Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This year already has a 1980 feel. For those of you too young to remember, that was Pell's second season and the season after the oh-10-1 debacle. We went 8-4 and came within a routine over-the-middle tackle of upsetting (this pains me) eventual national champion Hoargia.

The point of this all is, you can feel a momentum swing. If it continues, we're going to become one of the great college football stories of 2018. Everyone will be talking about us.

This is Florida. We never stopped being great, we simply stopped acting great. The wind is about to be at our back. Mullen will have ZERO excuses for crap hires if this season turns out like I think it will.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is Florida. We never stopped being great, we simply stopped acting great.
There was nothing great or even good about Chimp or Butters.

They were cheaper than a real corch though, Im told.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was nothing great or even good about Chimp or Butters.

They were cheaper than a real corch though, Im told.
Okay, buddy, I apparently have to spell it out. Here are the letters, bright and bold.

floridaspeed.jpeg

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
One of Swonkeys picks of who was better than Mullen, Kevin Sumlin, is currently down 21-0 to Houston, possibly starting the year 0-2.

864BPPo.gif

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Kelly or Taggart?

UCLA is lacking talent so what is FSU's excuse? I thought the Noles were recruiting SO MUCH BETTER than UF?

Oh, and Rict was the "U" savior?

I never wanted Taggart, but I don't think you can consider Kelly a bust at UCLA because of his first ever game as HC there. It's not like his loss to Boise State defined his career at Oregon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot Sumlin was at Arizona. What a dumpster fire.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I never wanted Taggart, but I don't think you can consider Kelly a bust at UCLA because of his first ever game as HC there. It's not like his loss to Boise State defined his career at Oregon.
But I still believe the SEC was not for him.

And I think he realized it and used UF to get the UCLA job.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Scott Frost, Willie Taggart, Chip Kelly, and the dude from Memphis are a combined 1-5

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scott Frost, Willie Taggart, Chip Kelly, and the dude from Memphis are a combined 1-5
UCLA's offensive numbers are awful. I expected them to lose, but not to look that bad.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we lost, sorry I was excited for a new beginning and for rooting on the Gators and Mullen. I am still going to pump and cheer for the Gators regardless of win or loss. Go Gators for life! GC for life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator