Braxton Miller to UF?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n147599 said:
With that said even though he is a great athlete, since he is adamant about playing the position of QB, I am 100% against this
Oh. Well, if you're against it, then case closed. Won't happen.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
FireFoley;147599 said:
I would rather play a guy with zero experience and try to develop him for a longer period of time than to try and find a potential one year stop gap and be right back to developing a guy the folowing year. let the new staff start anew.
:exactly:
I don't know why this is hard for some to compute. Not only this but you run the risk or running off Grier (who by the way made Ermon Lane look better than the Theft Out West). Common sense folks.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n147600 said:
I'm not understanding how some of you guys are so sold on grier. He hasn't played a down yet. I'm not saying he's not the man. But I damn sure wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

We haven't had a QB in six years and now nobody wants a heisman candidate at QB for 1 year while the very young inexperienced guys learn Mac's system.

That makes perfect sense!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorSkin;147605 said:
We haven't had a QB in six years and now nobody wants a heisman candidate at QB for 1 year while the very young inexperienced guys learn Mac's system. That makes perfect sense!
Totally forgot Miller knows Mac's system too. My bad bro

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Braxton Miller wants to be a Gator, you don't turn him away.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147603 said:
:exactly:
I don't know why this is hard for some to compute. Not only this but you run the risk or running off Grier (who by the way made Ermon Lane look better than the Theft Out West). Common sense folks.
They was literally playing flag football when he made lane look good.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147607 said:
Totally forgot Miller knows Mac's system too. My bad bro

Miller has a lot more experience playing D-1 football than any QB on our roster, the learning curve would be much faster.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n147599 said:
I would rather play a guy with zero experience and try to develop him for a longer period of time than to try and find a potential one year stop gap and be right back to developing a guy the folowing year. let the new staff start anew.

So we can't develop a young QB while a senior plays? I could have swore they fired Muschamp.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Grier would benefit way more from playing this year than he would sitting out another. You are currently under the assumption that he wouldn't leave too. If that were to happen, we would then be in even worse shape.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, some of you guys have convinced me. Why should we take a guy like Braxton Miller even if he has genuine interest? I mean he doesn't even fit Mac's system and it's so hard to utilize a dual-threat QB that can take it to the house on any given play. It just wouldn't work. Ray is right. I think we're much better off rolling the dice with a couple of young, unproven quarterbacks. Competing for SEC and National Championships right away is overrated anyway. Way too stressful. Isn't that right, bro?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm surprised at the number of comments against this idea. It's one scholarship for one year. Low risk and possible high reward.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can anyone be comfortable with grier being the clear cut starter next year?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147614 said:
If he is that damn good why is he leaving?

Great logic. I guess you could say the same thing about Russell Wilson when he transferred from NC State to Wisconsin. He clearly wasn't good enough to start at NC State anymore. :facepalm:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You aren't seeing the point. If Grier leaves from a bandaid, one year, 9-3 at best pick up, then we are set years back. It's not about what's best for Russell Wilson or Braxton Miller, it's what's best for a rebuilding Florida Gators team. I would take one rough year of Grier getting real experience then kicking ass the next three years than one year of Braxton followed by at least two years of unknown.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147621 said:
You aren't seeing the point. If Grier leaves from a bandaid, one year, 9-3 at best pick up, then we are set years back. It's not about what's best for Russell Wilson or Braxton Miller, it's what's best for a rebuilding Florida Gators team. I would take one rough year of Grier getting real experience then kicking ass the next three years than one year of Braxton followed by at least two years of unknown.
Competition and back-ups are a good thing, Mr. Stetson.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Grier would leave. When he signed, driskel had 2 years of eligibility. So he knew there was a good chance of sitting two years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You really think Grier would leave because he may not be able to play for one more year? Hell, if he left, he'd have to sit out a year somewhere else!

He's not going anywhere.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Leary of this. It would be nice but it could cause us issues perhaps. Best case he starts one year with Grier getting extensive mop up duty.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier would still have 3 years left and be better prepared to start after Miller left, why would he transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.