeing with Napier here that some fans don't know what they're talking about. I'd even venture to say that the majority of fans don't know what they're talking about. I've heard criticism against our staff that is just flat out opposite of what we're putting on film and obviously wrong. However, the portion of the fanbase that does understand football, as a coach you simply can't get away with the, "we coaches know better than you" excuse anymore. No, you really don't. We can clearly tell when it's a talent/player problem and when it's a coaching problem, and it's clear to anyone who understands football that we have a real problem on offense that starts with coaching.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It's 2023, not 1973. There are resources available at the library and online that can take even the most ignorant fan out there and turn him or her into a student of the game. The so-called mystery surrounding the complicated game of football isn't a trade secret in 2023. The only thing us common fans lack is the "All 22" view of the games. Luckily for us, we have HS coaches who are able to get ahold of this film from the university, and then are able to breakdown what we're putting on film with a high degree of accuracy and expose it to everyone via YouTube and podcasts.

I'm not disagreeing with Napier here that some fans don't know what they're talking about. I'd even venture to say that the majority of fans don't know what they're talking about. I've heard criticism against our staff that is just flat out opposite of what we're putting on film and obviously wrong. However, the portion of the fanbase that does understand football, as a coach you simply can't get away with the, "we coaches know better than you" excuse anymore. No, you really don't. We can clearly tell when it's a talent/player problem and when it's a coaching problem, and it's clear to anyone who understands football that we have a real problem on offense that starts with coaching.

Agreed.
Had Napier left it at "some of it's well-deserved; and today's one of those days"...I think people would be less inclined to take it out on him.

But when you put THAT product out on the field and get your azz handed to you in all facets of the game (offense, defense, and special teams)...yea, it's best not to insult your own fans.

Colorado was down what? 48-21...and scored 20 straight points, fighting until the end, losing 48-41. That's what the fans want to see. A team fighting and competing. An offensive philosophy that's *trying* to score quickly and make it a game instead of running the ball on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes left or throwing the ball on check-downs EVERY non-running play.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

10 years later and here we are. Fans and media are all morons who don’t know ball. Feels all too familiar.

Discuss.

Sounds like there is some noise in the system!
This made me howl when I read that stupid ass quote from Napier. Who the f*** does he think he's kidding here. You don't have to be a chicken to know what a damned egg is. And anyone looking at BAD play calling can tell what BAD play calling looks like FFS. Others on the board have called this what it is. We have an AD problem here. That also means we have a UF Prez problem as well. Until that is solved we will continue to hire incompetents on the sideline. We are in a catch-22 position here. We have to look and be bad for 4 or 5 years with an incompetent coach so we can hire a good one according to the talking heads out there. This logic is maddening. UGA and FSU couldn't agree more with his BS.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
*Gators score 3 offensive TDs in the last 10 quarters*

“It’s not the offense and especially not the playcalling. Y’all just don’t know what you’re talking about”

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
*Gators score 3 offensive TDs in the last 10 quarters*

“It’s not the offense and especially not the playcalling. Y’all just don’t know what you’re talking about”
Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ole Miss up 28-14 8 mins to go in the HALF.

Meanwhile, we are the brunt of every post game show in the nation right now.
Showing that little pissant RB running over, through and around our INEPT Fn so called defense.

I thought we would make adjustments on BOTH sides of the ball at the half.

I think what our team heard at the half was, " Trust the process".

My God, I would have broken every window, chair and water fountain in the entire GDman locker room.

Wille Taggert er...ummmmm, Napier must go NOW.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ole Miss up 28-14 8 mins to go in the HALF.

Meanwhile, we are the brunt of every post game show in the nation right now.
Showing that little pissant RB running over, through and around our INEPT Fn so called defense.

I thought we would make adjustments on BOTH sides of the ball at the half.

I think what our team heard at the half was, " Trust the process".

My God, I would have broken every window, chair and water fountain in the entire GDman locker room.

Billy Taggert er...ummmmm, Napier must go NOW.
FIFY

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When Ox comes back you guys are in soooo much trouble!!

Shane Johnson Youre In Trouble GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Put. On. Blast.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am shocked that someone even brought up the concept of play calling or sequencing. Who had the nerve to finally stop slurping the slop they were being fed?

They sit together and kibitz in the press box before, during and after the game. They saw what we did, and after a game that had meaning and consequence, it was inevitable someone would pipe up. It's become the elephant in the room.

Isn't it just a bit ironic that a guy who prides himself on organization and managing details would be the one guy in the room who refused to see the facts for what they are? Napier can play the game of denial only so much longer before his standing reaches the point of no return. Only that pearl of a 2024 recruiting class and a large buyout stand as a buffer.

If he's smart, he'll recognize his real value to the position, as CEO and program ambassador, and go get himself a bonafide play caller. Or he can look back and wonder, what if?

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
Billy starting Montrell over Etienne answers any questions you could have about what is most important to him. It is not winning, but process and loyalty even if it means a loss.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So… Swonkey was right?

Technically he wanted Fedora and Brohm, both of whom have been colossal failures in their own right. He was generally pretty cynical toward the end, and for good reason. Like most he saw some good. But he also did say the offense would be an issue. So I guess to an extent. But no one thought it would work. So all of us mere mortals were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator