Braxton Miller to UF?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147621 said:
You aren't seeing the point. If Grier leaves from a bandaid, one year, 9-3 at best pick up, then we are set years back. It's not about what's best for Russell Wilson or Braxton Miller, it's what's best for a rebuilding Florida Gators team. I would take one rough year of Grier getting real experience then kicking ass the next three years than one year of Braxton followed by at least two years of unknown.

No, my friend. YOU aren't seeing the point. The pros outweigh the cons. With decent offensive line play and a healthy Braxton Miller, we're immediately a Championship caliber team, especially with our defense. If we have a great season with Miller at the helm, win the SEC, and/or possibly make it to the College Football playoff, the buzz around the program would be tremendous. We'd easily have a top 5 recruiting class after a year like that and we'd definitely end up with a big time prospect at QB. Also, you're assuming that we wouldn't take another QB this year if we took Miller. The bottom line is, Grier is a total unknown (he could be another Driskel) and Harris has played some, but still unknown IMO. Any QB that wants to come here and compete should be welcomed. It's even more of a luxury if that QB is a leader and has a proven track record.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorSkin;147629 said:
Grier would still have 3 years left and be better prepared to start after Miller left, why would he transfer?
Better prepared for what? Let me get this straight; two years from now you think Grier performs better getting most of his reps against our second team in practice and in a few minutes of mop up duty over the course of the season against lesser teams' second stringers than he would against actual teams and the majority of his practice reps with our first team?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've finally reached the point that Finkle needs to be banned for a while.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, most important, we've had QBs trained by poor coaching.? ('til now.) Braxton Miller must have had decent QB coaching to be expected in the Heisman contest. If Mac's offense is just right for a Grier-QB, then Miller could be back up (injury). But Mac could decide Miller is right for Mac's offense ?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
heversle;147631 said:
With decent offensive line play and a healthy Braxton Miller, we're immediately a Championship caliber team, especially with our defense. If we have a great season with Miller at the helm, win the SEC, and/or possibly make it to the College Football playoff, the buzz around the program would be tremendous.
Yes, the mighty Braxton is going to lead us to the promise land by magically improving our depth issues at linebacker, offensive line, and tightend positions. You are living in a fantasy world bro. He's a system qb in a weak league with superior talent around him. He may be a decent to good qb, but if you think he has those kind of numbers playing in the sec you are :crazy:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;147633 said:
I think we've finally reached the point that Finkle needs to be banned for a while.
Because I don't agree? No personal attacks other than the crazy emote and saying fantasy land. If that's what you wanna do that's fine, id at least like to know the crime I committed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147637 said:
Because I don't agree? No personal attacks other than the crazy emote and saying fantasy land. If that's what you wanna do that's fine, id at least like to know the crime I committed
Just kidding, man. You used to have a sense of humor. What happened?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If being my friend is a crime then you're guilty as charged!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147636 said:
Yes, the mighty Braxton is going to lead us to the promise land by magically improving our depth issues at linebacker, offensive line, and tightend positions. You are living in a fantasy world bro. He's a system qb in a weak league with superior talent around him. He may be a decent to good qb, but if you think he has those kind of numbers playing in the sec you are :crazy:

Our defense will be very good next year and the tight end position is overrated. Yes, we are low on numbers on the offensive line, but Summers has proven to be a good coach and our starting 5 should be OK. We have a lot of unproven guys on both sides of the ball, but there is a lot of talent on the roster. Miller won't improve the depth of our team, but often times, teams play a lot better when they believe in the abilities of the guy under center. Stop it with the "he won't put up those kind of numbers in the SEC" argument. I know you don't want to admit it, but the kid is a good QB. If Manziel could put up big numbers in this conference, I don't see why Miller wouldn't be able to either. He's a better athlete and just as good of a passer.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
if Braxton transfers to uf it is not a bad thing, if he great he can help us, if he is sorry like some think he will never play a down, only one spot on the rooster for one year, no big deal

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the bright side. If Miller plays, we can always just get Grier another medical redshirt for hang nails and toothaches. Four years of eligibility left!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147644 said:
On second thought I'll take that vacation. Bye Felcia! :bananawave:
Lmao love the Friday reference dude!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
heversle;147645 said:
Our defense will be very good next year and the tight end position is overrated. Yes, we are low on numbers on the offensive line, but Summers has proven to be a good coach and our starting 5 should be OK. We have a lot of unproven guys on both sides of the ball, but there is a lot of talent on the roster. Miller won't improve the depth of our team, but often times, teams play a lot better when they believe in the abilities of the guy under center. Stop it with the "he won't put up those kind of numbers in the SEC" argument. I know you don't want to admit it, but the kid is a good QB. If Manziel could put up big numbers in this conference, I don't see why Miller wouldn't be able to either. He's a better athlete and just as good of a passer.
I never said he wasn't a good qb, I just don't think he's that great. In fact I think good is exactly what he is. I'm sorry, I just don't think one piece is going to suddenly get us an sec championship win like you do. I would much rather see Grier learn against what he is going to be going up against so the following year he is in complete control of the team and has a full season to learn on the job. John Brantley occasionally got mop up duty behind Tebow and he looked great. When it was his time though...

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;147650 said:
Lmao love the Friday reference dude!
:lol: I made a comment the other day in the lounge that I was going to start using that every time someone got banned. Turns out I was the first one I had to use it on :alone:

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147652 said:
I never said he wasn't a good qb, I just don't think he's that great. In fact I think good is exactly what he is. I'm sorry, I just don't think one piece is going to suddenly get us an sec championship win like you do. I would much rather see Grier learn against what he is going to be going up against so the following year he is on complete control of the team and has a full season to learn on the job. John Brantley occasionally got mop up duty behind Tebow and he looked great. When it was his time though...

Why are you assuming that Grier is going to beat out Harris? Do you know something we don't? You're putting a lot of stock in a kid who you've only seen play against high school competition. I hope he's good, but again, we have no clue what kind of QB he is.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
if we have the first two qbs go down like 2013, it would be good to know we had quality depth at qb

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
heversle;147657 said:
Why are you assuming that Grier is going to beat out Harris? Do you know something we don't? You're putting a lot of stock in a kid who you've only seen play against high school competition. I hope he's good, but again, we have no clue what kind of QB he is.
I will bet you one GatorChatter koozie, three packs of Bazooka bubble gum, and a keyboard necktie Grier will beat out Harris

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We just got done dealing with a mangy UGA Dawg crapping on the program for four years, we don't need a Leyer plant to come in and continue it for another year.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147660 said:
I will bet you one GatorChatter koozie, three packs of Bazooka bubble gum, and a keyboard necktie Grier will beat out Harris

Ooh! Way too rich of a bet for my blood. Maybe if you lower the stakes a little bit, I might take you up on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator