Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Missouri

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need to start with the offense and the play calling.

The play action pass is slowing the plays down and let's the defense jump the routes. Oh, and since we cannot run, they look ridiculous. Thomas Goldcamp tweeted that he loved the play action pass with 22 seconds left in the game.

The reason we have a dual threat QB in the game is to add a new dimension to the offense. If you don't use it, you might as well put Franks back in there. On a 3rd and 2 and you put Perine in as a wildcat QB, you waste a play and a series. Everyone knows he is going to run and the defense has time to stack 11 guys in the box. The result - another punt.

Please fire NUSS before the next game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover you nailed it and it was a piss poor effort. CeCe (SheShe) was at the top of that list. It was an abomination and I am totally surprised at his effort. Your Tom Petty reference was not only great, but spot on. UF's program is in the toilet. Any coach worth his salt comes in here and he'll have nowhere to go but up. I suffered through the entire game as you did. I really can't wait to Mizzou to come to G'ville next year.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
We need to start with the offense and the play calling.

The play action pass is slowing the plays down and let's the defense jump the routes. Oh, and since we cannot run, they look ridiculous. Thomas Goldcamp tweeted that he loved the play action pass with 22 seconds left in the game.

The reason we have a dual threat QB in the game is to add a new dimension to the offense. If you don't use it, you might as well put Franks back in there. On a 3rd and 2 and you put Perine in as a wildcat QB, you waste a play and a series. Everyone knows he is going to run and the defense has time to stack 11 guys in the box. The result - another punt.

Please fire NUSS before the next game.

And take Nord with him..

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting comment attributed to Cubb during the Ga game, that practices are so tough that they cannot even enjoy a win.

Now that's what I'm talkng about. No hugs, coddling or bbq, just tough nosed football
Let me share a Sunday School story that relates:

The animals on Farmer Brown's spread were meeting in the barn to plan a breakfast to celebrate the good treatment they had received from their owner. The horse was the chairman and called the meeting to order. After determining the time and place, the horse asked that they decide on a menu based on what could be provided from within. He asked for volunteers. The chicken piped up and said "no breakfast would be complete without eggs" and she promised to provide all they needed. Next, the cow spoke up and said "we'll need milk and I'll get us all we can drink!" The horse adjusted his glasses and looked over the list. "Eggs and milk...looks good so far, but what about ham and bacon? It just wouldn't be a proper breakfast without ham and bacon!" With that, all the animals' eyes became focused on the pig!

That Saturday, the animals enjoyed a fine time of fellowship and breakfast that featured eggs, milk, ham, and bacon. On Sunday, they all paid their respects at the pig's funeral. The moral is that all the other animals contributed, but only the pig was really COMMITTED!

Kirby is coaching the pigs. I'm not sure how many of them we actually have. Farmer Jim was obviously a vegan.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Add this to the Petty playlist:

I Won't Back Down - I didn't leave early for the 27 years I had season tickets and it's easier to sit through them in the recliner. Even though I was displeased with our overall effort today, the players play for 60 minutes, so the least I can do is watch, cheer, cuss, drink, sing "We Are The Boys," eat some wings, cheer, drink some more, yell at the TV, then put Bits & Pieces together. Of course, more beer has been needed at this point this season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How about “The Waiting is the Hardest Part” when it comes to hiring a new coach?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've never seen a Gator team that I couldn't even name some corrections needed?? The whole program seems gone? Damn Foley, damn Mcelwain, damn Nuss and the "slack plague" they've brought in. I can find no spot to build hope upon - just lost? Wait 'til next year has a hollow ring this early in the season.

Athos

Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen a Gator team that I couldn't even name some corrections needed?? The whole program seems gone? Damn Foley, damn Mcelwain, damn Nuss and the "slack plague" they've brought in. I can find no spot to build hope upon - just lost? Wait 'til next year has a hollow ring this early in the season.

ZomboMeme 04112017190207.jpg

But on a serious note... The dark lord above left the Gators in worse shape than any other coach in my lifetime. Its atrocious... I can't believe Foley hired this moron.

Wait... No... It's Foley. I think he secretly hates the Gators and enjoys watching the football program flounder.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know, Rog. I always hated that phrase and it always got brought up by our rivals. But looks like we're there...again. I tell myself it'll be just that much sweeter when we get back to better performance. Then I have another beer. McElwain's tenure should be retitled "The Enemy Within," co-starring Foley. I have lost about all the respect I had for our former AD. The other sports being built up is great, but what he has helped do to Florida football is beyond ridiculous.

View attachment 7680

But on a serious note... The dark lord above left the Gators in worse shape than any other coach in my lifetime. Its atrocious... I can't believe Foley hired this moron.

Wait... No... It's Foley. I think he secretly hates the Gators and enjoys watching the football program flounder.
Agreed about McElwain. Never seen such a mess. Totally unfit and unqualified to captain the ship. Kinda like the guy that ran the oil tanker aground several years back. As to your line about Foley, his hiring decisions make you wonder in this direction. When I ADed in high school, there were always a bunch of supporters of the minor sports that hated football. Of course they had no problem with football bringing in the financial resources to keep their sports going. Who knows, JF may secretly be in that camp? If so, it might be one of the worst kept secrets ever. His refusal to upgrade football facilities rings rather loudly.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Let me share a Sunday School story that relates:

The animals on Farmer Brown's spread were meeting in the barn to plan a breakfast to celebrate the good treatment they had received from their owner. The horse was the chairman and called the meeting to order. After determining the time and place, the horse asked that they decide on a menu based on what could be provided from within. He asked for volunteers. The chicken piped up and said "no breakfast would be complete without eggs" and she promised to provide all they needed. Next, the cow spoke up and said "we'll need milk and I'll get us all we can drink!" The horse adjusted his glasses and looked over the list. "Eggs and milk...looks good so far, but what about ham and bacon? It just wouldn't be a proper breakfast without ham and bacon!" With that, all the animals' eyes became focused on the pig!

That Saturday, the animals enjoyed a fine time of fellowship and breakfast that featured eggs, milk, ham, and bacon. On Sunday, they all paid their respects at the pig's funeral. The moral is that all the other animals contributed, but only the pig was really COMMITTED!

Kirby is coaching the pigs. I'm not sure how many of them we actually have. Farmer Jim was obviously a vegan.
We need a winner winner chicken dinner button!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is unprecedented and absolutely absurd to me............
My dad and I both fell asleep during the 2nd quarter. We both woke during halftime and were happy to have napped. WTF!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My dad and I both fell asleep during the 2nd quarter. We both woke during halftime and were happy to have napped. WTF!
I suspect you guys weren't alone yesterday. It's a sad stretch we're in. Gotta come out of the tunnel soon. Need a good guy to lead us for a change.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:

If it makes you feel any better, Nord did the same.

5075505.png

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said before, the 0-10-1 team played with more heart and energy trying to win then anything these Mac and sulking post Mac teams... this team is not even a patch on the jersey of that 0-10-1 team... that was a sad testimony yesterday of being a collegiate P5 player let alone some simple pride for your University. Our "Patton" can't get here quick enough to round up the weeds on this team. Go Gators!

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a junior writer here, I'm adding a Tom Petty playlist to the thread. That's what the pros do, correct?

Yer So Bad - our O, our D, our Spec Teams, etc.

Even The Losers (Get Lucky Some Time) - Missouri, but they were just better, not necessarily lucky.

You Wrecked Me - Yeah, Tigers, you. And you, too, Butters.

You Don't Know How It Feels (To Be Me) - Seems that way, but really Gator fans, you do know and have known for a while

I Should Have Known It - ...Should've seen it coming!

Forgive me.

Two more:

Free Fallin - The correlation is obvious, and the reason ...

Don't Come Around Here No More - Butters, Nuss and Nord ... heck the entire coaching staff from where I stand

No forgiveness required

:cool:

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Need to change the name from Bits and Pieces to Byches and Pussies until further notice. What a disaster.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Need to change the name from Bits and Pieces to Byches and Pussies until further notice. What a disaster.
I'll do what I can with the thread. Maybe channel my inner Silky John-ston? As for the disaster, which was Jim McElwain...like watching either a wreck or an approaching tidal wave in slow motion, that is until these last two weeks where it came at us like a runaway train

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Every damned one of the players that got suspended should NOT be reinstated. Period. Let them go thug out somewhere else. It also gives that new hire we make an extra handful of schollys to get the players THEY want in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.