Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turns out he’s taking a poll on favorite license plates.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I cuuunt hear you over the slurp slurp slurp slurp.
Can't spell Donkey, Ohio, loser or coward without an O. Now hitch up your thermal long underwear and your snow britches and give it another shot.

FOR THE RECORD: You are NEVER going to criticize or badmouth the UF Administration, Stricklin, Ox or anyone else over their involvement in, or their support for, the decision to offer the job to Napier and not Kiffen, right Bucky?

And you 100% fully support that decision yourself, correct?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The key is to not listen to idiots…well at least try. Otherwise no one would be listening.

I am very positive about this hire. If successful, other teams may do likewise and allow small program coaches to make the leap. I am tired of the same names with the same results...Like Politics

On a side note: This is the approach "minority coaches" need to take...Not what ESPN is trying to force on us. If you can coach, recruit, and are not some reprobate...let's see what you can do.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am very positive about this hire. If successful, other teams may do likewise and allow small program coaches to make the leap. I am tired of the same names with the same results...Like Politics

On a side note: This is the approach "minority coaches" need to take...Not what ESPN is trying to force on us. If you can coach, recruit, and are not some reprobate...let's see what you can do.
He’s our coach so he has my support. I’m more concerned with him getting and utilizing back office support on recruiting and player financial/skill development. We need to allocate resources to the players.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I still have my anti-Kiffen game day shirt when he was UT coach. I could never see hiring the guy who bragged how great it was going to be to sing Rocky Top at the swamp after they beat us. FYI they got their ass handed to them.
Your post got me wondering: when was the last time Tinerc actually beat UF in the Swamp. I knew it had been a while, but it was longer ago than I remembered: 2003. They really have sucked for a long time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your post got me wondering: when was the last time Tinerc actually beat UF in the Swamp. I knew it had been a while, but it was longer ago than I remembered: 2003. They really have sucked for a long time.

I was at that game using an industry buddy’s seat in the Bull Gator box. I’ve never heard as much cursing as the second half of that loss.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Don’t disagree on the talent and I believe that in any other time in history you’d be right. LSU’s current roster sucks, though, and their fan base is impatient. Their rebuild is going to resemble ours in a lot of ways. I revel in their woes.
Ahhh... "talent in La"... not "TALENT" in La... I thought he meant something else, apparently Coach O did too...

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Can't spell Donkey, Ohio, loser or coward without an O. Now hitch up your thermal long underwear and your snow britches and give it another shot.

FOR THE RECORD: You are NEVER going to criticize or badmouth the UF Administration, Stricklin, Ox or anyone else over their involvement in, or their support for, the decision to offer the job to Napier and not Kiffen, right Bucky?

And you 100% fully support that decision yourself, correct?
THIRTY MINUTES without a Donk post!!

Somebody get ahold of the Guinness person!

No, not the guy from the Book of World Records -- the bartender! Tell him I'll have another pint while we're waiting. :waiting:

how-to-pour-the-perfect-pint-of-guinness_.gif

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Had what lined up exactly? To be rejected by Jimbo then Riley then Aranda and then have option number 4 hired by Florida? What kind of wizardry is LSU trying to pull, their reaching Tenn levels of embarrassment.

Why don't you just wait...Tue or Wed. Riley did not want the SEC.

And why are you so concerned? If LSU is so bad...It only helps UF.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Why don't you just wait...Tue or Wed. Riley did not want the SEC.

And why are you so concerned? If LSU is so bad...It only helps UF.

Concerned :lol:, why the fuchs would I be concerned? You said LSU had everything lined up before they fired coach O and I'm not disagreeing that they did because I have no idea. I'm just saying if they did indeed have everything lined up over 45 days ago then they're really bad at it.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
This was the 2015 Alabama staff:

FFTU0qwVUAArp7Y

Let's hope Sling Blade can put together a crew like that one -- with Kiffin, Smart, Tucker, Cristobal and Napier, there were five future P5 head coaches on that staff, not including Saban himself. No wonder they won the National Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.