Caleb Brantley charged with Battery/Video released

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... this was more about the report than the tweet itself

I'm usually a "wait for the facts guy" in all circumstances, but I'll admit I jumped the gun on this one. But what I'm not going to do is go stare at myself in the mirror like I made some big mistake :lol:

Guess it's the fact that this stuff has become more common that I've become cynical. Hope Brantley is innocent afterall.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually a "wait for the facts guy" in all circumstances, but I'll admit I jumped the gun on this one. But what I'm not going to do is go stare at myself in the mirror like I made some big mistake :lol:

Guess it's the fact that this stuff has become more common that I've become cynical. Hope Brantley is innocent afterall.

Her lawyer says the police report is fabricated... GPD says that is ridiculous... who knows what the "facts" are

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If the GPD was willing to take Morrison in for illegal barking, then I would assume they would have no issue with taking Brantley in for knocking a female unconscious. Especially in this day and age.
Something doesn't smell right...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I said from the beginning, regardless of whom is at fault and what the truth is, the timing is going to hurt Brantley. There isn't enough time for NFL teams to do a proper investigation, and he will lose millions due to it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
.... bruising & a tooth knocked out = that rising danger had to be so obvious that one of those eye-witnesses could at least step in front of the female to explain the fault of being drunk, then a friend calm down Brantley? Bet people were just watching the war escalate. You gotta seize the chance to prevent physical harm, especially on the weaker one. Bet the next day, a sober Brantly would have thanked both smart interlopers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A little more info - looks like there won't be enough time to officially charge him (or not charge him at all) before the draft.
Interesting to see if this changes anything with prospective NFL teams who may have had him on their draft board.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...ecide-charges-gators-caleb-brantley-nfl-draft

It won't make a difference probably. Him hitting her that hard is what will matter to them. Does he just go from 2nd round to late 3rd or 4th round or does he drop all the way down where you don't get a real big signing bonus. I would think some team takes him for sure if he is still available in rounds 5 to 7.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It won't make a difference probably. Him hitting her that hard is what will matter to them. Does he just go from 2nd round to late 3rd or 4th round or does he drop all the way down where you don't get a real big signing bonus. I would think some team takes him for sure if he is still available in rounds 5 to 7.

fever, He was a first rounder on most mocks before the incident. Still would be shocked if he was available on day 3. Some team will take a shot, but that is a loss of a lot of money.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
fever, He was a first rounder on most mocks before the incident. Still would be shocked if he was available on day 3. Some team will take a shot, but that is a loss of a lot of money.

I saw him in the 2nd round on most and the top of the 3rd in a few just like a few had him later 1st round. He has definitely cost himself a lot of money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw him in the 2nd round on most and the top of the 3rd in a few just like a few had him later 1st round.

I saw him as high as 12 before the incident, seen nothing higher than 28th since.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw him as high as 12 before the incident, seen nothing higher than 28th since.

I must not have saw that one but we know how many of them differ quite a bit. My guess is he would have been a 2nd rounder for sure despite the range but I highly doubt he is now. I think he drops to 4th round at least unless some team is really in love with his talent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I must not have saw that one but we know how many of them differ quite a bit. My guess is he would have been a 2nd rounder for sure despite the range but I highly doubt he is now. I think he drops to 4th round at least unless some team is really in love with his talent.

True, I mostly watch NFL network and saw a few on ESPN, NFL, and a few others. Wife and I treat the draft like a holiday, so we do a lot of following it. We watch the combine and pro days etc... So have been watching a lot of coverage.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, Fever - Brantley was already 2nd round bound (by many sites) before the incident. He did not greatly impress at the combine or pro day and his stock was already falling due to that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like ol girl walked away from the incident fine. Smh...the females out here today scandalous as $hit man!

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/coll...-video-shows-complainant-walking-away/2321510

It probably falls somewhere in the middle. Somebody drunk can definitely walk off like not much happened even if they were struck pretty good beforehand and a cop wouldn't notice a loose tooth if it wasn't shown to them probably. My guess would be maybe she did attack him first and he at least popped her back with an open hand or something if she does have a loose tooth. I don't believe she was knocked out however after watching them leave like that as she would have been way more animated if something like that had just happened and his voice doesn't make it seem like he thought anything too major just happened. There has been crazy cases like this with lawsuits in mind before where females have caused injuries to themselves after the fact however so you never know I guess.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It probably falls somewhere in the middle. Somebody drunk can definitely walk off like not much happened even if they were struck pretty good beforehand and a cop wouldn't notice a loose tooth if it wasn't shown to them probably. My guess would be maybe she did attack him first and he at least popped her back with an open hand or something if she does have a loose tooth. I don't believe she was knocked out however after watching them leave like that as she would have been way more animated if something like that had just happened and his voice doesn't make it seem like he thought anything too major just happened. There has been crazy cases like this with lawsuits in mind before where females have caused injuries to themselves after the fact however so you never know I guess.
Yeah...it's crazy times we're living in. Everyone is looking for lawsuits,welfare,and any other angle they can use to keep them from getting off their sorry a$$es to work. $hit is pathetic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator