Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-Those who went to the game can attest to the fact that it was HOT AS HELL. I had about 6 beers, 2 Gatorades, two bottles of water and a Coke yet peed only once all day. I was in the East stands with the sun all game and people were dropping like flies. It definitely had an effect on the Kentucky players. They were dragging by the end of the first quarter.
Very true. I made a comment, to friends here watching the game, at how wet Stoops' hat was from sweat. You could clearly see the one little dry patch as the rest was discolored including the cardboard bill. The Umps white hat was seethrough it was so wet.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-Those who went to the game can attest to the fact that it was HOT AS HELL...

I'm in the shade, and it was still hot as hell. I can't imagine East stands yesterday. I was ok with my daughter leaving at halftime.

A woman two seats to my right got overheated, and projectile vomited on about 5 people in front of her. She had apparently just won a competitive eating contest, because she launched about 5 gallons of puke like a rainbird sprinkler. The guy she hit the worst peeled of his $90 jersey and just left it in the seat.

It was hot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the shade, and it was still hot as hell. I can't imagine East stands yesterday. I was ok with my daughter leaving at halftime.

A woman two seats to my right got overheated, and projectile vomited on about 5 people in front of her. She had apparently just won a competitive eating contest, because she launched about 5 gallons of puke like a rainbird sprinkler. The guy she hit the worst peeled of his $90 jersey and just left it in the seat.

It was hot.
That's flat-out nasty.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That is nasty. We have been to several that we thought we were going to have to leave but always stuck it out.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's flat-out nasty.

It was horrific. They took her to the care center, and unbelievably about an hour later she came back with a new shirt and and started rooting the Gators as if nothing had happened. I didn't know whether I should be disgusted or impressed.

I opted for impressed. I did leave a gap for "We are the boys..." though.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It was horrific. They took her to the care center, and unbelievably about an hour later she came back with a new shirt and and started rooting the Gators as if nothing had happened. I didn't know whether I should be disgusted or impressed.

I opted for impressed. I did leave a gap for "We are the boys..." though.
I don't care about her, it was horrific for the people she puked on. Did THEY stay at the game?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care about her, it was horrific for the people she puked on. Did THEY stay at the game?

Lol - nope. There was a 10 foot radius of empty seats for the rest of the game. Maintenance came and put sawdust all over the place. It was a war zone.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lol - nope. There was a 10 foot radius of empty seats for the rest of the game. Maintenance came and put sawdust all over the place. It was a war zone.
:lol:

Where are your seats? What section?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sec 7, Row 71. Just look for the crime scene tape.
Nice.

And I will say Sas and I both commented yesterday we were grateful for the AC bc we could see our seats were in the sun the entire game. Would have been brutal.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We've come a long way in a week if our complaints are that the QB made a few ill advised passes (as if that didn't happen with EVERY top 25 QB yesterday), that ONLY four WRs caught a pass (but NINE players caught a pass) and that Eddie kicked a ball out of bounds (when backed up 15 yds)... ;) Did anyone mention that we only punted ONCE, in the FOURTH quarter with backups in, and it only went 54 yds? That sucked too! ;)
Slight correction, the kick out of bounds was on a normal kickoff. He kicked it down to about the 7 or 8 on the one when he was backed up 15 yards.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Oh man; I always miss all the fun!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am re watching the game and just saw that pass to Callaway and what a beautiful throw that was. Dropped in over his shoulder at full gallop. Just so nice to see that again. I could watch it over and over.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Re: EP
Most kickers get to college with a history of being reliable up to 45 yards but EP doesn't have any history. He might miss a few "short" 45 yarders but he's gonna give us 55+ yarders that we otherwise wouldn't attempt. I'm just hoping that he gets a chance to break the record at some point. But don't expect him to be automatic.
Re: LDR
I see upside and saw some throws that I didn't think he was capable of making. I saw some touch and I saw at least one rope. The good news is it looks like he's improving. Hopefully he gets a better eye for the guys that are also open further down field.
Re: RB's
The cut MT made on that TD run was a thing of beauty. I'm surprised Pee-rine got so many touches especially considering it looked like Thompson/Scarlett locked up #1/2. I can only assume that the coaches are really liking what they see in practice.
Re: Receivers
Callaway is the real deal as we've known. The way he ran to that bomb, collected it, and stayed on his feet is something we haven't seen in forever. Apparently Powell has some improvement to make in route running which is something to look forward to. I'm really hoping for Swain/Worton/Cleveland to step up as an option to Callaway.
Re: OL
Do we know anything yet? Maybe had they played better against UMass we could say we've turned the corner. Let's get some more reps next week and then UTenn will tell us what we've got.

And finally. I listened to Mick call the game via internet. He was delayed maybe a second but it was one helluva a lot better than listening to the call on TV. I partially tune out the announcers during a play anyway as I process it with my brain then Mick just confirms what I saw. I actually got used to it after a while and didn't notice the delay. I say give it a shot.

edit: I thought it was Powell that ran the route wrong on the INT but it was Worton.

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really happy with the game ...and the lovely attitudes of all of our 'fanatics.' It will be a nice week here in the psycho-ward. :eek3:

I'm concerned about both of our lines against elite competition. As G8trwood said, I was concerned about our DL, or at least our run defense, in the first half. We'll see against better teams.

One thing that will skew all of these statistics is ToP. :bob: We had the ball 2x as long as they did in the first half and 37:26 to 22:34 for the game. That exacerbated the effects of the sun on their defense and magnifies their ineptitude on offense - because the didn't have many opportunities.

...as for Danielson, there must be a bunch of people who think criticizing someone makes you sound knowledgeable, cause Danielson is really good at what he does. Verne probably won't be missed, but Danielson is great!

I said already that the picks from Wilson and Tabor were both unreal and that has to demoralize a QB. I'm ready to see the personal fouls end.

Bring on our next opponent!

:chomp: :chomp:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MT
Runs too upright and takes unneccesary hits in the chest. He took a few shots that I thought would knock him back but he got back up.

It was nice seeing the D-Line play as many guys as they did.

LDR
He seems to get tired of the check down and throws into coverage. A couple of throws, he had open guys and threw into coverage.

UT & UGA
Our two biggest opponents in the east look very beatable when we are clicking.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I am re watching the game and just saw that pass to Callaway and what a beautiful throw that was. Dropped in over his shoulder at full gallop. Just so nice to see that again. I could watch it over and over.

My wife and I were in Section 1, Row 4 in the West Stands on about the 20. He caught that sucker right in front of us. It was beautiful. He dug in and really motored to get under that throw.

Tabor's INT was really close to us too. Real easy to appreciate the extra level these guys bring to the game watching it live.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
So, seriously, is it "Pee-rine" or "Puh-rine"? Also, "Anzalone-e" or Anzalone"?

Were those just two examples of CBS mispronouncing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator