Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Short passing game is non-existent. Play calls are not "affecting" the defenses linebackers at all...causing more eyes in the box on first and second downs.. and lower yards per carry. When passing.. always third and long.. longer developing routes, against teams in nickel cov, leads to tough sledding for an average QB, and a young def line. This is Pop Warner stuff! We MUST develop a short passing game for early downs.. using backs, slants, TE rtes...anything to affect the LB's and back them off the LOS for a bit... COME ON MAN! Easy stuff here
I like this guy already.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Running backs ran strong, defense was stellar, and the O-Line played strong.

Play calling was again garbage. QB is average. This could be ok, but the play calling is just God awful with no rhythm.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
  • In other rival news, F$U lost a see saw against Clemson at home. Listened to it on the radio while driving back and heard Nole color anal-yst, William Floyd blame the refs for "taking the game" from the Noles! Read this morning that Jimbo concurs. So I guess we can add their game to a long list of where they didn't actually lose, but got cheated. What a bunch of "Maroons," as Bugs Bunny would say! Noles gonna Nole.
Loved the reference
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...EDCB7F8053A88A8D1387EDCB7F8053A88A8&FORM=VIRE

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Question -

How did we hold them to such low rushing (UGA 19/21, Chubb 9/20)? I saw plenty of pressure on passing plays, and Eason bought time for a few completions. But did UGA give up on the run early, or never really try it? Or was the DL that imposing to be able to control gaps and wrap tackles near the LOS?

Not looking past ARK, but considering we ought to see a healthy LF7 (and Guice), what does the UGA game tell us about the LSU matchup of running game vs our D? Was the UGA game more of their play calling or our performance? I'd fully expect we would give even MORE attention to LSU's running game and force them to pass, given Etling is likely less of a passing threat than Eason.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Question -

How did we hold them to such low rushing (UGA 19/21, Chubb 9/20)? I saw plenty of pressure on passing plays, and Eason bought time for a few completions. But did UGA give up on the run early, or never really try it? Or was the DL that imposing to be able to control gaps and wrap tackles near the LOS?

Not looking past ARK, but considering we ought to see a healthy LF7 (and Guice), what does the UGA game tell us about the LSU matchup of running game vs our D? Was the UGA game more of their play calling or our performance? I'd fully expect we would give even MORE attention to LSU's running game and force them to pass, given Etling is likely less of a passing threat than Eason.
I think that our front seven played pretty well, but I also think that UGA's OL isn't very good either. Still, it was the WLOCP and we took care of business. Take out the losses for sacks and their rush total is a little better, but we still negated the rush. Chubb, who the Dawgs I work with told me was back at pretty much full strength after his injury, didn't look fully committed to me. But maybe it had to do with running into the pile with not much daylight pretty often. I try to keep games like this in perspective, we aren't great IMO and they're even worse off, but we should all be glad to get the W and hope we get a little better (and stay healthy) as we wind down through the schedule.

As to the question about Fournette, we better hit him with more than one defender or the semi's going to kill all the roosters! As you mention, I think the cook book would say "make their QB beat you!" If the secondary is solid, this will be our best bet IMO.

images

These guys need to be big as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.