Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Boy, you really are putting yourself out there on this one. You know, your unequivocal enthusiasm for this hire will long, LONG be remembered by @Swamp Donkey and everyone else who's ready to fire the coach every time we don't make the CFP, right?
Suppose Ox is right about Napier? At any rate, I will remember Donk trashing Trask longer than anyone remembers Ox pumping Napier.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Boy, you really are putting yourself out there on this one. You know, your unequivocal enthusiasm for this hire will long, LONG be remembered by @Swamp Donkey and everyone else who's ready to fire the coach every time we don't make the CFP, right?

If anything I like Ox more now specifically for that reason. Much easier to dump on the hire than bet the farm that he will succeed. I hope he is right.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Holding out for Miami? South Florida lifestyle?
That's what I'm expecting, if he doesn't stay right there at Ole Miss and make clear his intention to go toe-to-toe with Saban for real.

Then again, never in a million years did I think Fuchs would sign off on hiring a guy like Napier at this point in time, so we've established that I (literally) don't know what the Fuchs I'm talking about. :dunno:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I have no idea. I'm just saying

And I'm just posting what is out there. And you are correct...You have no idea...That is obvious.

Should hear Tue or Wed. UF had everything done the day after Mullen was gone...But you knew that. I'm just saying.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That's what I'm expecting, if he doesn't stay right there at Ole Miss and make clear his intention to go toe-to-toe with Saban for real.

Then again, never in a million years did I think Fuchs would sign off on hiring a guy like Napier at this point in time, so we've established that I (literally) don't know what the Fuchs I'm talking about. :dunno:

Who but Detroit knows how someone like Fuchs thinks?

As for Kiffin...I think he may need to wait. I do think he is eyeing the "U" now that UF passed on him.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Suppose Ox is right about Napier? At any rate, I will remember Donk trashing Trask longer than anyone remembers Ox pumping Napier.

So far, not much of a reason to dump on Napier. There are definitely some boxes not checked with the hire of Napier but there are a lot of boxes checked. Either way, checked or unchecked, its just potential at this point and there is no reason to cry like its the end of the world: especially with Napier over Kiffin (or that other guy Kiffen). Napier is a solid candidate for the job and very worthy of expecting he will be successful.

I think the things to watch for right now is who he wants as assistants, how he works towards the transition class and what type of recruiting infrastructure he creates. That will start to give a reason to pump or dump.

Im remaining positive because of two things: 1. muLLLLLLen is fired and 2. we hired a coach who runs a program exactly the way muLLLLLLen refused.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
See... before you even respond to my sincere, long post, refer back to this one.

It's the system...right
You're okay...right
Yours are okay...right

You bashed someone for working a Convention and that's the reason her kids did not get into UF...Oh but YOURS did. Oh that woman was/is highly successful. It was not only her kids but others.

Go back and read.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It's the system...right
You're okay...right
Yours are okay...right

You bashed someone for working a Convention and that's the reason her kids did not get into UF...Oh but YOURS did. Oh that woman was/is highly successful. It was not only her kids but others.

Go back and read.
People make choices about their careers, how to parent, and how the two are intertwined. Choices can have consequences.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Your post got me wondering: when was the last time Tinerc actually beat UF in the Swamp. I knew it had been a while, but it was longer ago than I remembered: 2003. They really have sucked for a long time.

I believe it was in 2004. The game was played in November because of the 4 hurricanes that crossed Florida that year. I believe T Martin was their q back and their running back Travis somebody ran it down our throats. Some bad referee calls too. Tickets were selling for over $400.00 at the game. I took my son and a friend of his.

Update: The game I was remembering was actually December 1, 2001. The qb was Clausen and the running back was Travis Stephens. It is a painful memory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.