Callaway going Pro

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’ll be shocked if drafted before 6th if at all. I can easily see him getting in trouble for something once the agent gives him some cash.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
He was probably the biggest disappointment. However, we have become UWRU: Underachieving Wide Receiver University

Somebody rattle off the list for me, I'm busy.
4 stars or better that disappointed (There are only 5 or 6 over this time period that performed Percy, Bubba, etc.; I left a few off this list that may turn out):

Daquon Green
James Robinson
Rick Wells
Antonio Callaway
Moral Stephens
C.J. Worton
Demarcus Robinson
Alvin Bailey
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Javares McRoy
Ja'Juan Story
Solomon Patton
Adrian Coxson
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
T.J. Lawrence
Frankie Hammond Jr.
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson
Justin Williams
David Nelson
Nyan Boateng
Mike McIntosh

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
4 stars or better that disappointed (There are only 5 or 6 over this time period that performed Percy, Bubba, etc.; I left a few off this list that may turn out):

Daquon Green
James Robinson
Rick Wells
Antonio Callaway
Moral Stephens
C.J. Worton
Demarcus Robinson
Alvin Bailey
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Javares McRoy
Ja'Juan Story
Solomon Patton
Adrian Coxson
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
T.J. Lawrence
Frankie Hammond Jr.
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson
Justin Williams
David Nelson
Nyan Boateng
Mike McIntosh

I get annoyed every time I think of Omarius. That guy always made a play, the 2 times a game pease, roper or front-butt threw him the ball.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I get annoyed every time I think of Omarius. That guy always made a play, the 2 times a game pease, roper or front-butt threw him the ball.
The ones that make me cry every time I think of how hyped I was for them coming:

Antonio Callaway
Demarcus Robinson
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017

Daquon Green
James Robinson
Rick Wells
Antonio Callaway
Moral Stephens
C.J. Worton
Demarcus Robinson
Alvin Bailey
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Javares McRoy
Ja'Juan Story
Solomon Patton
Adrian Coxson
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
T.J. Lawrence
Frankie Hammond Jr.
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson
Justin Williams
David Nelson
Nyan Boateng
Mike McIntosh

Crazy list of potential talent wasted...

Callaway’s TD vs UT was the only thing I hung my hopes on. I always hoped he was going to be extremely special after that play. I was in row 2 behind the OL bench section with my buddie. The Play unfolded just upfield in front of us. When he caught it we both yelled for him to get OB to stop the clock, then he made a move and cut and we both started screaming go,go,go.....
that was his entire career highlight. What a waste.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

You may be right.
Zz4VSUp.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Daquon Green
James Robinson
Rick Wells
Antonio Callaway
Moral Stephens
C.J. Worton
Demarcus Robinson
Alvin Bailey
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Javares McRoy
Ja'Juan Story
Solomon Patton
Adrian Coxson
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
T.J. Lawrence
Frankie Hammond Jr.
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson
Justin Williams
David Nelson
Nyan Boateng
Mike McIntosh

Most of those players are in the last 8 years.

Plus I don’t agree with everyone on that list. Demarcus Robinson, Omarius Hines,Hammond, and David Nelson were solid starters. Solomon Patton almost had his arm ripped off on a kick return. Callaway performed well but was a head case.

3 of those guys transferred right after they got here: Coxson, Dunkley, and Story. Story played only QB at Nature Coast (if I recall) and had never played WR at all.

Debose was an injury disaster. Tore his hamstring right off the bone. Never recovered.

McRoy and Dunkley were dumb pickups. Scatbacks.

Lawrence, Moore, Thompson, Pittman, Worton, and Wells were terrible busts. This is what happens when you don’t have a true WR coach FOR TEN PLUS YEARS.

Green and Robinson are freshman. Not sure why they’re on the list.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What could have been for him if we actually had good coaching and an actual offense...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IDK why David Nelson was on that one list. He had some great TDs for us. He had a TD vs Bama in the 08 SEC title game and had the game clinching National Championship clinging TD catch vs Oklahoma.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ahmad Fullwood had the body to be a dominant receiver but zero skills. Couldn't run a route, wouldn't fight for one on one balls, not elusive with the ball in his hands, bad hands, injured a lot. What a waste of the perfect mold.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Most of those players are in the last 8 years.

Plus I don’t agree with everyone on that list. Demarcus Robinson, Omarius Hines,Hammond, and David Nelson were solid starters. Solomon Patton almost had his arm ripped off on a kick return. Callaway performed well but was a head case.

3 of those guys transferred right after they got here: Coxson, Dunkley, and Story. Story played only QB at Nature Coast (if I recall) and had never played WR at all.

Debose was an injury disaster. Tore his hamstring right off the bone. Never recovered.

McRoy and Dunkley were dumb pickups. Scatbacks.

Lawrence, Moore, Thompson, Pittman, Worton, and Wells were terrible busts. This is what happens when you don’t have a true WR coach FOR TEN PLUS YEARS.

Green and Robinson are freshman. Not sure why they’re on the list.
I'm not placing blame. Could be the coach. Could be the kid. Could be injury. They are on the list because from the time they signed until the time they left (or presently for those still here) they have disappointed (me) and underperformed (in my opinion).

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
IDK why David Nelson was on that one list. He had some great TDs for us. He had a TD vs Bama in the 08 SEC title game and had the game clinching National Championship clinging TD catch vs Oklahoma.
Nelson was borderline. However, in my mind, I remember those plays as semi-redemptive moments after a career and season of meh.

I might be remembering wrong.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This is the right decision, Jordan S should do the same. They weren’t getting another chance here and why risk injury at a lower division school for a year. Probably get drafted late, but there is plenty of un drafted guy s in the NFL too. Maybe they’ll see this is likely their last chance to not waste their talents, but I have my doubts they will.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

Daquon Green
James Robinson
Rick Wells
Antonio Callaway
Moral Stephens
C.J. Worton
Demarcus Robinson
Alvin Bailey
Ahmad Fulwood
Latroy Pittman
Javares McRoy
Ja'Juan Story
Solomon Patton
Adrian Coxson
Chris Dunkley
Andre Debose
T.J. Lawrence
Frankie Hammond Jr.
Carl Moore
Omarius Hines
Deonte Thompson
Justin Williams
David Nelson
Nyan Boateng
Mike McIntosh
I thought Nelson was OK

Last edited:

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I hope he gets his head straight.

I have a feeling this is not going to go well and we will be reading about another arrest in the near future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator