BREAKING: Suspended Players Offered Pre-Trial Intervention

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: I'm told Antonio Callaway was the last pre-trial diversion that was agreed to. His recent run in w/ law enforcement made it a tougher sell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we see any of them THIS year. They still haven't been cleared to return to the team. As mentioned, they'll get dealt university punishment as well (which will likely be game suspensions, most likely games already missed). Most of these kids can redshirt anyway.

Callaway is probably done at UF. I can't imagine he's going to be able to come back. He should transfer to a 1AA school that throws the ball a lot and then go into the draft. He's talented, but there are a ton of talented 5'11 WR's out there.

I think Scarlett is done also with Davis emerging like he has. He will probably just get ready for the draft where he might have to go the free agent route now.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The program is out of control. We don't need these guys back as much as we need the program cleaned up. Just because the felony charges are dropped doesn't mean the players shouldn't be expelled.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I also don’t think any of them play again other than scout team this year. I guess it also depends on how they’ve handled themselves during this time. While not participating with the team that doesn’t mean they can’t contact coaches, so in touch and have kept them informed. So if some have rededicated themselves, it will go a long way to coming back home.

Callaway cost himself millions and so did Scarlett. Callaway goes from potential first rounder to who knows. Scarlett went from a potential 2nd day (probably 3rd) to who knows. Just ridiculous

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I also don’t think any of them play again other than scout team this year. I guess it also depends on how they’ve handled themselves during this time. While not participating with the team that doesn’t mean they can’t contact coaches, so in touch and have kept them informed. So if some have rededicated themselves, it will go a long way to coming back home.

Callaway cost himself millions and so did Scarlett. Callaway goes from potential first rounder to who knows. Scarlett went from a potential 2nd day (probably 3rd) to who knows. Just ridiculous

Callaway a 1st rounder? Hardly...3rd rounder before all this probably

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@NickdelaTorreGC: I'm told Antonio Callaway was the last pre-trial diversion that was agreed to. His recent run in w/ law enforcement made it a tougher sell.

xlMRtrC.gif

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
F 'em, they're all done. This ring of azzholes actually stole private citizens' credit accounts from all over this country and charged up big bucks, crime-ring style. I do not want to see any single one of these embarrassments in a Gator uniform again. This "intervention" idea to duck the felonies they committed is more of a break than any of them deserve. By their own premeditated actions they all deserve to be sent up the river.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The program is out of control. We don't need these guys back as much as we need the program cleaned up. Just because the felony charges are dropped doesn't mean the players shouldn't be expelled.
They aren't dropped. They are only dropped if they complete the probation period. So I wonder what that means with regard to our policy that you can't play with felony charges pending.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What does scarlet have 500 yards in six career touchdowns? He may need to come back or go somewhere.

McElButters and pumper preseason hype isn't going to get dude signed anywhere.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Remember someone saying everyone but 2 players would be back by the UGA game :whistle: However i didn't believe Callaway would be back. I thought that kid was gone!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What if they came back, became eligible, and with Calloway opposite Cleveland, we score enough in the Swamp to beat FSU?

Alex.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Cut them all loose. I would be in favor of a case-by-case evaluation to allow them to remain on the team if these were only property crimes. But all of these crimes had victims. Can you imagine the stress you would be under if someone stole your credit card info and made purchases? I am sorry, but I don't think these planned, calculated crimes against other people can be overlooked or swept under the rug just so some guys can play football.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What if they came back, became eligible, and with Calloway opposite Cleveland, we score enough in the Swamp to beat FSU?

Alex.

And maybe at least be competitive with Bama in the SEC championship?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

Hard to believe you actually read what these jackasses did and are still giving polyanna-style support. If it was your credit card that got hijacked for a couple grand by one of these knuckleheads I seriously doubt you would be in the mood for giving breaks.

And FYI I do follow the Annapolis boys too and enjoy the brand of football they play - all out tough and no worries about scandals.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And maybe at least be competitive with Bama in the SEC championship?

I'm not seeing us in Atlanta this year. Even if we somehow beat a very good UGA team, they would have to lose another SEC game and we would have to win the rest of ours. I don't see it happening.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator