Braxton Miller to UF?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n147524 said:
If Braxton Miller wants to transfer to UF, it would be foolish to turn him away. Period. Buckeye or not, when healthy, the guy is one of the best college QBs in the country
This.

The guy was a heisman candidate. How hard would it be to incorporate a little read option into the offense? I think this a long shot but I'd take Miller in a heartbeat

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm with Meathead about this. The guy is a below avg. passer. If we're looking for a running back to run the wildcat every play I'm fine with letting Taylor do it. Meyer hasn't missed a beat when Miller went down. In fact the second and now the third string QB's are performing better. That's why Braxton wants to leave. He knows he can't win his job back. Bottom line is Meyer's system is plug and play. I g hink Ox could look like an all-American at OSU. Sorry, but please stay away Braxton.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n147521 said:
Are you now trying to say champ knew how to evaluate QB talent?
I'm saying I wouldn't I wouldn't put all my hope in a skinny kid that hasn't played any kind of real football. I don't know if you noticed but treon is not very good. I'd like to see these guys pushed by a proven qb

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Would you rather potentially have:
A) Grier/Francois or
B)Miller?
I assume Mac is smarter than to answer B

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'll trade a Jeff Drskel for Braxton Miller anyday of the week. Lets be real, Braxton is proven and has been successful while Grier and Harris are unknowns.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;147560 said:
I'm saying I wouldn't I wouldn't put all my hope in a skinny kid that hasn't played any kind of real football. I don't know if you noticed but treon is not very good. I'd like to see these guys pushed by a proven qb
You must be lying because you are stuttering

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n147557 said:
I'm with Meathead about this. The guy is a below avg. passer. If we're looking for a running back to run the wildcat every play I'm fine with letting Taylor do it. Meyer hasn't missed a beat when Miller went down. In fact the second and now the third string QB's are performing better. That's why Braxton wants to leave. He knows he can't win his job back. Bottom line is Meyer's system is plug and play. I g hink Ox could look like an all-American at OSU. Sorry, but please stay away Braxton.
What do we have that's better ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147561 said:
Would you rather potentially have:
A) Grier/Francois or
B)Miller?
I assume Mac is smarter than to answer B

francois is nole ,he's not gonna flip.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;147574 said:
francois is nole ,he's not gonna flip.
If he visits I would give him a chance. Noles have two other QBs in this class from what I hear. Mac needs to be building toward the future with his grace period

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps some of y'all need to be reminded, we are dangerously thin at QB. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147579 said:
If he visits I would give him a chance. Noles have two other QBs in this class from what I hear. Mac needs to be building toward the future with his grace period

reading his last interview wasn't very promising . Then he was chopping after he he threw the td at the under armor game. It's just not looking good with him. I definitely hope Mac pushes for him though

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because we wont be running the Qb One Man Band Offense.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Swamp Queen;n147586 said:
Why not take "the best quarterback" Urban has ever coached?
He was Urban's best until Barrett took over. And Barrett was the best until Jones took over.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Braxton Miller is adamant about being a QB even though if he has any future in football beyond college it would be an a non-QB. With that said even though he is a great athlete, since he is adamant about playing the position of QB, I am 100% against this b/c we have a brand new coach and I would rather play a guy with zero experience and try to develop him for a longer period of time than to try and find a potential one year stop gap and be right back to developing a guy the folowing year. let the new staff start anew.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not understanding how some of you guys are so sold on grier. He hasn't played a down yet. I'm not saying he's not the man. But I damn sure wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator