Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. North Texas

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even with LDR not hurt, we are weak at qb. Again. Still.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Del Rio out Tenn is going to really stack the box to stop the run. AA is going to have to hit some passes. Maybe some play action and go deep early to soften that D

I fully agree with the last sentence. I think this coaching staff has confidence in its playcalling. If they think they can attack Tennessee with the deep ball, they'll do it regardless who's calling signals. And better to do it when Tennessee isn't expecting it to keep them flat on their feet.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way Ivie should have been ejected. Bogus call that I think SEC officials realized after the fact.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That could have been the quietest 250+ rushing yard performance I've ever seen from a team. Maybe it was the fact that we used four guys to get it, maybe it was the fact that we kept getting stoned in the red zone, maybe it was the fact that we couldn't run off tackle to save the world from destruction if we wanted to. But how did we end up with that many yards?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It was also the quietest 470+ yards of total offense ever. It didn't seem that way at all.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That could have been the quietest 250+ rushing yard performance I've ever seen from a team. Maybe it was the fact that we used four guys to get it, maybe it was the fact that we kept getting stoned in the red zone, maybe it was the fact that we couldn't run off tackle to save the world from destruction if we wanted to. But how did we end up with that many yards?

We went almost 100% run in the 4th quarter and UNT was giving up the ghost at that point. Thompson got the lion's share of his yards then.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was also the quietest 470+ yards of total offense ever. It didn't seem that way at all.

Last week was way better but it didn't seem like it was a crazy offensive explosion despite all the yards. Maybe its because so many of the yards came off dink and dunk type passing plays. It reminds me a little of the 2014 season where our offense was doing good the first 3 games out of the gate.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have the # 1 total defense and the # 1 scoring defense now.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
All the penalties and play stoppages really killed the flow of this game.

Just seemed to kill whatever crowd was there.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The title could have been Meh Norte Tejas, Somewhat disappointing we didn't dominate them offensively as easily as we did KY. Seems either Mac doesn't want to show much against shiatty teams and keeps it vanilla or once again we are playing down to the other team. The defense did their part, a couple of bogus PI calls, but overall, pure domination. I expect the same against the vols. If we can win there with Driskel , Treon and the chimp as a coach, I have faith that Mac can pull it off.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our offense without Callaway is like a Maserati with 4 flat tires.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just read that the 53 yards we allowed was the fewest in school history.

Not bad, side hat.
Yeah its against terrible offenses, but most teams have played three Baby Seals also.

We are off to great start on D. Lbs could be the best in the nation if injuries don't strike us. DTs have been serviceable. Those were the concerns before the season. I still fear how they will look vs good OLs or if we have injuries there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.