Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Soggy ham sammich over boiled peanuts

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
YES!!!! Sometimes I go with plain salty goodness. And sometimes I go spicy Cajun. They're ALL delicious!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Omg yes. I love making them in a crock pot with beer, cayenne, Texas Pete and whatever other hot and spicy ingredients I have on hand.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Those are one of the nastiest things that humans eat. Mrs. Nalt absolutely loves them but I can't stand them. I think I'd rather eat a salted slug than boiled peanuts. :barfaway:
Oddly enough it’s probably very similar to a boiled salted slug. A deliciously seasoned boiled salted slug. But I’ve never tried a slug.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Those are one of the nastiest things that humans eat. Mrs. Nalt absolutely loves them but I can't stand them. I think I'd rather eat a salted slug than boiled peanuts. :barfaway:
Snob!! :lol3:

noel escargot GIF by franceinfo

Attachments

• 1671205931439.gif
    1671205931439.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Oddly enough it’s probably very similar to a boiled salted slug. A deliciously seasoned boiled salted slug. But I’ve never tried a slug.
I can imagine a boiled salted slug might be about the same as boiled peanuts only softer... :barfaway:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Love 'em and the memories associated with them Stopping on the road to buy bag of boiled peanuts while traveling to see relatives. Going up in the country to buy fresh peanuts to boil (trying to make boiled peanuts out of the roasted things you get at the grocery store won't work). They have to be soaked and slow boiled most of the day and then soaked afterward. A 12 hour process. Never thought of using a slow cooker. Good idea.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Love 'em and the memories associated with them Stopping on the road to buy bag of boiled peanuts while traveling to see relatives. Going up in the country to buy fresh peanuts to boil (trying to make boiled peanuts out of the roasted things you get at the grocery store won't work). They have to be soaked and slow boiled most of the day and then soaked afterward. A 12 hour process. Never thought of using a slow cooker. Good idea.
Yep. You have to use raw peanuts.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Used to love them, but got food poisoning from a batch I bought in the GA mountains about 16 years ago and haven’t been able to eat them since

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely love them.

When I lived in Philly, I had my mom overnight a huge box of green ones and I boiled them for friends up there. They had absolutely no idea what to make of them. Pretty funny coming from the land of scrapple.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m trying to be nice when I say that if you don’t like boiled peanuts then you’re a waste of human flesh.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely love them. We used to stop on the side of the road (just outside Camp Blanding) and get a couple bags before every home game. That dude made a fortune.

My Dad would also make them. They have to be green peanuts, as Brad said. People out here don’t know what to make of them. My Dad and I thought about setting up a stand at UNR games but no one will ship them out here (peanut allergies).

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I lived in Middleburg quite a few years back.
I bought a lot of peanuts, on the way to Gainesville from that dude!

They do go really well with beer.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Gas stations on the way to the beach or in southern Ga do it best. Maybe it’s because they never change out the water. :lol:
Some of those guys used sea water. Saved on buying salt and added a robust aroma to the peanuts. Which may explain the food poisoning mentioned above.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Gas stations on the way to the beach or in southern Ga do it best. Maybe it’s because they never change out the water. :lol:
My wife introduced me to boiled peanuts when we were dating.
Before we were even somewhat successful, early in our marriage, we would go to the Romona Blvd Flea Market
Nearly every Sunday morning.
(Jacksonville, off I -10 and Lane Ave)

A vendor there had , what he called, “Texas” Boiled Peanuts.
They were the biggest damn peanuts I’ve ever had.
He had to cook them for days to get them tender and full of salt.

Never had any that big since then.
It was about 1986 or so when he moved his stand over to beach Blvd., then eventually, we couldn’t find him anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.