CENSORED BY OTHER BOARDS: A recruiting story that should make you all warm and cozy

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll wanna come play for the Gators?

Pay us $40 and do some pushups for half an hour, maybe we will think about it.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Wow this is seriously depressing. It does explain the total drop off in recruiting, however. I suspect at least portions of the story are true. Saban is a detail oriented guy and he runs that ship tightly, I think Mac is too busy making PBJs and cutting off the crust for certain guys.....and yet, he loves those guys.

HEAVY SIGH. Not looking forward to signing day/2017.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow this is seriously depressing. It does explain the total drop off in recruiting, however. I suspect at least portions of the story are true. Saban is a detail oriented guy and he runs that ship tightly, I think Mac is too busy making PBJs and cutting off the crust for certain guys.....and yet, he loves those guys.

HEAVY SIGH. Not looking forward to signing day/2017.

Agree on Saban...he's the best in the business.

But as I said earlier; Nuss, McElwain, Rumph, Collins, and several of our support staff worked for him at Alabama. Why are we not following their recruiting model ("bag drop" comments aside)? If it's not broken, why fix it?

The $40, physical, and 30 minutes of warming up is a complete clown-show. If an elite recruit (hell, if even a 3-star Division 1 quality player) shows up on campus he should be given the royal treatment....and of course if he's a high 4-star or a 5-star they should literally suck him off when he gets on campus!

This whole thing is being run like a lower tier program. I just don't understand how practically half our staff worked at Alabama and they come to UF and change things (recruiting wise). And I'm tired of people saying "bagman" or whatever. It's sour grapes. Sure, there's some cheating going on...but if Alabama, UGA, FSU are doing it (all programs w/ former Saban assistants) so are we. Don't kid yourself.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm late to the party. Had a busy day. Boy oh boy, this story sure sheds some light on a few things, huh? Guess we know now why we've become 3*U.
:wobble:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
@Marianna-FL_Gator when does that c0cksucker Nuss get fired? What's the deadline?
Like I've said numerous times we'll see changes after the bowl game. Who it will be all depends on who you talk to. Looks like Nord/Summers is on there way out but the information around Nuss is still 50/50 despite the information that was put out earlier. I now expect him to be retained!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
While Bama, UGA, and FSU bagmen are giving recruits stacks of 100s, we're giving them a clean crisp 2 dollar bill and acting like it's the best thing ever.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way Slevin, any chance you can send a copy of that story to the new AD? Maybe we won't have to wait an extra year for the inevitable if the new AD hears how crappy recruits are being treated by our staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The UAA tasks certain interns and other friendlies with spreading propaganda on social media and the boards. Whether or not they care, I dont know. You'd think they would care enough to roll out the carpet for recruits but maybe not if several members the coaching staff failed to fix it after the problem was discovered.

I think the staff is just busy patting themselves on the back for getting to watch Bammer win a championship.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The UAA tasks certain interns and other friendlies with spreading propaganda on social media and the boards. Whether or not they care, I dont know. You'd think they would care enough to roll out the carpet for recruits but maybe not if several members the staff failed to fix it after the problem was discovered.

I think the staff is just busy patting themselves on the back for getting to watch Bammer win a championship.
:lol:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It is to the point I would rather see Hudspeth from UL-Lafayette or Satterfield from Appy be HC here, both from a conference weaker than the Mountain West that Mac came from.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, I have some folks in the know on the staff of a major local high school football team(in Tampa). They always have D-I recruits and the feed back I received was very negative. In fact, when the UF staff came down to visit their top recruit...it was literally a JOKE. The recruits do not like Mac at all. Sorry, but this crap is real.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Judging by Mac's recruiting prowess, these stories must be very close to being true.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, I have some folks in the know on the staff of a major local high school football team(in Tampa). They always have D-I recruits and the feed back I received was very negative. In fact, when the UF staff came down to visit their top recruit...it was literally a JOKE. The recruits do not like Mac at all. Sorry, but this crap is real.

:suicide:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Its pretty clear why we cant get a top notch qb here. They have to pay 40 bucks to throw in front of our coaches.
If I we're this kid soon as they hit me with the $40 fee I would have laughed and walked right up out that b*tch!

Last time I checked...the offensive staff hasn't done sh*t but stink it up on Gameday/on the trail and have been paid pretty well to do so. Yet they are charging elite QB's to come and throw? Smh...unbelievable...yet it explains everything!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
If this story is true this is incompetence beyond belief. Our #1 need is recruiting and even the most mentally challenged of our weak staff has to know that. I would dismiss something like this as untrue except we've seen the same do-nothing garbage on game day time after time. These turds will be here next year with possibly a better offense (115th, any movement has to be up) and a defense that will likely be a shadow of its former self. We have completed year 2 of the Mac experience. We are so disorganized that we treat good recruits like shyte. If this was normal business Mac would have been replaced 18 months ago. He won't take charge or accept responsibility. Hard to believe he was trained under the Saban system he didn't learn one damn thing. Iowa has to be laughing they'll beat these azzclowns like a drum.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
What I don't get is that Nuss, McElwain, Rumph and some of the support staff all worked for Saban and combined have 20+ years of time spent under Saban at Bama. Why are they not doing what Bama does? It's a complete sh*tshow down there. They are clueless.
Starting to doubt they were called on to do much in recruiting in Elephant land, the handlers, support staff and cash givers probably do most of it there, at UF it's more on the coaches and now it's a disaster.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Thanks for all the upbeat news today guys. Really pulled me back from the ledge.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Guys I just discovered a new way to tolerateall of this. It's called a Christmas party with lots of bourbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.