TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna get waaaayyyy ahead of myself here, but if Calloway does come back and vets like Fulwood and Worton actually contribute even on a part time basis, along with newcomers Massey, Swain, Hammond and Tyrie Cleveland, is there any reason we can't have the best WR's group in the conference?
No reason that it couldn't. I really want to see Fullwood deliver. This group has the ability to put us up there. I feel more comfortable with the WR's now than in recent years. The key will be AC and how his hearing turns out with the student judicial court.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We need Callaway. My stance on Fulwood is that he gets at best 30 receptions and that is being generous. Based on last year, if Grier stays away from the Extenze and plays every game then Fulwood was on pace for 12 catches which is basically his career average.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need Callaway. My stance on Fulwood is that he gets at best 30 receptions and that is being generous. Based on last year, if Grier stays away from the Extenze and plays every game then Fulwood was on pace for 12 catches which is basically his career average.
Agreed. If Fullwood has 30 catches this season it will likely be because Callaway did not get back on the team.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Perhaps they'll have the decision by the student court soon. Lets hope its just to be suspended first couple of games. Freon, no telling. They may send him packing.
Does he still want to be here and play for Mac? That is the ?. If he's bitter or ticked off and he's not all in then it won't work. He is a rare talent and I hope he still wants to be here.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does he still want to be here and play for Mac? That is the ?. If he's bitter or ticked off and he's not all in then it won't work. He is a rare talent and I hope he still wants to be here.

If anything I hope its not a clash between he and Mac. But of course the suspension may cause some friction. Maybe Mac cuts him some slack. The fact that Freon is involved doesn't help that speculation. I hope he and Mac are on the same page regardless.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Callaway messes up his Gator career, then that will really hurt his future severely. If his
suspendable behavior has not already. If Mac has a flash-star freshman to groom, Callaway
may see fewer passes come his way. ??

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did fulwood even dress out for the spring game?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This brings up an interesting question, other than at the QB position, have there been any guys who have left Florida for greener pastures who actually did much better elsewhere than they did at Florida? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We are pretty sure whatever Callaway is accused of doing wasn't sufficient to be prosecuted by the legal system. The University (if it is at all like Duke) may not protect the rights of the student athlete since political correctness is the new God. If this is not resolved by the time practice starts over the summer, Callaway would probably be better off transferring to another school and sitting out a year. At least his football career would not be ruined.

Always a pumper, hopefully the problem will be satisfactorily resolved soon.
Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about the timing of resolution though.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This brings up an interesting question, other than at the QB position, have there been any guys who have left Florida for greener pastures who actually did much better elsewhere than they did at Florida? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Would Janoris qualify?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how good our position coach is and that would be the only other possibility of these guys not being one of the better groups in our conference.

:suspect2: it's preposterous to think that the WR coach is any good, we picked him up from FAU for cry'n out loud

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about the timing of resolution though.
Not sure if timing has a lot to do with it. Be it right or wrong Mac doesn't seem to have a lot of forgiveness once someone gets on his bad side....Willis, Brown Stain Lane and Grier have all been sent packing and I think McAlister was given an early exit the last 4 games of the season last year.....I'm not sure there is any coming back from his doghouse.....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if timing has a lot to do with it. Be it right or wrong Mac doesn't seem to have a lot of forgiveness once someone gets on his bad side....Willis, Brown Stain Lane and Grier have all been sent packing and I think McAlister was given an early exit the last 4 games of the season last year.....I'm not sure there is any coming back from his doghouse.....
Treon is still here, but maybe not for long

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
:suspect2: it's preposterous to think that the WR coach is any good, we picked him up from FAU for cry'n out loud
You may be correct because if you took Callaway out of the picture the receivers really weren't noticeably better last year....then again maybe overall talent is a lot better this year....we'll find out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, we're waiting & wondering at what's going on with Callaway ? Isn't he just
serving out an ongoing suspension and the "powers-that-be" are guarding his
privacy ?

Additionally, whatever Callaway did, it was serious enough for all this. That certainly isn't
like the "team-conscious" player Mac wants on board. Question is, can those disappointed
(let-down) plus the betrayer collaborate fully back to the "team-concept"? Sure hope Callaway
and our crew can regain full-strides again.

Still, something I'd be more pleased with is for our newcomers to have equally good freshman
years as Gator Callaway did last year ... and that those freshmen buy in better to our new
"teammanship" concept. "Go Gators all = pile-drive into our new high-flying future !"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator