Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;173682 said:
I respect anyone else's opinion here. But there are now other boards indicating that shady stuff has gone down here. Ill agree that the tweet tonight seems encouraging. But I think we're not looking at things realistically when we keep rationalizing these delays. I've said before I have been wrong in other instances and may very well be wrong here. But to me, this is not a situation we want to continue with. The longer it goes, the worse it is for us.

I can see if the staff wants to break from CeCe if it seems there are some violations going on with Leo. As far as delays it's only been a few days.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n173684 said:
I can see if the staff wants to break from CeCe if it seems there are some violations going on with Leo. As far as delays it's only been a few days.

We've seen coaches walk away from prospects because of not showing on official visits, or not being there when we've shown on visits at their school or home. At some point it's ok to ask someone, 18 or not, to honor their word. As I said, it's great to hear that this should be resolved "next week". But why again is it not being resolved today?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n173687 said:
Does Leo seem right to you? Is this normal behavior? We cant pick our parents.

No and no. But he doesn't have to pick his parents. He has one that's on board based on numerous accounts and that's all he needs.

It's a judgement call at this point. I just don't like what I've seen.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
soflagator;n173682 said:
I respect anyone else's opinion here. But there are now other boards indicating that shady stuff has gone down here. Ill agree that the tweet tonight seems encouraging. But I think we're not looking at things realistically when we keep rationalizing these delays. I've said before I have been wrong in other instances and may very well be wrong here. But to me, this is not a situation we want to continue with. The longer it goes, the worse it is for us.

And I'll also add that if this is simply a matter of not having the original, or not having access to a fax, there are literally dozens of ways to solve this problem. The fact that it's not being solved says it all.
You damn right some dirty $hit has gone on during his recruitment but it wasn't us. There is a rumor out that Bama has offered his pops 60k for CeCe's signature and I believe that. After all it's not like Bama hasn't been busted by the NCAA before for doing shady $hit.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Something is definitely up. I think there are good signs for us. Did not get to see the game but heard reports that CeCe was at the UK/UF game last night. So that is encouraging. The longer it drags out the more light will be shed on it. Let's just say if it is Leo that is the problem, he sure doesn't know how to handle it. Might ought to talk with Cecil.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n173682 said:
But there are now other boards indicating that shady stuff has gone down here.
There is no doubt someone has Leo's ear and he is holding out to score a pay day, but the fact that Coach Mac has not given any sort of deadline (that we know if) to Cece to sign the LOI tells me all I need to know. Coach Mac hasn't given us any reason not to trust him at this point so if he sticks with Cece, the kid must be worth it, in spite of his dad.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LongTooth;n172880 said:
I told you guys that shady bully swiped it.
Just getting caught up on this and was wondering if at some point is withholding of an executed contract a criminal offense??? Maybe Law or one of the other boards legal whizzes would know? Maybe if Mom and or Cece mentioned the PoPo to Leo he might be able to produce the LOI a little faster:fear:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorJ;n173356 said:
It's hasn't been a week yet!!! He can't even come into campus for another 3 months. What does it matter? His dad is obviously a loon. That's not CeCe's fault. I could see if we were in April or May. Or CeCe was singing praises to UF while also to another team. But that's not what happened.

Sure. Let's shut down the future of a kid because his pops is acting ridiculous. That'll go over nicely on the recruiting trail.
So why have a signing date at all? Just do away with it and let the kids come when they want. It sure as heck would do away with all the chaos associated with NSD.

These kids know when NSD is years in advance. There parents know when NSD is years in advance. It didn't sneak up on them and surprise them. Do you think maybe CeCe and his Dad never discussed which school he was going to? And if CeCe knew there was going to be a problem why have a big ceremony and make a big production out of it. And btw, CeCe trolled the hell out if us up until NSD.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n173717 said:
Just getting caught up on this and was wondering if at some point is withholding of an executed contract a criminal offense??? Maybe Law or one of the other boards legal whizzes would know? Maybe if Mom and or Cece mentioned the PoPo to Leo he might be able to produce the LOI a little faster:fear:
Not sure about that stuff but hearing that Leo is waiting by the mailbox to steal CeCe's mail I'm pretty sure is against the law.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
The dad is going to get a payday 3 years from now, no matte where the kid plays. Too late for him to come out like just a "concerned" parent.

tough on the kid...he just wants to wear the team gear

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n173734 said:
Leo told Cece that he was going to Bama or AU. He went along with it or said nothing. Then on NSD, he picked the Gators sending Leo into a rage.. That is why when Cece signed the LOI, all the women and the girl was looking at Leo instead of Cece. Because they know Leo was going to throw a shiitfit.

Interesting. Where did you find this out?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n173740 said:

I have never understood why some people get as worked up as they do personally on these message boards. I can see making a strong point and arging it. I just don't get letting it get personal like that if you don't agree with another poster's viewpoint.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n173741 said:
I have never understood why some people get as worked up as they do personally on these message boards. I can see making a strong point and arging it. I just don't get letting it get personal like that if you don't agree with another poster's viewpoint.
i agree, but this goes on with politics,social issues,cultures clashes,race,etc,, i try to stay balance:whistle:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;173718 said:
So why have a signing date at all? Just do away with it and let the kids come when they want. It sure as heck would do away with all the chaos associated with NSD.

These kids know when NSD is years in advance. There parents know when NSD is years in advance. It didn't sneak up on them and surprise them. Do you think maybe CeCe and his Dad never discussed which school he was going to? And if CeCe knew there was going to be a problem why have a big ceremony and make a big production out of it. And btw, CeCe trolled the hell out if us up until NSD.

NSD is the first day that you can sign. Not the last. Something is obviously rotten in Denmark. Again, this is not the first time this has ever happened. And you guys are acting like it's been going on for months. It hasn't even been a week yet.

But I think it's a bit crazy to hold these kids to the actions of their parents. Let's give it a bit more time.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watch this video. Does Leo look upset? Read into all this nonsense whatever you want. Speculate however you want. We don't know what's going on. Life goes on. I hope things work it out. I know you'll be relieved that I'm through commenting on this whole deal.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12279078[/video]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n173753 said:
fetch
I've grown to appreciate that show. (Top Gear on BBC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator