***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
oxrageous;n114300 said:
So if Stoops had gotten shut out today should he be crossed off the list too? Ole Miss had six turnovers. Teams have bad games, it happens. Didn't Arkansas shut out LSU the week before? They aren't pushovers anymore.

If he was blanked by the Jayhawks, then yes, I would cross him off the list. But I'm not interested in straw man arguments filled with theoreticals. And you misrepresented what I said. I said not scoring a single point against them was inexcusable. When was the last time Florida was blanked? A supposed offensive guy gets shut out by a (now) 2-5 SEC team, and I'm a bad guy for not being impressed?

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't want him. Flash in the pan, good for Ole Miss, not for us.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n114317 said:
He will have his best record in the last three years in the SEC of 4-4, and will sign an extension.

If he wants to be comfortable and cash checks he'll sign the extension. If he wants to be NC winning coach he'll head for the sunshine state.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114210 said:
Let me address this further. There are hundreds of coaches. Jeremy Foley, by all accounts and taking into account his history, has very specific parameters he looks for. I don't believe Andersen falls within those parameters, so I don't personally believe he'll be a candidate. Hence, he's not worth the bandwidth in breaking down his coaching career. That doesn't mean he isn't a good head coach. That doesn't mean he couldn't be a good head coach at Florida.

I think Foley, right or wrong, is rather obsessed with getting a coach that's familiar with the SEC.

Do you think Foley would absolutely disrespect Slive on his way out and poach an SEC coach?

There is a connection between Machen and Andersen, which is worth mentioning. It's a pretty accepted assumption that Machen had as much to do with the Urban hire as Foley after Foley's last coach search failure. To dismiss someone because you haven't heard is pretty irrational. Google him, look him up a bit. He appears to be a legit candidate.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
TheDouglas78;n114288 said:
You mean when teams stop trying to defend the run, the offense is exposed. Ole Miss's offense is the opposite of Auburn. Auburn can't beat you passing, Ole Miss can't beat you running.
To be fair though we have about 6 RBs that would be the starter on Ole Miss. Freeze has recruited well at most spots, just not RB.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n114328 said:
If he wants to be comfortable and cash checks he'll sign the extension. If he wants to be NC winning coach he'll head for the sunshine state.

Would he be, has he shown what it takes to have that killer instinct? What it takes to truly run a top 5 program. He might be where he truly deserves to be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n114324 said:
A supposed offensive guy gets shut out by a (now) 2-5 SEC team, and I'm a bad guy for not being impressed?
I don't recall saying you should be impressed, nor calling you a bad guy. But it's true that Ole Miss has a bad QB. I'm not going to judge a coaches entire career or what I think he could do with the resources at UF on one game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n114328 said:

If he's smart, he'll sign a huge extension with Ole Miss while they still want to. If he posts 3 yrs at UF like he is about to at Ole Miss, this fan base would....well.....www.firehughfreeze.com

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n114330 said:
To be fair though we have about 6 RBs that would be the starter on Ole Miss. Freeze has recruited well at most spots, just not RB.

Lee, don't you know reading the threads, that Jones falls down after first contact, and the only backs we truly have is Taylor and Lane.... Second, just like Muschamp with the Offensive line and quaterback. It's his own fault that he hasn't recruited a position of need when it has been a need. But it also his offense fits his other stops as well.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Freeze didn't have his team ready to play. He had beat Presbyterian which is like Florida beating EKU. He had a week off to prepare for Arkansas. Everything was still on the line for his team because if Ole Miss won they would have still been theoretically capable of winning the SEC West. I know that would be a big "if". How does a team go from 7-0 and ranked number 3 and now looking at an 8-4 season. Somebody is going to be playing in the Egg Bowl with egg on his face and his name is not Dan Mullen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n114329 said:
Do you think Foley would absolutely disrespect Slive on his way out and poach an SEC coach?
I think Foley would hire who he thinks is best for the program, period. This frowning on "poaching an SEC coach" is friggin' ridiculous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No coach is perfect and they all have their bad days. But I'll admit that a 30 point shut out is concerning at this stage of the game. Really no excuse for thàt.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n114334 said:
Would he be, has he shown what it takes to have that killer instinct? What it takes to truly run a top 5 program. He might be where he truly deserves to be.

It would seem that any coach that has gotten to this level would have the hunger to get to the next level. To be a champion though, you have to have solid QB play. Hugh has Good Bo and Bad Bo. Will has practice Jeff and game Jeff. Watching Ole miss today was like watching one of our games when we are getting nothing out of the QB position.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n114348 said:
It would seem that any coach that has gotten to this level would have the hunger to get to the next level. To be a champion though, you have to have solid QB play. Hugh has Good Bo and Bad Bo. Will has practice Jeff and game Jeff. Watching Ole miss today was like watching one of our games when we are getting nothing out of the QB position.

So we get a guy who doesn't pull a guy for bad Bo, similer to be Driskel. Sounds kind of like Muschamp to me. If a guy isn't producing, and you are being shut down and physically manhandled you pull the guy, especially when they knew there was no threat of the running game from the very beginning of the game. Arkansas has a really good defense, but if you are playing for a shot in the playoffs (which they still had a log shot at) at just completely manhandled, that says something about the coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n114352 said:
So we get a guy who doesn't pull a guy for bad Bo, similer to be Driskel. Sounds kind of like Muschamp to me. If a guy isn't producing, and you are being shut down and physically manhandled you pull the guy, especially when they knew there was no threat of the running game from the very beginning of the game. Arkansas has a really good defense, but if you are playing for a shot in the playoffs (which they still had a log shot at) at just completely manhandled, that says something about the coach.
Okay, we got it: Freeze can't coach.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n114352 said:

Doesn't look like they have much behind Bo. Or at least anyone that Freeze has much faith in. There is definitely some similarities.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114357 said:
Okay, we got it: Freeze can't coach.

Didn't say can't coach, but there is coaching at Mississippi and doing well. And coaching at Florida. To assume the two things are equal, is a poor assumption.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n114362 said:
Didn't say can't coach, but there is coaching at Mississippi and doing well. And coaching at Florida. To assume the two things are equal, is a poor assumption.
You're right. It should be a hell of lot EASIER coaching at Florida with better resources and an easier division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.