Breaking: 4* QB Jones decides not to come to UF

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dont want to be a gator? See ya. Think about it, this guy wanted to come here and play for an inept offense but when an offensive minded coach that has a proven track record come aboard, he de commits....makes lots of sense to me....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n126800 said:
Think about it, this guy wanted to come here and play for an inept offense but when an offensive minded coach that has a proven track record come aboard, he de commits....makes lots of sense to me....

Sounds like he's afraid a real offense might expose his weaknesses.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Apparently he has stated UToothless is the front runner for his services. Proof the kid is a moron.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
No worries, we've got Driskel. He will lead the nation in pass yards, TD's, and completion percentage next season under Macburger

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n126821 said:
Apparently he has stated UToothless is the front runner for his services. Proof the kid is a moron.

...or an anal fetish.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;126787 said:
Why do you say that without even knowing what we have with Grier?

This has nothing to do with Grier. It has to do with depth. Say that Harris or Grier leave after next year. Who backs either one of them up?

Let's say one of the two of them gets hurt next year. And then the starter gets dinged up. Who can spell the starter for a game if necessary?

Especially if Driskel goes to another school? Like BC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;126821 said:

Coach Mac has not run the quarterback with any of the teams that he's been with. Jones is a dual threat passing/running quarterback. Why wouldn't he look elsewhere?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have enough OL to field a first team, much less a second team or play a spring game.

I could care about losing next year's fifth string QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
PaulDrake;n126760 said:
So what. Right now my mindset is if you don't want to be a Gator don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. It's time we set the standard back the way it used to be. We're here to take names and kick some rear end. And if you don't want to be a part of it be prepared to get run over.

You know, in a perfect world you are 100% correct. However, our world (Gator Nation) is far from perfect right now.

Most kids don't come to a school because "they want to be a Gator!!!" They come because it's the best fit for them (and at our level they ALL think they can get to the NFL).

So, until our O is fully stocked I don't want to see 4-star Offensive recruits back out on us. I'm sure McElwain will get us back on track over the next few years. But traditionally, 1st year coaches have less than stellar recruiting classes (Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp didn't have great classes in year 1). We have a lot of holes to fill, so maybe next year "don't let the door hit you"....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;126844 said:
Oversign the O-line the next two cycles and see who shakes out.

Yep. Something Champ never understood.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
KCgator;n126821 said:

Jones has UT heading in the right direction. I wouldn't say him looking at UT is proof of anything except a kid taking notice of a program on the rise. UT has a freshman starting right now (and kicking ass), so I can't imagine his interest is anything more than bandwagon (going to see what all the fuss is about). UT's recruiting class is ranked in the top 5 in most of the services. They're hot right now....we're not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was probably told we'd keep our offer but we're going to pursue another qb for this cycle

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I wouldn't doubt if Jimbo called him and told him he wouldn't fit in his offense. He said he's been recruiting. Jimbo might have someone else he's been recruiting that he wants to bring in.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorTAG;n126920 said:
I wouldn't doubt if Jimbo called him and told him he wouldn't fit in his offense. He said he's been recruiting. Jimbo might have someone else he's been recruiting that he wants to bring in.

Didn't know fsu was recruiting him.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
GatorTAG;n126920 said:

What's up with repeatedly referring to Mac as Jimbo?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TAG has a chemical imbalance. When he says something that makes no sense (which is most the time), you have to realize he's not well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.