Callaway cited for pot

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Mac is hiring the wrong kind of bag men, although I'm sure a Merc SUV would catch many a recruit's eye.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
this from Mac last Aug when pot was an issue previously with Callaway.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/mcelwain-hopes-help-callaway-marijuana-admission-222945343--ncaaf.html

I suspect this will not be good for Callaway.
Probably won't be a kicked off the team issue, but he sure won't be playing against Michigan, when we need him most

fckin dumbass.
These guys just can't seem to leave the dope alone. Lewis was also in the car with the rest and you know they were all passing the joint. I certainly agree with the discription -- just plain moronic.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll stop just short of saying staying out that late is a bad thing. BUT.....That late, with Mr. Williams, and with the history in that part of town? Not smart Cally. Is AC going to wind up being one of those Athletes that have such a great upside that simply blows it? We know at this point he's not blowing it but tokin' on it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, douchey is using something like a seatbelt or yelling out of a window to pull someone over. It's coincidence that he was actually ridin' dirty, as they say.
..... That or perhaps yelling out the car window made the cop suspicious and thought... "huh... this guy might be drunk.... better pull him over to be sure, before he kills some innocent family in a minivan."

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My first concern is for Callaway & Lewis. Who is this guy & why are they riding around with him? If Callaway is using, what is the best response/consequence to encourage him to stop? As Mac said, it's a teaching moment. The effect on the team is secondary, but even there you have to think about setting the right boundaries and so on.

I don't see how he isn't suspended at least 2 games.

The overall sketchy sounding circumstances are a worry, too.

And I'm not going to blame the cop. Callaway is responsible for his choices.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac seems to be running a renegade football team with all these players being arrested or cited/investigated for terrorizing and shooting at girlfriends, sexual assault, possessing illegal drugs, driving with no license, and using performance enhancing drugs etc.
:facepalm:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No way he plays vs Mich.

I am more concerned about the company he is keeping.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My first concern is for Callaway & Lewis. Who is this guy & why are they riding around with him? If Callaway is using, what is the best response/consequence to encourage him to stop? As Mac said, it's a teaching moment. The effect on the team is secondary, but even there you have to think about setting the right boundaries and so on.

I don't see how he isn't suspended at least 2 games.

The overall sketchy sounding circumstances are a worry, too.

And I'm not going to blame the cop. Callaway is responsible for his choices.

It is Callaway's guaranteed bonus money he is spending with his antics...eff him....we have other receivers now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"After being suspended amid sexual battery allegations last spring, he was fully reinstated to the team in August after an independent hearing officer found Callaway not responsible of sexually assaulting a female student in December 2015.

During a student code of conduct hearing for those allegations, Callaway had acknowledged that he "was so stoned [he] had no interest in having sex with anyone." After that admission, McElwain had said there would be consequences if Callaway's marijuana usage "becomes habitual."

"If there are some issues, find help," McElwain said in August. "If it becomes habitual, then there are some consequences. ... If it becomes one of those deals through the counseling hasn't worked and that kind of stuff, then there will be some harder consequences, and yet those haven't come up yet."

I don't see how he doesn't miss game(s).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
"After being suspended amid sexual battery allegations last spring, he was fully reinstated to the team in August after an independent hearing officer found Callaway not responsible of sexually assaulting a female student in December 2015.

During a student code of conduct hearing for those allegations, Callaway had acknowledged that he "was so stoned [he] had no interest in having sex with anyone." After that admission, McElwain had said there would be consequences if Callaway's marijuana usage "becomes habitual."

"If there are some issues, find help," McElwain said in August. "If it becomes habitual, then there are some consequences. ... If it becomes one of those deals through the counseling hasn't worked and that kind of stuff, then there will be some harder consequences, and yet those haven't come up yet."

I don't see how he doesn't miss game(s).

I would be perfectly fine with him being suspended for the Northern Colorado and UAB games.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If he's suspended, who will be the first to offer it as an excuse for Mac losing?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if this was posted yet or not - but it's Mac's response to Callaway's :bandit: citation.
He pretty much says nothing, which is par for the course for Mac. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No matter how you slice it, it won't be good for the Gator football team, nor Antonio. No matter what they decide to do about it, it's a distraction and the kind of attention the team didn't need.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac seems to be running a renegade football team with all these players being arrested or cited/investigated for terrorizing and shooting at girlfriends, sexual assault, possessing illegal drugs, driving with no license, and using performance enhancing drugs etc.

No.

Those who do this crap need to take responsibility for their own actions. Mac is not running a renegade program, you're looking to confirm your opinion that he should be fired. This is even a very poor attempt. You can do better at twisting something to support your end goal.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No.

Those who do this crap need to take responsibility for their own actions. Mac is not running a renegade program, you're looking to confirm your opinion that he should be fired. This is even a very poor attempt. You can do better at twisting something to support your end goal.

Well I admit I was thinking maybe with all these arrests the AD could use that as an excuse not to give Mac a 4th year if we dont score an offensive TD against FSU for a 3rd straight year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if we dont score an offensive TD against FSU for a 3rd straight year.
No thats just proof that we are getting better bc someone says they saw receivers running around free everywhere, TRUST ME!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.