Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n173361 said:
So CeCe doesn't want to sign. That's a jump of logic. Nobody on this board knows his family dynamics. Who cares that it's taking a week???? Who is this affecting? Other than some guys on this message board who are taking it really personal.

You don't think its setting a bad example for future recruits and his potential teammates? If not, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;173360 said:
You're assuming this is all his father. No one knows that to be true. Would you be OK with this if he was 2* prospect? I think not.

It wouldn't matter. Sometimes you have crazy parents. This happens every year. If the kid was openly trolling us, I'd say to rescind it. Regardless of ranking.

I don't know of any school that has pulled schollies when their parents started acting like fruit cakes. If you need an example, Google Landon Collins.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
MJMGator;n173360 said:
You're assuming this is all his father. No one knows that to be true. Would you be OK with this if he was 2* prospect? I think not.
:dubster:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;173364 said:
You don't think its setting a bad example for future recruits and his potential teammates? If not, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If anything it shows that Mac is being resolute with his patience while he waits for their family to resolve this garbage. You don't think CeCe's embarrassed?

This is a positive message to the team and future recruits.

Is CeCe at fault? Nothing I've seen has pointed to that. He signed the LOI. If he is, I'm sure the coaches would know and would pull the offer.

Did we not do the same with Holland? And wow did we need a big time LB like him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n173347 said:
I know I'm going to get blasted for injecting basketball into football thread, but we had 4 guys committed in basketball and only 2 sent in LOIs on signing day, and that was months ago and we're still waiting on the other two. Nobody's complaining about that (unless you count me, right now).
No one gives a shiit about basketball, we're talking sports here.

Back to Cece. I don't know why people are upset, unless they are afraid underhanded stuff is going on. Doesn't everyone have a little crazy in their family? If not, you're probably it.

There is no hurt in waiting. It's not like we haven't already lost whomever the plan B was. I'm sure they signed at FIU or FAU last week.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gator;n173392 said:

I don't know why people are upset, unless they are afraid underhanded stuff is going on.

Those no hurt in waiting. It's not like we haven't already lost whomever the plan B was. I'm sure they signed at FIU last week.
:dubster:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw a blogger say that Leo "lost" the original LOI. A new one is going out and he's trying to get it to his mother to sign.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n173370 said:
It wouldn't matter. Sometimes you have crazy parents. This happens every year. If the kid was openly trolling us, I'd say to rescind it. Regardless of ranking.

I don't know of any school that has pulled schollies when their parents started acting like fruit cakes. If you need an example, Google Landon Collins.

I have another name for you. Alex Collins.

This happens every year with some crazy parent. It's not the kids fault. Family dynamics are complicated. Let's all just taking a pill, step away from the keyboard for a day or two and let it play out. Too many people here are taking this too personally.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n173392 said:

I don't know why people are upset, unless they are afraid underhanded stuff is going on.

Those no hurt in waiting. It's not like we haven't already lost whomever the plan B was. I'm sure they signed at FIU or FAU last week.
The world's best athletes play basketball, krank.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Amazin1;n173320 said:
7 ‏@cecejeferson7 5m5 minutes ago
Im a Gator and my LOI will be turned in soon,my dad and coach Collins had a long talk today.
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
This makes sense. Leo just wanted a drink from the swag chalice. Cece is now good as Gator.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n173421 said:
This makes sense. Leo just wanted a drink from the swag chalice. Cece is now good as Gator.
Let's hope they destroy the evidence.:boom:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n173360 said:

Why would I care if it's a 1* or unranked? The coaches want him and it's doing no harm. you have sand in your pvssy and that's your problem...not CeCe's, J's, or mine.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n173421 said:

That's what coach calls his peter. :dance:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n173307 said:
So, you're OK if every recruit does this or just the 5*s?

Do you really think something like this, which however it turns out is embarrassing to the recruit, is going to start an avalanche. See above there are plenty of other recruiting soap operas. If he were a three star, same deal. The difference is we wouldn't have seen it plastered all over the recruiting pages. They'd mention it once and move on.

I ask all those of you who want to pull the loi again. Why. What harm is this doing to us.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gator1946;n173490 said:
Do you really think something like this, which however it turns out is embarrassing to the recruit, is going to start an avalanche. See above there are plenty of other recruiting soap operas. If he were a three star, same deal. The difference is we wouldn't have seen it plastered all over the recruiting pages. They'd mention it once and move on.

I ask all those of you who want to pull the loi again. Why. What harm is this doing to us.

Guy I work with threatens to staple our lips shut when we bring logic into a perfectly emotional argument. Now, where that stapler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator